[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

At the moment it's proving difficult to fix as WiFi works perfectly for me, but it doesn't for someone else. And I've made some 40 kernel changes which I'm having to go through and evaluate if they would effect people.

Guest kamango604

It is perfect, works very well. Animations and transitions are smooth as it gets on gb. Since i have Gnex i can say it looks like AOSP or very close to it. Feeling is almost the same.

Thank u h3ros very much, i sincerely appreciate it. Youve given Skate a new life, and im very grateful. Thanks again!

@ omegavesko

Sent.

@ kamango604

I've mentioned while working on things that some stuff won't be exactly like ICS or JB, but that it'll follow the Holo theme of things. I've had to do that for performance reasons and so that older apps look right. Of course a badly coded app could have problems, but anything that uses the systems framework how it should should look great.

I know the ROM taken a while, but when you look at the ROM you can see that a lot of work has been done.

Just to give people some idea...

• I've built a Linaro optimized kernel that supports ROW, frandom and contains a bunch of other fixes
  • Most or if not all of the icons within apps have been changed to Holo style icons
  • The alarm clock app (a free app) has been modified to use the systems framework for alarms
  • I created an app to fix audio routing issues for Skype and Viber
  • The camera has a larger preview area, volume down to focus, volume up to snap a pic
  • The contacts/dialer has animations and working haptic feedback
  • The email app is built off of K9-Mail, but I've given it overflow menus and a few other tweaks
  • I've fixed bugs in the file manager, which were never fixed in the official release
  • The bubble style messaging app is totally custom
  • The ROM allows you to control the permissions each app has
  • Theres a good looking swipe keyboard
  • The ROM automatically handles SD-EXT partitions so theres no apps or scripts required

Theres a ton more to it, but it simply feels fast.

Great job, indeed. I can imagine how much effort had to be put into all of these features you listed, especially when you are limited by doing things at smali level. Hats off, man.

Guest xander21

Of course a badly coded app could have problems, but anything that uses the systems framework how it should should look great.

This sentence is for me ? :-p

Guest honigfisch

Sounds great :D

One question: what do you mean by "the rom can handle sd-ext by itself"

So we dont need nitroglass or int2ext or what do you mean exactly?

Greetings

Guest kamango604

Yes, you dont need a script or an app for ext partitions.

@H3ROS I couldnt replicate the problem i had last night. So it might have to do something with my PC, cable or even sd card.

@ C3C0

Haha, yes. There's been so many smali changes that I've lost count.

@ xander21

Anyone really, since old apps that build notifications incorrectly is a problem that some people might see. If the apps free and old then I could fix it, but it's important people know that the apps dev is to blame for that mess.

@ honigfisch

To expand on whats been said. Yes, it'll handle everything itself so you don't need nitroglass or anything like that.

And for them who are curious as to how you'd setup an SD-EXT partition you'd simply boot to CWM, go to the advanced options and then select partition SD card. Next you'd pick the size you want for app storage and then set the swap size to 0.

H3ROS already the weekend :-) when release?? sorry for bad english

There was minor changes made and out of all of the testers 1 person is reporting that he can't get his device to deep sleep. I can't replicate that though and none of the other testers have reported abnormal battery drain.

I might upload the ROM in a few hours since I could patch anything that needs a fix via the built in updater anyway.

@ ousZTE

I sent you the link to the latest version.

Edited by H3ROS

Testing
TEST RESULTS:(sorry for english)

*nice boot screen

*quick boot Very quick (eaven with my 32gb kingstone class 4 and 19gb of media to scan :P)

*nice interface

*Very smooth UI

*apps opens in no time

*benchmark:2449 960@smartassH3@row (with out database and sd-card test)

*good volume in-call and media
*holo-ed to the buttom

*full conictivity(wifi BT gps)

*very responsiv

*good 3d performance (playing Temple Run2 for 15min, good graphics, no lags)

*only 3% consumed battery juice (15 min gaming)

keep testing 

there is only one thing that sucks .....it's ur last rom :(

worth the wating

Edited by ousZTE

I'm glad. It's normally the media scanner that can lag things on the first boot while it maps everything out, but after that it'll be very smooth.

You'll see that the ROM is rather heavily modified from Gingerbread and that it's extremely responsive. Just about everything has had something done to it.

By the way it's best to use SmartassH3 + ROW.

ROW prioritises read over write. That's just one of the new things that adds a bit of speed, although you may not see that speed difference in benchmarks but you'll feel it within the ROM's apps.

Via ADB or terminal run:

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null

Then do the same on any other ROM and you'll find H3 Holo gets it done much quicker.

Edited by H3ROS

You might be able to include a database scan, but results will vary each time you run it. The best tip I can give there is to set it to performance mode while running the benchmark. Also keep in mind that ROW prioritises read over write, which is prefered on a mobile device as then you get faster loading apps, smoother games and stuff like databases can be read a bit quicker.

To give some idea of performance with everything included in a benchmark, on my device I can get 3000+ at the default settings (no overclock with nothing changed). I don't pay any attention to them figures too much though as they're not as accurate as what you get when running system level performance checks (like what I mentioned above for random and urandom). You just have to use the ROM for a while and then you feel the difference.