6 important questions/settings for Android on Omnia 2

Guest omnian_v

Guest omnian_v

1. How can I import contacts from windows contacts or outlook? I have them in greek language which I suppose is UTF-8. They did not appear good on my phone after importing from .vcf files.

2. Can I connect my phone to Sansung Kies and sync SMS, contacts and all other data?

3. I have noticed that android consumes more battery almost double than WinMo. Is that normal? Can I do some settings to reduce it?

4. Can I install a keyboard in my language (Greek)? I mean the system keyboard to have two input languages.

5. It is SLOW. I installed on my 2gb SD card which is class 2. Will it improve if I installe the OS on a class 10 (at least 10MB/sec transfer rate guaranteed) card? Does the phone hardware support that??

6. Why does the time change whenever I reboot (and boot through Winmo first, of course). The minutes stay accurate, but the hours go back by 2, EVERY time. Then I have to set it again.

Please answer, relatively to each question using the specific question number fot the answer. Also if some of these have been answered in this forum just add the link to the corresponding number.

Thanks!

Guest omnian_v

4.SOLVED. :) :) I am sorry :wacko: that I did not notice. The language of the keyaboard as well as the system and menu language can be changed from the settings menu.

Guest erikcas

Time: set timezone to london and then time to your local time in winmo. When you start android time will be displayed correctly in your timezone.

Speed will drastically increase when you install on class 10. And hardware is supported.

Phone will not communicate with KIES.

You can not import contacts from windows based archives as far as I know. Best workaround is export to sim in winmo and then import from sim in android.

Powerconsumption is known. See [stopped] topic (where all your questions are answered yet). A user there (ipac) claims that his kernel reduces powerconsumption. I don't agree with him directly but he could make progressiom. Imo powerconsumption is caused by androidimage. I hope to release a new beta soon which I am testing currently and shows dratic betterylife improvement.

See the earlier mentioned topic for answers to lots of questions and don't hesitate to use the forums search function. Especially read the first three posts there first

Guest omnian_v

thank you for everything.

i will give i it a try with search.

i hope at least someone else can get these important answers here.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cerm78

To move the contacts I used WinMo email client to sync them to my GMail account and after installing Android all of them were automatically synced back from GMail... It was so transparent that I actually don't remember the detailed steps :blush: