[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Do you have linked applications? You could try clearing the cache and dalvik cache from clockworkmod.

Thx for answering. Yes, I have all my apps automatically linked to SD, but the installation process freezes before the linking with Link2SD, just after the download there is no installation progres. I have tried clearing the cache and dalvik cache, but even doing that, the rom will not reboot. I have tried a new installation several times and it always happens, only with poweramp. And it is a fact that I can install, link and use poweramp with all other roms I have tried. Maybe a problem with the dolby part? Poweramp is supposed to have a dolby button appear if dolby is available...Cheers!

@ WiiSky70

Currently my focus is the JB themed ROM with H3B as it's base, but there's still a lot for me to do so that it's as polished as I'd like.

@ Janfri

It could be something to do with Dolby but I wouldn't expect that to be the problem as the process is stopped before removing it. Dolby in this ROM is also the official version, not backported from 2.3.4 so it should have less problems.

I don't actually own PowerAMP so I can't say if it's a problem for me or not. Maybe someone else can confirm if they're having issues uninstalling it?

Edited by H3ROS

@ WiiSky70

Currently my focus is the JB themed ROM with H3B as it's base, but there's still a lot for me to do so that it's as polished as I'd like.

@ Janfri

It could be something to do with Dolby but I wouldn't expect that to be the problem as the process is stopped before removing it. Dolby in this ROM is also the official version, not backported from 2.3.4 so it should have less problems.

I don't actually own PowerAMP so I can't say if it's a problem for me or not. Maybe someone else can confirm if they're having issues uninstalling it?

I understand that the process is stopped during the installation, market freezes while installing. But parts of poweramp might be written somewhere or change something so that h3bules does not reboot anymore.:( Thank you anyway!

Guest absolver

I used to have coldfusion x2 before that rom, so i have modified partition sizes used for jelly bean(230mb system, 3mb cache, rest for data), but now that i installed this gingerbread rom, it seems to work fine, but a question came up to my mind, that 3mb cache partition is enough for gingerbread? will it able to handle it when using high performance apps or 3d games?

if not, what are the correct partition sizes for gingerbread? so then i can make a new tpt and reinstall the rom

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

P.S.

i also read it can cause google play incompatibility, i mean it won't show big size apps, is this true?

(because at the moment i haven't noticed that, for example angry birds star wars, it's quite large, it's about 40mb, isn't it?)

Edited by absolver

You can change the TPT to at least 150MB for the system and 2MB cache. The default is 200MB system and a 35MB cache, but using that you'd be wasting at least 50MB if you used that.

I think some much larger apps can have issues but thats an easy fix.

Guest absolver

You can change the TPT to at least 150MB for the system and 2MB cache. The default is 200MB system and a 35MB cache, but using that you'd be wasting at least 50MB if you used that.

I think some much larger apps can have issues but thats an easy fix.

thx for your answer

@ Janfri

While taking a break from theme work I taken a closer look into the Poweramp issue and I've isolated whats causing it. I'm currently working on a fix :)

There shouldn't be duplicate contacts unless you've also got contacts listed from your simcard somehow or you've got software such as Skype or Viber that have messed them up?

@ mogamycool

It's probably the software you used. It sounds like theres an offline cached copy and googles too? If it was a ROM problem a lot of other people would of reported it by now.

I've released the 2.2 update which can be applied to either version 2.0 or 2.1 of the ROM. I'll release an updated full version of the ROM later in the day.

v2.2 - Enabled Dalvik class verification (Fixes apps such as Poweramp)

v2.2 - Fixed a bug in SystemUI and GO Launcher EX so that they work with class verification enabled

v2.2 - Themed the Talk app

v2.2 - Updated Play Store and the hosts file

v2.2 - Tweaked my init.d script to allow Android to log some information (fixes some warnings)

v2.2 - Increased JPEG image quality to 100%

Download links can be found in the first post.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Ecki1979

2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2 update doesn't boot on 2.1. Not sure why

Had same situation. Wiping both cache and dalvik cache in recovery helped to get the phone booting again. :)

Guest Ecki1979

I did this after flashing the update and after realising, that the phone doesn´t boot. My Phone just showed me the android. Had to remove battery.

Oops. I should of mentioned that due to the Dalvik changes it may require you to wipe your cache and Dalvik cache after you've applied the update. I'll add install instructions to the first post :)

I've added links for fresh installations :)

@ utternoob

Do you have much installed on the ROM? With it's default settings and apps I've never experienced a single reboot. If it happens again it'd be great if you could try to capture it in a logcat.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

Everytime you update the ROM , it gets better and better AND BETTER ;)

Also like the new JB Theme , very awesome concept and a really cool idea H3ROS.

Guest utternoob

I've added links for fresh installations :)

@ utternoob

Do you have much installed on the ROM? With it's default settings and apps I've never experienced a single reboot. If it happens again it'd be great if you could try to capture it in a logcat.

Only enough to fill 4 4x4 pages including system apps. Not sure why, but it did it twice and stopped

The JB themed H3B is turning out to be a lot of work and I can tell you that the menus changed a little since I taken the screenshot. Of course it won't look exactly like JB as you need to keep specific colours in Gingerbread otherwise you can end up with weird theme bugs on applications that use their own colour scheme e.g. They use black font and the JB popup window is black so you wouldn't be able to see anything. The only solution to this is for me to mix holo dark with holo light.

With some overclocking you can get this ROM to score over 3015 in the latest version of AnTuTu by the way.

Guest mi nombre

The JB themed H3B is turning out to be a lot of work and I can tell you that the menus changed a little since I taken the screenshot. Of course it won't look exactly like JB as you need to keep specific colours in Gingerbread otherwise you can end up with weird theme bugs on applications that use their own colour scheme e.g. They use black font and the JB popup window is black so you wouldn't be able to see anything. The only solution to this is for me to mix holo dark with holo light.

With some overclocking you can get this ROM to score over 3015 in the latest version of AnTuTu by the way.

Well, the result is going to be fantastic anyway :D

@ mogamycool

It's probably the software you used. It sounds like theres an offline cached copy and googles too? If it was a ROM problem a lot of other people would of reported it by now.

I've released the 2.2 update which can be applied to either version 2.0 or 2.1 of the ROM. I'll release an updated full version of the ROM later in the day.

Download links can be found in the first post.

Thank you very much for the fix H3ROS, I have installed the update and everything installs and works perfectly now.