[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

At this point I'm just cleaning up a few things and making sure that everything works. I'm thinking about including an auto-updater too while it's in it's early public stage as that'd make things easier for me.

I should mention that the ROM shouldn't be tampered with. You shouldn't remove any of it's apps or install any extra scripts. If you do any of these things then you'll be on your own if you start to have issues.

Guest WiiSky70

At this point I'm just cleaning up a few things and making sure that everything works. I'm thinking about including an auto-updater too while it's in it's early public stage as that'd make things easier for me.

I should mention that the ROM shouldn't be tampered with. You shouldn't remove any of it's apps or install any extra scripts. If you do any of these things then you'll be on your own if you start to have issues.

OTA Updates are awlays welcome :D . Congrats on your ROM since im expecting the public release to be available for everyone in middle-end of this month ;)

Guest kamango604

Dont mean to sound rude but this new rom story started way back in 2012. Thats 9 months ago. In january you posted some preview shots of its looks saying it wont be finished soon. In april you said its 95% finished and it need finishing touches and it would be ready in couple of weeks. Thats 4.5 mothes ago... 15 days ago you said it would be ready for the 1st of sept.

Skate is my 3rd phone and it has been in my drawer for over a year so i dont really use it, but every now and then i like to see whats new. But i guess there are people that are waiting to see if your new rom will give our skates a new life. My point is, even though your making us all a big favour you shouldnt have made any promisses in the first place. I am pretty sure there are people which have delayed their purchases of new phone.

We all respect you and are very grateful for your work, so please next time just release it and dont make us eagerly await it.

Dont mean to sound rude but this new rom story started way back in 2012. Thats 9 months ago. In january you posted some preview shots of its looks saying it wont be finished soon.

I understand where you're coming from, but I did also post about an unexpected loss of a family member, that I'd been sick and that I'm very busy as I was starting a new job. I've also mentioned a few times that I only work on the ROM in my spare time and that's something I don't get a lot of, which is why I try not to commit to dates. In another thread I even said that if I hadn't of mentioned publicly that I was working on a new ROM that I probably would of already switched to a new phone e.g. the Nexus 4.

I've said myself that Skate development is pretty much dead, but it seems that a few people are waiting to see what I can come up with. I don't want to let these people down, but it really has been hard for me to put the time into the ROM. And it's not like it's going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but it will be a stable and optimized stock gingerbread ROM with Dolby audio and a Holo theme. That's all I've promised people.

I was aiming for the 1st of this month, but I've been helping my Canadian friend setup their Y300. I also left Friday night to go somewhere over the weekend and only had internet access via my phone, so things haven't gone as planned. Having said that though, I did originally say that "I'm going to see if I can get things ready for public testing" and not that I will. I am still trying to get things done though, so maybe by this weekend or next if I don't get distracted.

By the way, what makes it worse for me is that because Skate development is now pretty much dead theres more people looking at what I'm doing. If there were still other new ROM's being developed then people wouldn't care much about what I'm doing, so I'd be under less pressure to hurry up and release my ROM.

@ WiiSky70

OTA is something I'd like to have simply because I don't want to provide updates for each minor change I make. Once I feel as though I'm really done with it then I'd remove OTA and upload the complete ROM containing all of the patches.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

Take your time. ;)

On my side, I think about changing my phone since 4 months and yet, i haven't do it because i don't know what to take.

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko

Take your time. ;)

On my side, I think about changing my phone since 4 months and yet, i haven't do it because i don't know what to take.

I'm upgrading to a Galaxy S2 in a couple of months when I've got the money. I've heard a lot of people recommend it (on /r/Android, forums etc.), so you can't really go wrong with that. Plus, you can always sell it a bit later on and buy something else.

Guest WiiSky70

I'm upgrading to a Galaxy S2 in a couple of months when I've got the money. I've heard a lot of people recommend it (on /r/Android, forums etc.), so you can't really go wrong with that. Plus, you can always sell it a bit later on and buy something else.

S2 is becoming an outdated phone . It's a dual-core but just buy a nexus 4 . it's cutting edge and it's a bargain

Great !! My Defaut Rom

Thanks H3ROS !!

Thanks :) That was goal of the ROM. It'll receive a minor update once I've finished working on H3 Holo.

@ xander21

I'm currently modding the statusbar for the 3rd time now as I've finally figured out how to do something I've been wanting for a while. I'll post a screenshot when I'm done.

Guest xander21

I was planning to not spend more than 250-300€ on a phone.

So i was thinking about MI-2S but i'm afraid of the warranty if i buy it on the few site that i have see it.

Guest omegavesko

I was planning to not spend more than 250-300€ on a phone.

So i was thinking about MI-2S but i'm afraid of the warranty if i buy it on the few site that i have see it.

The MI-2S is a great phone, I'll give you that. Where have you seen it? I didn't know anyone was even selling them outside of China.

@ xander21

I'm currently modding the statusbar for the 3rd time now as I've finally figured out how to do something I've been wanting for a while. I'll post a screenshot when I'm done.

And heres that screenshot:

post-954400-0-13257800-1378406023_thumb.

• Jelly Bean AOSP style menu
  • Jelly Bean date, quick settings and clear button at the top
  • Power widgets on the second row

So the menu now looks nothing like Gingerbread.

Edited by H3ROS

Thanks guys. That taken many different smali, xml and image edits to do it. That's just the menu though. I've given just as much attention to the camera, email app and even the keyboard as I've shown here before. Speaking of which, I may modify the keyboard a little more as I'm not totally comfy with the blue glow you get when you press a key.

The only thing that bugs me about the status bar are apps that are badly coded from the play store. They'll try to create their own entry in the status bar rather than using what the framework says you should be. So the result is that they may not be the same height or they may remove the square on the left. Most applications do it right, but if you find one that doesn't then it's not a fault with the ROM.

What people should keep in mind when I release this is that it's not trying to be ICS or Jelly Bean. It's just applying a Holo theme to Gingerbread, so where on Jelly Bean something might use a black background on Gingerbread it needs to remain white for compatibility reasons, else you may get some apps using a black font against a black background.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

I don't remember what i asked about that statusbar. :(

I feel stupid when i see that you are working on something that i likely requested and don't even feel messing anymore...

Edited by xander21

It's not something you requested, but I was working on stuff and you'd told me to take my time so I figured that I'd show that I am actually still making changes to things :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xander21

It's not something you requested, but I was working on stuff and you'd told me to take my time so I figured that I'd show that I am actually still making changes to things :)

Oh ok.

So i just need to say : good work ! ;)

Guest Uncharitable

I can't wait to try out your ROM!

I'm really sure that it will be amazig =D You're working so hard on it so it can't be otherwise.=)

(sorry for my bad english =))

I'm currently working on the kernel, adding a few more patches. I may also attempt to add undervolt control, just so I can see how far I can drop the voltage before things become unstable.