[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

Guest C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

For example better stability on Camera Menus , and Gallery , and another thing the Shadow Animations when long-pressing the screen for certain actions it takes 5 or 6 secounds to go totally dark and the menu spotlighted , also the loading icon is buggy .

But overall some new updates would be cool :)

Guest MrDetonator

Skatie is android 2.3.5. Cm7 is android 2.3.7. Features in skatie were introduced by me. Features in cm are made by cm team. Cm has more features but is missing Dolby. And yes it has full hw acceleration. Better to try yourself than to write about it...

Well, I installed it and I didn't like it.

First, why does it so many laggy animations?

They are nice though but some of them work slow. Live wallpaper makes the launcher lag very much.

I see lots of apps forceclose.

The Internet pages scrolling is really much smoother but it's the only advantage.

Is Full Hardware Acceleration - only web pages scroll? By the way, does it work only in internal browser or on any browser?

Design is good but errors and performance are not great.

Your ROM gives possibility to select default apps and here you can't do it so they all autolaunch and you can't remove them.

I think, you can just integrate that 2.3.7 into your ROM.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest inox_od

I've installed this ROM and it's almost perfect except one thing - MMS.

MMS receiveing/sending works ONLY when data connection is ON, but I don't need persistent data connection. How can I fix this?

Guest inox_od

Data connection is required for sending/receiving MMS

But why on other roms like Atomic or SwedishSnow it is not required? My data connection is off and when I receive mms - it automatically turns on in them.

I think there is some fix that can do the thing.

Guest C3C0

Well, at least you're not alone having this problem. There's quite a fresh issue reported in CM issue system:

http://code.google.c.../detail?id=5223

And if you look here you can see that this issue is there for over the year but nobody cares from CM team.

Strange... http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3241

Edited by C3C0

Guest inox_od

Perhaps, cm team has totally forgotten about this issue and continues to include this annoying bug in all forthcoming releases.

I haven't tested yet but I'm 99% sure that in CM9 it is still persist and it is the shame for cm team.

Guest WiiSky70

So i have the Goo Manager Beta application to Browse the compatible rom's and downloading gapps packages to keep my Google Apps (Maps , Gmail etc..) up-to-date.

And there is an "Check for ROM Updates" feature in that app which is linked to Goo.im , can you provide ROM updates and pretty much add the GooManager.apk in all your developing and compiled ROM's ?

If so, that will be awesome :D

Guest MrDetonator

Well, I removed some Google applications and unneeded animations. The performance seems to be little better.

Also, I had to change almost all that relates to design.

I removed power-on animation, and also unchecking "Surface dithering" in "Performance" significantlly improved performance.

Is Full Hardware Acceleration - only web pages scroll, also, does it work only in internal browser or on any browser?

I think the design is not good but you didn't make one so it's not your fault. It can be changed, anyway and it's my personal opinion because I see that everyone adores it.

You were right, this ROM fitted my previous partition and installed without problems.

I think your jobs with this ROM and your others are awesome, they are easy to install, much faster and easy to use then stock ROM.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest C3C0

I use Dolphin Browser HD in this one and MoKee. And scrolling is the same if not better than in stock browser.

Have you tried the MoKee ROM yet? It's basically the same as this one but with different design and some other specialties

Maybe you'll like it more regarding design.

It can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/354546-rom-mokee-os-port-cm-72-on-steroids/

Guest MrDetonator

I use Dolphin Browser HD in this one and MoKee. And scrolling is the same if not better than in stock browser.

Have you tried the MoKee ROM yet? It's basically the same as this one but with different design and some other specialties

Maybe you'll like it more regarding design.

It can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...72-on-steroids/

I use Dolphin Mini, it's also faster then stock. So it has acceleration, I see now.

I'll try that ROM, thanks, where can I find latest version of that ROM, in first post of that topic?.

Is Full Hardware Acceleration - only web pages scroll?

If so, what about CFX, is that acceleration same as here, only browser?

Just found on http://www.modaco.co...60#entry1961309

The guy says:

After yesterday's update I got the message that DSP stopped and it FC all the time. Being a smartass ( :D ) I decided that the best option would be to delete it and I did so :D but now I can't answer my phone while on headset it just FC the Phone application...

Is there a way to reinstall it, I tried installing DSP.apk but it just can't...

