Can it be unbricked?

Guest BzuCo

Guest BzuCo

Hello,

first of all, I'm sorry for yet another "help, I've bricked my phone" topic. I've tried searching for an answer, but if it is out there, I have not searched well enough then.

The long story short:

After unsuccessfull attempt to root my new ZTE Skate (carrier sponsored version, fortunately paid only about 20€ for it), without making a backup first (what was I thinking), the phone got stuck on the android logo when trying to boot. On some forum I've found info to do factory reset, and some wipes (don't remember now). That didn't help. Another info I've found was to also format /system and then flash ROM. I've downloaded stock ROM and put it on the SD card, so I proceeded. But the flashing didn't finish, it got aborted. Now the phone won't boot to recovery (I didn't realize formating /system will delete recovery), all it does when I try to turn it on is vibrate in pulses.

Is it possible to unbrick this phone?

Please spare me the things that I didn't do or what I should have done. I know I've made several stupid things in the process I don't need to be reminded of again.

Thanks

Guest Anthony1989

What you want to do is a put a tpt on your Sd card and boot it up to get cwm back. After that put a rom on the sd card then you should be back up and running

Guest BzuCo

Anthony1989, you've just restored a little light of hope in me. Do you think you could point me some docs about it, please? I'm not lazy to do google searches, but I want verified piece of information.

Thank you very much!

Guest Anthony1989
Anthony1989, you've just restored a little light of hope in me. Do you think you could point me some docs about it, please? I'm not lazy to do google searches, but I want verified piece of information.

Thank you very much!

Scroll down the page abit and there's a thread zte skate tpts get the stock orange one and follow instructions. Can't help much more as I'm on my phone at the moment

Guest Ipecac9

From what you describe, you have very good chances of getting your phone up and running again. What you need is a memory card reader. Are you going back to the stock Orange ROM or do you want to flash a custom ROM?

Guest BzuCo

Scroll down the page abit and there's a thread zte skate tpts get the stock orange one and follow instructions. Can't help much more as I'm on my phone at the moment

Thank you very much I'll try that

From what you describe, you have very good chances of getting your phone up and running again. What you need is a memory card reader. Are you going back to the stock Orange ROM or do you want to flash a custom ROM?

I'd like to revert to stock ROM at first, but I don't think it was Orange ROM as the phone was bought at a different carrier.

Guest Ipecac9

Oh, then you need to find a TPT containing your carriers stock ROM. Try searching for it.

If you can't find it, you could flash CyanogenMod or something, just to revive your phone. If you eventually find your stock TPT it's not too late to flash it.

Guest timfimjim

http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/

It would be simpler to install a TPT + ROM All in one though.

I would recommend SKatie. http://www.modaco.co...ge__hl__ skatie

Download the zip, put it on the root of your SD card. Then unzip it so that there is an 'image' folder.

Put the SD card in your phone. Make sure that your phone is well charged (so charge until the back light LED goes green). Then hold Power, Menu and Vol+.

Be patient. Don't panic, TPTs can take a few minutes, as can installing a ROM. Don't pull the battery out mid-way through an installation.

Edited by timfimjim

Guest BzuCo

Guys, I want to thank all of you. It worked! I was ready to accept that the phone is broken for good and ready to sell it to parts, but you have saved it!

I am *so much* thankful!