please i need help

Guest alphadavid99

Guest alphadavid99

I think what i need to do is flash a rom thruough ftm not cwm

zte software updater is just being a pain

it doesnt recognise what firmware i have .

How do i flash a rom when in ftm

please help

Guest BLu3HaZe

@alpha - I'm not sure how badly your phone software is messed up, but does "fastboot" work for you in FTM mode? That's how I installed CWM after accidently flashing stock firmware which put the stock recovery back.

Guest alphadavid99

hi guys update on my situation

i can -

- get into ftm

- get into download mode

- flash my phone with the tmv unlocker

- flash my phone with zte updater

but when i flash my phone instead of rebooting into cwm or booting normally it still goes straight to ftm ( or i have to take the battery out because its just a blank screen)

the tpt method doesnt work because the capactive buttons aren't on.

Guest alphadavid99

@alpha - I'm not sure how badly your phone software is messed up, but does "fastboot" work for you in FTM mode? That's how I installed CWM after accidently flashing stock firmware which put the stock recovery back.

how do i get into fastboot mode through ftm

Guest BLu3HaZe

fastboot is not a mode on the phone, it's like adb. About the exacts commands, I can't recall right now as I'm on the move. But fastboot /? in cmd should give you an idea or maybe someone else could explain for now?

Have you unlocked your phone?

And I think you mean to say your bootloader has been written over with stock recovery (FTM)? Sorry I can't be of much help as my knowledge on this is limited :(

Guest alphadavid99

i checked other threads and something came up about restoring nv

i just restored mine with the correct imei but it still booted straight into ftm

• 6 months later...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY PHONE IS ON GUYS THANK YOU MODACO

Hi mate i got the same problem as you had....stuck in DFU mode

Flash firmware

1. Download this file, which contains the ZTE flasher along with firmware to flash your phone with, and unzip it somewhere convenient.
  2. Run “Flasher.exe” from the extracted folder. Press the exclamation mark and login as administrator with the password “ZTEsmt123”.
  3. Under “SW Directory”, select the correct firmware folder inside the extracted folder (European Gen1 firmware or Chinese v880 Gen2 firmware). ONLY flash the one appropriate for your phone.
  4. Leave the default settings as they are – “download cefs” ticked, “no backup restore” selected, and “download” selected.
  5. Go to the “Option” menu and select “Port Config”. Set line 1 to the COM port that you observed in step 3, then press OK.
  6. Press the purple arrow next to line 1 and wait for your phone to be flashed. When finished it should boot into FTM mode.

Cannot get into FTM mode (after using flasher screen stays black even after rebooting

How did you manage it?

Anyone else any ideas?

Thanks in advance