XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Naesstrom

You can't copy a file into system/app if you're not rooted!

Why would you need credit on Google Wallet to purchase from the Play store anyway?!

Oh I can buy apps just fine with my swedish credit card, but to buy books, movies etc. I need to have a US-card apparently since it's not yet released world wide!

Guest Naesstrom

For Movies ok, but books is released worldwide ;-)

Anyway you should be able to buy with any credit card from the US play store, I just did with an Italian one.

6lZof.png

My Translation: Google Play Books is currently not available in your Country. We are working on releasing your favorite content in more countries as soon as possible.

:(

but since you could add your credit card from italy I'll give it a go using a vpn to connect :D

Guest mharmon

Can anyone help me out? I have a Galaxy Nexus running AOKP build 3. I've installed Wallet per the instructions here, but when I go to add a card, I keep getting 'Card Failed'. This is with multiple types of cards. I have reset wallet a few times. It has worked in the past, however, since the update from Google/Verizon, I have not been able to get one of the patched wallets to work. Any help?

Guest Captain Throwback

There's a new version of Wallet. Any chance for a patch?

New version is 1.5-R81-v4.

Thanks, Paul!

Edited by Captain Throwback

Guest votdfak

@mharmon You sorted out?

Yep, there is a new version of Wallet. I bet they'll tighten security much more. I was not able to add cc with 1.5.-r79-v5.

Guest mharmon

@mharmon You sorted out?

Yep, there is a new version of Wallet. I bet they'll tighten security much more. I was not able to add cc with 1.5.-r79-v5.

@votdfak...nope, gave up.

Posted on Wallet's Google+ page, here is their response:

photo.jpg

Google WalletYesterday 12:57 PM

+Matthew Harmon We're sorry to hear you're unable to use Google Wallet on your phone. Verizon has chosen not to support Google Wallet at this time. We are in active conversations with all carriers and hope to make Google Wallet available on more devices, across more carriers soon.

Here is the full thread: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleWallet/posts/AojFuhiEQDx

Too bad, it is such a great technology that can't be used.

Guest Formeriphoney

VZW SGS 3 running beans 14 rom I'm running into this issue <br /><br />Screenshot_2012-10-11-21-47-32.png<br /><br />Suggestions

Edited by Formeriphoney

Guest adam1000rr

You should check the threads over at XDA, looks like you flashed a new ROM without resetting Wallet from within the App and have bricked your secure elements..

Guest Formeriphoney

Nope. Doesn't look like that at all.

There is an updated version 10-10 floating around that works wonders.

Used NFC last night at 7-11.

Thanks for the suggestion

Guest ogdobber

Updated to 1.5-R81-v4! :)

Remember, if you want to support my work, help provide the server environment for MoDaCo and our tools to run on and get cool access to all the other MoDaCo stuff now and going forward, please consider signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus subscription. Thanks for your support. :)

P

thanks paul.

btw people, modaco ad free is the best money one can spend

Edited by ogdobber

Guest SirSpectre

I Have downloaded the app a few times now. I have a US VZW Galaxy Nexus, Rooted running Cyanogen. I had R67 installed and now it is completely blocked. I can't reset settings or do anything. I downloaded the newest update, moved to system/app and tried to install. It said Application not installed.

I uninstalled and cleared cache and system files for the old version and tried again. Same result. Permissions are -rw -rw -rw for the apk.

What needs to be done to get it to install?

Guest votdfak

Thanks Paul! I'll check it out right now.

Update: Doesn't even show up on HOX CM10 nightly, 4.1.2, gapps 11102012.

Edited by votdfak

Guest p_romanik

Hi all, I have Xperia S with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1827128.

I tried to copy .apk to system\app, changed permissions, rebooted, also tried installing by CWM (I found .zip somewhere on XDA forum). Wallet doesn't shows in drawer.

What must I do?

Thanks in advance,

p_romanik

PS. Sorry for my bad English, but I'm from Poland :)

Guest rwxrwxrwx

The app works perfectly for me but I'm wondering if it's actually possible to complete a purchase at the moment? I don't have the prepaid card anymore and I seem to remember that normal debit and credit cards don't work here in the UK. Has this changed recently so purchases can be made through Google Wallet or is the app redundant in the UK?

Also, does anyone have any further information about what Google planning for Wallet with this https://wallet.google.com/s/?page=waitlist?