XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest guitaristgba247

Thanks for the one x advice.

I've installed aokp build and now have wallet working :)

Off to spend my $10 tomorrow

No probs :) just wana get everyone elses working now...

Guest guitaristgba247

I just can NOT get it to work! WHY!?

Old one stuck at "Activating Account" new one stuck at "Adding Account"

same thing on TWO phones (AT&T SGS2 and AT&T GNote)

I've tried sending the NFC Secure Element clear command and setting my device to htc_jewel, but still nothing!

Are you connected to wifi or 3g? with good decent connection?

Guest skeeter1

Hmmm. Added my pre-paid card OK...seems to be stuck "adding card" adding my MasterCard...

...and I spoke too soon. Now to test it...

Thanks!

Edited by skeeter1

Guest guitaristgba247

Hmmm. Added my pre-paid card OK...seems to be stuck "adding card" adding my MasterCard...

...and I spoke too soon. Now to test it...

Thanks!

Just remember to hold against the reader instead of just swiping it :)

Guest skeeter1

Just remember to hold against the reader instead of just swiping it :)

Word. I usually swipe it slowly with success.....depends on how hungry I am. :-)

Guest master_beta

Do you have to bring the phone away from the scanner when typing in your PIN? It's been working fine so far (I'm in US) and today was the first time trying this patched release. I held it against the reader while entering my PIN and there was an error that said "try rebooting the device. if the problem persists.... etc." I wasn't going to stand there and make everyone wait while the phone rebooted (lol) so I just paid with cash.

So my question is: could it have to do with holding it against the reader the entire time, even while entering PIN?

Guest Chad Cluver

Was there ever a way figured out to get this working on an AT&T OneX? When I open the app it seems fine, but then when I select my google account and select continue it hangs on Adding Account and then after a long time the Wallet app closes and I get a message stating that wallet has stopped working....

Guest master_beta

I enter the pin BEFORE tapping it on the terminal (while in queue) and it works.

Thanks, will try that. I don't know why I didn't think of that before, lol.

Edit: Could it have been kernel related? Like I said earlier, it's worked before, but yesterday I flashed GladOS kernel and today I had problems. I just went back to Trinity and will see what happens.

Edited by master_beta

Guest taharin

Has anyone gotten GW to work on a T-Mobile Galaxy S2? (US Variant).

So far I've tested this on AOKP ICS, and CM 9 and 10. It's installed correctly, but I'm running into the hanging at account activation or adding account.

I've changed the build prop and done the Master notification clear with the ADB. Running log cat, I do see that SMX is detected....

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks for all the work done so far, truly awesome.

Guest alu0506

I live in Canada and I have paied for things at Staples, McDonalds and Save on foods and it has all worked perfectly! Thank You! :D

Edited by alu0506

Guest bobsie

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but, I have no NFC toggle in my settings. Am I overlooking something obvious as when I try to set up my wallet account I get taken to settings to turn something on which is not there! :(

Edit: Nexus 7 UK

Edited by bobsie

Guest timlardner

This would be perfect if I could use my UK Visa card to pay for things.

I've got it displaying in my wallet but I just made up a US address when I was prompted. I'm guessing that when the card is used, it's checked against that address. I read that if you're promped for a zip code, you can type in the numbers from a UK post code and fill the rest of the space with 0s. Not tried it yet though...

Could every who has it working/can't get it to add account, please check your logcat and turn NFC off then back on. Does it say NFC-EE OFF or NFC-EE ON?

Both my phones (SGH-I717 and SGH-I777) say NFC-EE OFF and I can not get my account added.

Guest Nikolas Skoufis

Hey Paul

Just downloaded the latest version of your app, but I can't get it to install.

Every time I try and install it via ADB I get the error "Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]"

From some basic googling it seems like this is related to signing of the apk?

Guest DistortedLoop

Well, this is equally disappointing and frustrating.

I had both of Paul's prior hacked Wallets working on my Tegra-3 HTC One X without too much hassle; I even managed to get it to register my Citi credit card.

The new version, with the ability to use my Amex card was just too tempting to not try to upgrade.

