[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

It is smooth, but funny enough I'm looking into making the animation when you clear notifications smoother. I'm just having a problem with it right now though as it doesn't set the pressed event how I'd like, which means that when you hold your finger down on a notification it doesn't appear how it should. If I don't get it working then that's something I'll look into improving once the ROM's released.

Update: I just checked CM 7.2 and that has the same problem. It loses the focused/pressed state when a notification is held down and moved around. I'd class it as a bug, but nobody has fixed it.

Edited by H3ROS

I've been up late working on it and have improved the issue, but it's still not perfect so I've contacted the guy who originally made the change for CyanogenMod 7.2. I'm waiting for a reply back now.

Guest xander21

Will you also add the scrolling list for the apps used history (like on the picture) ?

I remember having see the same button on it as the one used to clear status bar you are working on.

android-task-killer2.jpg

Edited by xander21

That's indeed a hard one to port because Gingerbread doesn't display previews of the windows. Instead you just get app icons, which I can theme into the same list layout, but it's kind of pointless as it doesn't really add anything.

Currenly I'm still waiting on a reply back on the notification issue, but I'm also looking into the call screen. I'm curious as to if I can make that look a little more holo themed.

Guest kamango604

There is an app on xda for ics recent apps on gb. It isnt ported because i guess its hard, its made from scratch.

So anyone can install it if wants to.

Edited by kamango604

Guest WiiSky70

So H3ROS how's your work gone so far :) ?

Did you got all the framework and themes 100% working like Jelly Bean ?

Also are you going to use the same base from Orange UK or just use the standard gerenic stock ?

It's more holo than Jelly Bean as I don't follow things exactly in some areas. As I said yesterday though, I'd like to improve the dialer while I wait for the CM guy to get back to me.

H3 Blues uses a modified version of OUK and when I was converting that into a generic build I fixed some bugs that are in the official OUK version. So that's what H3 Holo uses too, although it's now heavily modified due to all of the fixes, theming and all that good stuff. Plus theres the new kernel which has been built specifically for the new ROM.

Well I heard back from the guy who created the notification bug. He asked me to better explain the issue, although it was rather well explained the first time. What's so hard to understand about notifciations losing their pushed state since a specific pull request was added to CM? Anyway, I taken some images of the problem and record a video. I know he's read my PM's and logged in multiple times since then, but he's not replied to anything. So I've wasted a few days waiting on him and now I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't fancy having to download CM7.2, fix the bug, get it to compile and then have to use baksmali and smali to patch it into this ROM. I'm running low on space as things are.

I've had a few issues around the home this week, but tonight I'm going to take another shot at the statusbar notification bug. I think once that's done all I need to do is clean up the caller screen.

Update: Just to show I'm working on stuff, heres the caller screen I mentioned.

post-954400-0-32069900-1380053435_thumb.

As I've explained before, some stuff won't look exactly like ICS or Jelly Bean, but it'll still look great.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70
H3ROS, on 21 Sept 2013 - 7:29 PM, said:

Well I heard back from the guy who created the notification bug. He asked me to better explain the issue, although it was rather well explained the first time. What's so hard to understand about notifciations losing their pushed state since a specific pull request was added to CM? Anyway, I taken some images of the problem and record a video. I know he's read my PM's and logged in multiple times since then, but he's not replied to anything. So I've wasted a few days waiting on him and now I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't fancy having to download CM7.2, fix the bug, get it to compile and then have to use baksmali and smali to patch it into this ROM. I'm running low on space as things are.

I've had a few issues around the home this week, but tonight I'm going to take another shot at the statusbar notification bug. I think once that's done all I need to do is clean up the caller screen.

Update: Just to show I'm working on stuff, heres the caller screen I mentioned.

attachicon.gifscreenshot-1380052881893.png

As I've explained before, some stuff won't look exactly like ICS or Jelly Bean, but it'll still look great.

OMG. Really but really nice work you done there , actually im seeing that your work was vastly improved over the months , it's really gonna be the only 1 and the best rom for our beloved Skates :D

Thanks H3ROS. :)

I am using this apps : http://www.getlocket.com/

But it crashes on unlock.

Could you take few minutes to check if it comes ffrom the apps or the rom ?

When it crashes could you open aLogcat and then save the file? I could tell you from just looking at that where the crash is coming from. It's just that it's difficult for me as I'm not in the US. My guess though is that it's because the apps in BETA.

@ WiiSky70

Some of what I've worked on I've gone back and improved even more. The statusbar is the biggest example of that as I've shown many of it's different styles over the year. I know that me doing that can push the release date further back, but if this is my final ROM for the Skate then I want to deliver the best quality ROM that I can for the device.

I still haven't got the notifications how I'd like them so that's one of the things that's delaying me right now. That and I've been pushed for time, but I'm still trying to get things done.

Edited by H3ROS

It's a bug in their app.

I/MixpanelAPI( 1517): Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: /127.0.0.1:80 - Connection refused
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at a.a.d.a(Unknown Source)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at a.a.d.c(Unknown Source)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at a.a.d.connect(Unknown Source)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     at org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java)
I/MixpanelAPI( 1517):     ... 15 more
D/hima    ( 1517): httpResponse1:org.apache.http.message.BasicHttpResponse@2b45afd8
W/System.err( 1517): java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at android.os.AsyncTask.get(AsyncTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.locket.android.c.a.a(GetJSONParser.java:42)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.locket.android.databases.services.Lockscreenupdate.a(Lockscreenupdate.java:200)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.locket.android.databases.services.c.handleMessage(Lockscreenupdate.java:300)
W/System.err( 1517):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/System.err( 1517): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.locket.android.c.b.a(GetJSONParser.java:83)
W/System.err( 1517):     at com.locket.android.c.b.doInBackground(GetJSONParser.java:1)
W/System.err( 1517):     at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
W/System.err( 1517):     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Try deleting the ad_images folder found at /sdcard/saved_images/

Also this may not fix the issue, but as the app displays adverts you could also try clearing your hosts file.

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway

Download the APK and select to disable ad blocking.

To get the issue fixed you'll need to send the log to them.

Edited by H3ROS

One question.When you want to first time install this rom ,is need to install 2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2 update:   too ,or just dowload link above that?

And what launcher you suggest instead of Go Launcher?

Edited by zukenp

Guest omegavesko

One question.When you want to first time install this rom ,is need to install 2.0 or 2.1 to 2.2 update:   too ,or just dowload link above that?

And what launcher you suggest instead of Go Launcher?

Unless you're updating from an earlier version of this ROM, just use the main download link.

ADW Launcher is very good in my experience.

Guest omegavesko

Tnx omegavesko ;) . 

How we can increase memory on this rom ?I think when we want to use part of memory card for that.I tried  this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1477996  but obviously couse this not cm rom ,that doesnt work.

Do we have  another way for that ?

I use S2E, but that also only works on CM ROMs. Try Link2SD, maybe?