New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest Maximus9

I wrote a PM to Frankish, hope I will get a solution... I think this will be of interest to a lot of us here, I am sure I am not the only one that will have to return the phone for some reason and have the B888 installed and worry about warranty.

I received a new phone yesterday, looks all good, it had B885 already, it was locked, and the screen seems a bit better, more responsive, maybe is just an impression.

Guest Rocketeers21

Just flashed the B888 rom and vendor app to mine after trying the b886.everything seems fine,all notification menus and the touch pal keyboard are present.had to do a few tries with the vendor app to get that installed. but was quite happy withtout it and having extra home screen options,tho I think 5 is sufficient for now and everything seems to run smoothly.much better without all the bloatware on it now,

Guest FrankieADZ

Just flashed the B888 rom and vendor app to mine after trying the b886.everything seems fine,all notification menus and the touch pal keyboard are present.had to do a few tries with the vendor app to get that installed. but was quite happy withtout it and having extra home screen options,tho I think 5 is sufficient for now and everything seems to run smoothly.much better without all the bloatware on it now,

if u want to rid of touchpal; u need root explorer :)

Guest rsrocha

Just for you guys to know ive found a B889 operator specific rom.

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDU5MTZ=

Also there is the B888 for other regions (Russia)

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDU5MTU=

Unfortunately these ones are not available for download.

If you have spare time to search, you just only need to change the letters on the end of the link:

Where it says "NDU5MTU" you can change to "NDU5MTZ" and another download appears. Also the number seems to go from 1 to 5.

Edited by rsrocha

Guest rsrocha

I like to leave here my feedback about this rom.

After receiving the phone from vodafone i flashed the B888 rom (update and vendor) and its been rock solid for 2 days with moderate use. Only Google Finance crashed this morning but i believe this is more an app problem.

To fix the language problem i installed an app to select others than the ones listed by default by the vendor update. This is why the download location at huawei page specifies this is for Noth East Channel. Maybe a Western Channel have the portuguese language.

The speaker problem is fixed but the only letdown is the quality of the speaker itself. Certain ringtones distort if you apply maximum volume.

I experienced some call drops on the road being this related to cell switching from 3g to 2g. When this happens the phone loses network to switch to 2g mode. When switching from 2g to 3g it makes the transition fine. I switched off 3g as it also saves me battery.

Battery wise, the phone only had 2 complete charges/discharges but it can last for about a day (from 8am to 23pm) with moderate use. Today i turned on the phone at 8am after charging all night and right now (5pm) it says i have 68% left.

This phone was indeed a bang for the buck.

Guest Willbott

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help - the B888 ROM downloads appear not to work any more.....??? Tried all the ones from this thread and none download now.

Does anyone have the stock official Huawei B888 ROM??? Where could I get it from now??? Can some one post it up somewhere?

Cheers

Will

Guest Willbott

Tried that. I just get "Not Downloading. Try Again?" when I actually try to download it?

Where on the Huawei site can I get it from? I've looked but can't see it anywhere???

Edited by Willbott

Guest droiddruid

Try installing Opera Mobile from the market and retry download via Opera, unless of course your already using it, if so ignore this post :-)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Hi,

I have a newly bought Portuguese Vodafone G300...

I wanted to upgrade to B888, but after reading rsrocha referring language problems, gotta ask, what are those? No Portuguese language or Keyboard is it?

Edit:

Ok, so I´ve installed B886, and after doing the vendor update lost Portuguese language..

Got it back using morelocale2.

I guess that will work on B888 too...

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Also, the two links on the first page have different sizes.. :wacko:

This one says 184mb http://www.uloz.to/x...001c185b888-rar

and this http://www.mediafire...navhb71095je2fh 175Mb...

I´ve downloaded the mediafire one since it´s way faster...

And what about the "official" link that was posted some pages ago?

Sry for all the questions! really great phone, but gotta fix the volume ;)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I would say you have to put just the file from inside the vendor folder inside the dload folder, not the whole vendor folder.

I did the dload update first. Then deleted the file. Played with the phone for a few hours.

Then put the vendor file in dload folder. Went to Settings/Storage/Software Update again, the phone restarted after the update progression bar and then the phone then just got stuck on a black screen with yellow writing saying:

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /data...

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /HWUserData...

file backup success

A large green OK was also on screen.

I pulled the battery out. On restart the phone reset all settings, lost all my apps, although before vendor I did reinstall them all. On the good side, the notification bar toolbox was back. Also the CooTek TouchPal keyboard.

Now is that normal? Anyone else had the same issue?

What are really the differences with vendor and without?

I´ve Spotted some, without vendor:

- The boot animation is different, says "android"

- Access to a whole lot of languages. (including Portuguese, witch is the one I need and is not available with the vendor)

- No Notification bar power control

- No custom keyboard.

- 7 home screens instead of 5.

This are the main differences I´ve seen, do you know if there are any more?

I am thinking about flashing B888 and not applying vendor, cause then I can have stock Portuguese language, without morelocale2 and I think the touchpal can be installed manually.

Do you see any drawbacks in this? I don´t really care about the notification bar power control...

Guest pOcHa

I already tried that, but everything stayed the same as with the vendor update. Then I flashed the new B894 without the vendor update, but yet again all huewei branding remained... maybe I should have done a factory restore (too late now cause i flashed the vendor update after that).

Guest rsrocha

I went to the new B894 version. The language selection to portuguese is made by an external app (i use Locale Set). I allways flashed the vendor update as instructed and never had any problem.

Guest pOcHa

vendor app is perfectly fine if you want huawei default lockscreen, launcher, apps and widgets - but i dont need them....

@PeaceMaker_B without vendor update there is widget which completely replaces the notification toggles, but vendor removes it for a less usefull one.

Edited by pOcHa

Guest PeaceMaker_H

vendor app is perfectly fine if you want huawei default lockscreen, launcher, apps and widgets - but i dont need them....

@PeaceMaker_B without vendor update there is widget which completely replaces the notification toggles, but vendor removes it for a less usefull one.

What I want is to not use vendor update..

Going to flash B894 without the vendor and test...

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Ok, so I´ve flashed B888 without vendor.

All languages available, including Portuguese.

7 screens and a Home Screen menu that allows to choose themes, number of home screens, animation, icons, etc...

Way better like this!

(don´t know if this menu is available by not flashing vendor or if its from B888, this are just first impressions)