HTC One X signal reception issue

Guest mercury5

Guest mercury5

I got my unlocked htc one X one month ago. [Tegra 3]. It was working fine for around 3-4 weeks with ATT, call reception and data both working fine.

Suddenly around april last week, i had no coverage at all. Works in some parts of the city and does not in other parts. So, cleared it out with ATT: tried differnet sim, routing to different cell tower and but no use. The phone doesnt pick up reception from the cell tower. Not a carrier issue[confirmed] Other phones work fine in the same place where mine doesnt.

So, spoke to HTC, they said this phone is not intended to work in the United states, so we cant guarantee anything. Maximum they can try is factory reset and different sim cards. I tried factory reset and different roms[hoping if the radio upgrade might fix the problem] but no use.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue? ANY SOLUTIONS..

Works at the university, downtown, ATT Store, doesnt pick up service at other places, while other ATT devices work fine..

Any help is welcome

HTC One X unlocked/bootloader unlocked HTC CID_044..

Thanks

mercury5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaidonmitchell

I think you must change the service provider.Changing the SIM card in such a case may not work but

definitely changing the service provider may work.I hope this helps.

Guest DistortedLoop

There seem to be intimate issues with lots of 1 x phones. There is definitely a problem with wifi antennas as documented in a thread over on x d a, and I suspect that those of us with really bad gps have some kind of antenna issue as well. Some are speculating that the phone getting hot causes it to swell and separate the antenna leads. That maybe what's happening with your cellular antenna, but before we go down that path let's chat the simple stuff first. As someone else mentioned, can you isolate what frequencies you are and aren't connecting to? At&t uses 850 and 1900 megahertz, it would be interesting to know if your problems are only on 1 of those frequencies. Another thing to check is apn settings. It might be as simple as picking the proper ones for your phone and plan.