I had same problem from beginning of message, DSP Manager shows forceclose error. I already deleted it but I don't use headset so it might be an error also.

I use default English language so problem is not language.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest ukgnome

Is there anyway to preserve my Link2SD that I currently use with Skatie? Or is it a case of downloading all the apps again.

Also, What is the best partition size? Currently using stock partition.

Guest C3C0

You can try to. Don't forget to backup first.

Don't do factory reset.

Just wipe cache, dalvik and format system before flashing. Let link2sd recreate a mount script after first boot. If you have problems with instability or apps force closing, go for fullwipe instead.

Guest C3C0

I use Dolphin Mini, it's also faster then stock. So it has acceleration, I see now.

I'll try that ROM, thanks, where can I find latest version of that ROM, in first post of that topic?.

The guy says:

I had same problem from beginning of message, DSP Manager shows forceclose error. I already deleted it but I don't use headset so it might be an error also.

CFx or better to say Ics - android 4 feels overall smoother than any other gingerbread rom. Looks like Google done a lot of optimizations there. So browser is much smoother. On the other side keyboard sometimes lags as hell and makes it quite annoying to type.

Regarding dsp, I would need logcat to see what's going on there.

Guest Redstarr1

The guy says:

I think by "full hardware acceleration" that you are talking about the gpu rendering the image in the browser and so on? That is a feature that's only available since ICS (Android 4.0, CFX ROM for Skate). That's why it feels so much more fluent than any other Gingerbread rom.

It's a bit confusing because gpu-decoding of movies works better on Gingerbread roms, but for browsing gpu-rendering only exists after Android 4.0.

You're not really making clear which kind of gpu acceleration you're talking about, but in short, for browsing it does NOT work on any Gingerbread rom, for movies it works with hickups on ICS.

CFx or better to say Ics - android 4 feels overall smoother than any other gingerbread rom. Looks like Google done a lot of optimizations there. So browser is much smoother. On the other side keyboard sometimes lags as hell and makes it quite annoying to type.

Yeah about the keyboard, that lags like hell with me too, but only when typing in the browser, not really something I do a lot. It helps me stay off modaco with my phone, otherwise I would spend way too much time here :D.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest MrDetonator

I think by "full hardware acceleration" that you are talking about the gpu rendering the image in the browser and so on? That is a feature that's only available since ICS (Android 4.0, CFX ROM for Skate). That's why it feels so much more fluent than any other Gingerbread rom.

It's a bit confusing because gpu-decoding of movies works better on Gingerbread roms, but for browsing gpu-rendering only exists after Android 4.0.

You're not really making clear which kind of gpu acceleration you're talking about, but in short, for browsing it does NOT work on any Gingerbread rom, for movies it works with hickups on ICS.

Yeah about the keyboard, that lags like hell with me too, but only when typing in the browser, not really something I do a lot. It helps me stay off modaco with my phone, otherwise I would spend way too much time here :D.

Ceco mentioned some "Full HW Acceleration" so I'm asking what it means. Now I see from your message.

Guest MrDetonator

Will MokeeOS fit on my current partition like I installed this one? Is there a need to install Google apps separately, there's the link to them then or maybe it's needed to download it from this topic?

I can try to make Logcat if I install this ROM. How to create it?

Does anyone know how to save contact to SIM in this ROM?

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest WiiSky70

Release Candidate 4 of Cyanogenmod 7.2 source is actually available in some devices , can you compile to the Skate C3C0?

Guest C3C0

Maybe tomorrow. Although probably it won't make a noticeable difference ... Nothing special new when I looked into cm code review system.

Edited by C3C0

Guest C3C0

Will MokeeOS fit on my current partition like I installed this one? Is there a need to install Google apps separately, there's the link to them then or maybe it's needed to download it from this topic?

I can try to make Logcat if I install this ROM. How to create it?

Does anyone know how to save contact to SIM in this ROM?

It'll fit. Gapps are already included so no need to flash separately.

Guest banemitre66

I used coldfusionx ics rom for about month and its ok but mokee os,mokee os is just wow,wow,everything working,great responce,only two problems for me so far:"huge battery drain and camera videos not recognised in pc", but everything else is great.Thanx wery much for this rom and continue the great work.

Guest droidbittin

This will be the next milestone. I have goo account just since yesterday...

awesome that you got goo account now, so i easy can download this on my phone along with new CFX releases :)