[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Well appaprently CM7.2 uses the a modified version of the email app from Android 2.3.4, so I'm just going to use what I previously did in 1.7 as that allows you to edit account colours.

New BETA:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Him4qmpYPU/

Changes:

• Removed the bravia engine. It uses ARMv7 libs, so it doesn't work anyway (this goes for all Skate ROM's)
  • Fixed the email client

And just so people get the idea here. You should only install the BETA version if you don't mind formatting and testing things. Otherwise stick with 1.7 until I take 2.0 out of BETA.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest scotchmizzed

Installed it and did the usual wipe/cache factory reset, wipe cache, and advanced/wipe dalvik and installed. Skipped google account setup till booted and then went in and set it up once up and running.

No problems so far, then went for appz from play store.

Was stuck on downloading from play store and when i went to press back button it rebooted and got stuck on boot-loop to which i had to take battery out. Still stuck on boot-loop.

Had it with 1.5 too is that a partition problem size-wise?

Thanks anyway mate..

I'm working on packaging it right now. I'm then going to attempt working on an update package, although it will be rather large since it's basically a new ROM.

Guest WiiSky70

I'm working on packaging it right now. I'm then going to attempt working on an update package, although it will be rather large since it's basically a new ROM.

Let's hope for it , if it is a new ROM it will come with that Go Launcher or another ?

Guest bardriel

Very good rom! I have installed and now i´m testing. It´s very soon to tell about battery life and another things so i´ll back tomorrow to tell my experiences.

Thanks for this rom and for all your work.

^^

Edited by bardriel

Everythings been updated in the first post :)

@ bardriel

Battery should be better than stock since it underclocks the CPU and doesn't use the max speed when it's not needed. Theres no applications there that should eat away your battery either.

Guest bardriel

After playing with that rom i only say thats is very good. I only have 2 problems. First one i have a poor network signal (i´m not orange so i don´t know if the patch will work for me). Second one is the battery. When the screen is of no problem but when i am using it battery drain so fast. Anyone facing same problems?

Guest bardriel

I notice signal lost because i have no signal where before i have it, and in other places when before my signal was perfect now i have bad results.

Anyway i´m going to continue with this rom for some days to test battery after 3 or 4 cycles.

Thanks for all

^^

Thx H3ros for your excellent rom, which I voted best rom ever in the poll. Your rom is very stable, everything works, the sound is excellent, the battery lasts long, the rom is very smooth and it has go launcher, which I prefer to other launchers. My second choice would be Mokee or Paranoid, but I've always come back to H3 Blues and now will stay with it.

The signal should be the same for all ROM's, but I'd suggest if you're not going to be using your data connection then switch to the 2G network. That should have the best coverage and it saves a little battery when in use.

As for battery drainage, that could be the ROM playing catchup. For example here. If you installed the ROM while your battery was 70% or less then the ROM can't correctly calibrate against it, so you have to use the phone until its at least 4% battery and then fully charge it to 100%. You should then notice it holds its charge a bit better :) Another thing to keep in mind when compared to the stock ROM is that the stock ROM drops the battery every 5%, so it goes from 100%, 95%, 90% etc. and so you don't notice the drain as much as the 1% drops.

@ Janfri

I too do try the other ROM's, but I find myself coming back to a stock ROM because as you said, everything works. It's a shame people can't dual boot easily though because even I would like to test ICS/JB ROM's, espcially now they can decode HQ youtube. I'm hoping to see that improve so all video is playable without lag, and not just for the Skate but for all ARMv6 devices.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest bardriel

Thanks for advices. Yes, i´m now calibrating my battery. I think that with 2 or 3 days of normal use i can achieve very good results.

^^

As i said before, excellent rom!

@ krystman

No volume steps addons as of yet. I know it's nice to have more volume steps, but that does kind of break music controls for when the screens off as you end up having to tap the button a lot.

@ TouchyAndalou

I didn't bother since the ROM itself is under the 150MB mark, but I could if you want it gone.

The old addon won't work as it's using a different settings.apk.