[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

@ C3C0

Thanks for the info :)

@ Others

I've released version 1.3 ^_^

The two most important changes are:

• Redone all memory, kernel, cache, system, battery and TCP tweaks
  • Cleaned up the systems framework

The ROM is faster, smoother and should have even better battery life than before due to all of the changes I've made.

And for them who want something to replace "power controls", just try this or this.

Enjoy.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

Great update, thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the alternatives for the Power Controls.

I will give it a try.

my fault - I must remember that you pre-set the ROM to do a full set of wipes, oh hum. :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest H3ROS

@ dibbles

The wipes are important with this release too, otherwise you might get some junk system files left behind and I couldn't promise any improved battery / performance. As things are right now the ROM is very clean, scores high in benchmarks and the battery seems to be doing very well under the stress tests I've done. Almost everything has been tweaked so internally it runs like no other Skate ROM.

Guest dibbles

@H3ROS - I agree with what you have written and I'm glad that you have protected me from.....me.!

The only thing that I should have done is to backup my texts first so that I could have then restored them, there were a few I wanted to keep.

No big issue as a clean install is always preferable anyway.

I will back my wife's texts up first before I update hers :)

Thanks again for your work and sharing :)

Guest gacama

I'm trying 1.3 version and have to say that I'm loving this rom, very good battery life and no bugs very good work, thanks

Guest thoronx

H3ROS almighty !

Thanx for this update, everything is OK for now, but I am still testing it,

Playstore My Apps is still empty for "offline" apk installs, dunno, I will install

everything online through play store to receive updates,

Missing the power controls app ...

Guest Redstarr1

H3ROS almighty !

Thanx for this update, everything is OK for now, but I am still testing it,

Playstore My Apps is still empty for "offline" apk installs, dunno, I will install

everything online through play store to receive updates,

Missing the power controls app ...

You could link your offline installed apps with the Titanium Backup Market Doctor?

Guest thoronx

You could link your offline installed apps with the Titanium Backup Market Doctor?

TB was installed from SD card as an apk, TB 5.1.0.2 -> [MENU] -> Market Tools -> Market Doctor -> User apps -> Select All

-> Link the selected apps to the Market, the phone was rebooted after that, but still nothing in My Apps list ... TB 5.1.0.2

lists all of my apps, after searching for TB in Play Store, it recognise it as an installed app and offers me an update, repeating

the above procedure with updated TB 5.2.0.1 the market doctor says that TB has found no recoverable Market link ...

I think it does not worth the time solving this "issue" I will install all of My Apps through PlayStore ... It will be faster solution :-)

Guest inox_od

Tried to change some values in framework-res.apk - decompiled it, compiled it and singed with test key.

In result I've got totally unworking device with permanent booting. Of course I've done full wipes a thousand times. Please fix it.

PS: I've done this before on swedish snow rom and it worked well.

Guest H3ROS

@ sasans

If only that wasn't so much work to port. It'd take thousands of changes.

@ thoronx

I suggested a few free replacements for "power controls" in my post about the update. Originally I didn't have the application in AtomICS and then someone said I should borrow it from AtomicMod. The issue is its warez as it's real name is SwitchPro Widget so it'd be against the forum rules to supply it.

@ manny0123

And thank you for taking your time to post :)

@ inox_od

Which values? It's just that I know the framework file works when its added to the UOT Kitchen and if I recompile it how it is then that works too.

Guest thoronx

@ thoronx

I suggested a few free replacements for "power controls" in my post about the update. Originally I didn't have the application in AtomICS and then someone said I should borrow it from AtomicMod. The issue is its warez as it's real name is SwitchPro Widget so it'd be against the forum rules to supply it.

hmmm ... SwitchPro ... thx ;)

Guest inox_od
@ inox_od

Which values? It's just that I know the framework file works when its added to the UOT Kitchen and if I recompile it how it is then that works too.

I need to change res/values-ru/strings.xml file, especially

<string name="fileSizeSuffix">[/CODE]

parameter.

There is no need to place line break. Unfortunately 99% of ROMs that are located on this forum have this bug (only fresh CM 7.2 builds don't). I don't know why.

Edited by inox_od

Guest inox_od

I'll take a look and can either provide you with the modified file or I'll give you instructions that I used to modify it.

EDIT:

http://www.fileswap....mework.zip.html

I done it the quick way and simply preserved all existing files and replaced resources.arsc

thanks for the fast fix! will try it.

EDIT: It works!

ROM is good, though scrolling in menus and between desktops is sometimes choppy after cm 7.2.

Edited by inox_od

Guest thoronx

Thx, actually I am looking for second appereance of brightness percentage settings, it is "hidden" somewhere

but I can't found it, as I remember it is also settable somewhere else ...

SETTINGS -> H3 Blues Settings -> Power Control Settings -> Global Settings - Level Of Brightness

Finally Found ! :D

Settings -> H3 Blues Settings -> Power Widget buttons ... scroll down ... Brightness modes ;)

Guest Gagas1

thanks for the fast fix! will try it.

EDIT: It works!

ROM is good, though scrolling in menus and between desktops is sometimes choppy after cm 7.2.

So this is something good for everyone, yeah? I didn't quite understand what is usefull for.

Guest inox_od

H3ROS, I've found another little visual style bug. Here is the screenshot:

post-965719-0-58267200-1338923966_thumb.

As you can see, bluetooth transfer progress text is almost invisble, only progressbar is visible.

Can it be fixed easily?