XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Robert Davidson

The latest version has been patched on the XDA forums: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1810282

Has anyone tried it?

Edit:

Ok so I tried it out.. Wallet let me login but then said my default address was outside of the US..

So I changed my default address to my uncles (who lives in S.F.) and bang! I'm In with all my cards appearing..

My Google PrePaid card is missing though, and with it the option to add it again..

I have installed the latest wallet 1.5-R79-v5 and changed the build prop but now im getting the Google Wallet is not currently available in your country, is this the correct wallet apk?

Thanks in Advance

Edit - Got it sorted, wallet now up and running with Virtual Card added, as the prepaid card is no longer available what happens to the balance that was on it.

Edited by Robert Davidson

I have installed the latest wallet 1.5-R79-v5 and changed the build prop but now im getting the Google Wallet is not currently available in your country, is this the correct wallet apk?

Thanks in Advance

Edit - Got it sorted, wallet now up and running with Virtual Card added, as the prepaid card is no longer available what happens to the balance that was on it.

What virtual card are you using?

People are mentioning that they're adding prepaid cards into Google Wallet. Could someone who has successfully added a prepaid card tell us which company they got it from? It seems like this is now the only option for those outside the US.

Guest adam1000rr

I've tried it on my HOX CM10, but no luck. Cannot get Wallet to appear in app drawer, also I don't see Wallet in Titanium. Strange...

Did you just install the apk? You need to copy it to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--

Guest adam1000rr

What virtual card are you using?

People are mentioning that they're adding prepaid cards into Google Wallet. Could someone who has successfully added a prepaid card tell us which company they got it from? It seems like this is now the only option for those outside the US.

I think he means the standard virtual card is setup. Google assigns a virtual Mastercard to your account which is charged by the paypass terminals, Google then charges the card you selected as you default payment card.

Guest Robert Davidson

I think he means the standard virtual card is setup. Google assigns a virtual Mastercard to your account which is charged by the paypass terminals, Google then charges the card you selected as you default payment card.

Not for the me, the Card that had all my balance was the Google Card that gave you your $10 credit when you first signed up, this has now disappeared from the wallet, the Virtual card I have now setup is one which I used from the very first post by Paul called BFPS, I have set this as my default card and the wallet is now running. The only thing I have to do now is head to McDonald's to make sure it works, Still not happy that my balance that was on the Google card seems to have gone.

Did you just install the apk? You need to copy it to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--

i've been using Paul's Wallet version without a problem. Now I cannot get it to work @ all. I copy apk to /system/app & /data/app and still cannot see Wallet in app drawer.

Guest Robert Davidson

Paul, is the google prepaid card still part of your patched apk, I have installed another version but the google prepaid card is not in the wallet. I had some money still on the google card :-(

Download isn't working, just redirects 5 times to some ad network bullshit.. Did ROMraid get hacked?

Can someone who managed to download it before please provide a direct link? I'll compare the MD5s after to make sure it's the right one.

Edit: NM. Disabled AdMuncher and got it to load... pretty poor design to get shunted out to some other ad sites..

Edited by osm0sis

Guest Captain Throwback

Thanks for the update, Paul.

Any idea what's different in this version that prevents the "Unsupported Device" from going away on my CM10? that message didn't appear on any of the previous patched versions.

I have an EVO 4G LTE, and the device ID appears to be correct in the app. I wonder where it's looking to determine that my device is unsupported?

Finally I was able to defrost Wallet using Titanium. I am on HOX International CM10 official nightly. What I did, applied aokp permissions and voila, Wallet showed up. Thanks!

Guest DaveTudou

Hey guys I upgraded and there's no problem with the prepaid card.

Did you remove the current Wallet version first? I DIDN'T as Google's email said this

September 17, 2012: You will no longer be able to add funds to your Google Prepaid Card or add a new Google Prepaid Card to a new device. Please be aware that resetting the Google Wallet app after this date will remove the Google Prepaid Card and you will not be able to re-add the card. Find out more athttp://www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund/faq.html

If you did reset your wallet first then you would lose your prepaid card (Might be worth noting next to the download, Paul (is it already?))

If in any doubt here's what I did, download apk, delete original form /system/app/ , copy new one, set permissions. restart

I followed the installation instructions correctly and I changed the permissions. Google Wallet appears in my app drawer but when I try to link my account it hangs at "Adding your account..." I have tried changing build.prop and everything to no avail. I am running stock Android 4.0.4 TouchWiz (rooted) on a US Cellular Galaxy S3. Baseband is R530UVXLG4.

Edited by Doonce

Not for the me, the Card that had all my balance was the Google Card that gave you your $10 credit when you first signed up, this has now disappeared from the wallet, the Virtual card I have now setup is one which I used from the very first post by Paul called BFPS, I have set this as my default card and the wallet is now running. The only thing I have to do now is head to McDonald's to make sure it works, Still not happy that my balance that was on the Google card seems to have gone.

Have you used it to buy something yet? Does it work?

I've tried to install the apk by downloading it, moving it into /system/app/ then changing the perm. to rw-,r--,r-- but then I restart and I can not find the app installed on the devide.

But when I check my Googe Play account it says Wallet is Installed.

Pointers?

Guest Naesstrom

I really hope this is the answer to my dreams :D

I read today that Google will be having a sale again, this time with books etc. Well, since I'm living in sweden I can't access those goodies in the play store but I can use a proxy to get them... the problem is getting some cash into the wallet :D

Well since I just bought a Nexus 7 I should be getting the $10 once I get wallet into the device!

It's unrooted but I should just be able to copy the patched file into system/apps folder but it doesn't work! I can't copy it to that folder for some reason!

I've tried Astro Filemanager, ES_filexplorer and even lifting it in with Airdroid but none work!

Any hints?