XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Adaimespechip

As per twitter (dnlkbox) - Titanium backup seemed to freeze the app by default once pushed. Defrost and ensure permissions are correct and reboot.

So this is really puzzling. I tried installing as per the instructions but would not appear. I later updated my phone and forgot to install gapps again and Wallet appeared! I then noticed I hadn't installed gapps and flashed. Now since doing that it's disappeared again.

I'm on a Nexus 4 running AOKP.

Guest edude03

I tried this on a rooted Nexus 4 running stock 4.2.1 this morning and it worked, but I switched to CM10.1 nightlies and now I'm getting the unsupported device message and it's failing to setup my device. Anyone else having this problem?

Didn't work on the M&S quick tills for me, using Nexus 4 Stock rom and rooted, using Amazon mastercard it came up with the error message "multiple cards present".

Edited by oobatz

Guest degiovab

Thanks a lot Paul. Working beautifully (but transactions are still declined since I'm outside US).

Since the Google prepaid account has long been discontinued, what about updating your OP?

You could probably get rid of the "Topping Up" section all together and also your Warning paragraph #2.

Guest AndyBurns

Has anyone got it to work on the Nexus 7? Also my about in my nexus 7 says "Secure element: not present" is it ballsed up?

My Nexus7 has CM10.1 M1, I copied the latest patched wallet apk to /system/app

It runs OK, created a wallet for me, sees the two UK cards I already had registered with Google (one Mastercard credit, the other Visa debit) lets me choose them as funding sources and set one as the default.

I tried to use it in M&S on their contactless tills, it read the Nexus on the RFID reader OK, but then declined the virtual Mastercard that the wallet app had presented to them (the final four digits of the card printed on the rejection slip don't correspond to either of my physical cards)

Is this M&S rejecting the virtual card since it's US based, or google rejecting my physical card since it's UK based?

"Secure element not present" sounds like something up with your device (hardware or firmware wise)

Edited by AndyBurns

Guest ChazW123

Installed this on my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE by copying into system/app and setting permissions then rebooted. Loads up fine and shows 'Setting up Wallet, this may take up to 5 minutes'.

After around 10 seconds it then comes up with: 'Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.'

I have tried on Wifi and 3G to no avail, have rebooted and obviously have NFC enabled throughout?

I've used a patched version of Wallet before fine but on my old Nexus 7, without issue ?

My phone's runing the latest stock EE firmware (I9305XXBLL5) but is rooted.

Any help would be appreciated please?

Guest tithefug

Installed this on my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE by copying into system/app and setting permissions then rebooted. Loads up fine and shows 'Setting up Wallet, this may take up to 5 minutes'.

After around 10 seconds it then comes up with: 'Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.'

I have tried on Wifi and 3G to no avail, have rebooted and obviously have NFC enabled throughout?

I've used a patched version of Wallet before fine but on my old Nexus 7, without issue ?

I am having the same problem on my Verizon Galaxy Note II. I assumed it had something to do with running CM10.1 where the NFC is listed as "flaky".

The other thing I'm thinking is that I did not reset Google Wallet when before I upgraded the device. I could restore the backup, reset Google Wallet, restore the 10.1 backup, then attempt to initialize it under CM10.1. But, that might still end up all for not.

Guest RayYung

I got the same problem with my One X also....

Guest zippyioa

I was having the exact same problem with my stock rooted S3

Eventually I found a site suggesting to edit the build.prop

Copy it and save a backup somewhere first just in case, then using a text editor open and edit the following 3 lines so they read:

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.name=yakju

ro.product.device=maguro

After editing, save and reboot your phone and it should work as long as you copied the Wallet apk to the right place and added all the relevant permissions

I was having the exact same problem with my stock rooted S3

Eventually I found a site suggesting to edit the build.prop

Copy it and save a backup somewhere first just in case, then using a text editor open and edit the following 3 lines so they read:

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.name=yakju

ro.product.device=maguro

After editing, save and reboot your phone and it should work as long as you copied the Wallet apk to the right place and added all the relevant permissions

has it worked for you in store?

Guest zippyioa

has it worked for you in store?

I've not tried it yet, but prior to editing I was getting the "device not ready" message

As soon as I rebooted wallet loaded without errors.

It also had the Mastercard I previously added to the play store (this is the first time I've ever been able to add a uk card!)

Thanks Paul for doing this tweaked version of Wallet :)

I installed and registered wallet with no problems and attached it to my card registered with Wallet for the Play Store.

However I went to McD's this morning to give it a go and the transaction was declined. Not in the end of the world as i paid with my card but i'm not sure why it declined.

Perhaps the virtual mastercard isn't activated for using abroad (other than the states).

Has anyone had a successful transaction?

Excellent! (Monty Burns style)

I now have the app installed and working.

Downloaded the app from the first page http://www.modaco.com/topic/354635-region-device-root-patched-google-wallet-apk-16-r96-v13/

Removed the previous version with Solid Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer&feature=nav_result

Checked the root permissions are rw-r--r-- with Root Explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&feature=search_result

Rebooted

Unfroze the app with Titanium Backup https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=nav_result

Rebooted

Ran the app.

It took a couple of attempts to get my account authorised within the app but it's up and running. There's no sign of the $10 from Google that people have talked about but that's unimportant. What matters is that the app is working.

Huge thanks to Paul for his hard work.

Guest dmcconachie

Added fine on my Nexus 4 in the UK, cards added ok too. First attempt to use it though and the transaction was rejected, looked like some confusion as the card is correctly recognised as a VISA but the transaction failed with a comment about an unrelated Mastercard?!

Guest AndyBurns

Added fine on my Nexus 4 in the UK, cards added ok too. First attempt to use it though and the transaction was rejected, looked like some confusion as the card is correctly recognised as a VISA but the transaction failed with a comment about an unrelated Mastercard?!

I think the mastercard *is* the virtual credit card google add to your wallet, I think the way it works is they always charge purchases to this virtual card, then immediately pay off the virtual balance from your chosen funding card ...