Wipe it, delete it, put the new apk in /system/app, change permissions, reboot. Open app...so good, so far. Get started, select google account I want to use and damn(!) sticks at "adding your account" no matter how many times I try.

Got clever and installed data backup from old working version. App opened, looked good, until I tried to select my Amex card that now showed up in the app. I then got a message that there was a problem (nothing about secure element) and that I should reset the app and reload it. I reset the app fromw within Wallet again, and it wiped all the cards, but no joy.

So now I am back in the sticks at "adding your account" issue.

Desperate just to get Wallet working on the HOX again, I deleted apk, restored backup (app only!) of the last working configuration. Tried to activate my account, and now it sticks at "activating your account". Multiple attemps, on WiFi, on mobile data. No good.

So, even though Wallet worked no issues before, I'm now locked out.

I was afraid I screwed up my secure element, but as mentioned above there was no warning about that, and I looked at log cat and all the NFC related messages give success results and 3 secure elements found.

@GoogleWallet, I really want this to work for you, but it's just too damned finicky and restricted.

Moral of the story...if you have a working installation, you're really risking losing it completely trying to upgrade to the newer version. :(

I was afraid I screwed up my secure element, but as mentioned above there was no warning about that, and I looked at log cat and all the NFC related messages give success results and 3 secure elements found.

When turning on NFC does it say NFC-EE OFF or NFC-EE ON?

Guest ogdobber

Well, this is equally disappointing and frustrating.

I had both of Paul's prior hacked Wallets working on my Tegra-3 HTC One X without too much hassle; I even managed to get it to register my Citi credit card.

The new version, with the ability to use my Amex card was just too tempting to not try to upgrade.

Wipe it, delete it, put the new apk in /system/app, change permissions, reboot. Open app...so good, so far. Get started, select google account I want to use and damn(!) sticks at "adding your account" no matter how many times I try.

Got clever and installed data backup from old working version. App opened, looked good, until I tried to select my Amex card that now showed up in the app. I then got a message that there was a problem (nothing about secure element) and that I should reset the app and reload it. I reset the app fromw within Wallet again, and it wiped all the cards, but no joy.

So now I am back in the sticks at "adding your account" issue.

Desperate just to get Wallet working on the HOX again, I deleted apk, restored backup (app only!) of the last working configuration. Tried to activate my account, and now it sticks at "activating your account". Multiple attemps, on WiFi, on mobile data. No good.

So, even though Wallet worked no issues before, I'm now locked out.

@GoogleWallet, I really want this to work for you, but it's just too damned finicky and restricted.

Moral of the story...if you have a working installation, you're really risking losing it completely trying to upgrade to the newer version. :(

edit your build.prop to

ro.product.model=htc_jewel

ro.product.name=htc_jewel

ro.product.device=htc_jewel

Guest ogdobber

When turning on NFC does it say NFC-EE OFF or NFC-EE ON?

this is from a galaxy nexus, everything nfc works

turning on nfc

D/NFCJNI  (  556): phLibNfc_SE_SetMode() returned 0x000d[NFCSTATUS_PENDING]

I/NFCJNI  (  556): NFC Initialized

D/NdefPushServer(  556): start, thread = null

D/NdefPushServer(  556): starting new server thread

D/NdefPushServer(  556): about create LLCP service socket

D/NdefPushServer(  556): created LLCP service socket

D/NdefPushServer(  556): about to accept

D/NfcService(  556): NFC-EE OFF

D/NfcService(  556): NFC-C ON
turning off nfc

I/NfcService(  556): Disabling NFC

D/NdefPushServer(  556): stop, thread = Thread[Thread-54,5,main]

D/NdefPushServer(  556): shuting down server thread

D/NfcService(  556): NFC-EE OFF

D/NfcService(  556): NFC-C ON

D/NfcDispatcher(  556): Set Foreground Dispatch

D/NFCJNI  (  556): Terminating client thread...

D/NFCJNI  (  556): phLibNfc_Mgt_UnConfigureDriver() returned 0x0000[NFCSTATUS_SUCCESS]

Edited by ogdobber