XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

So I think it's safe to say while adding a card works in store purchases fail.

Letting us add a card is definitely a step in the right direction and gives us hope that we might soon be able to enjoy contactless payments at M&S, Greggs and McDonalds! :P

Guest pavelond

Sorry for little stupid text but

can anyone tell me exactly step by step what to do, to let wallet working for me in czech republic?

what to download what to copy where etc etc. I have rooted device, just few hours.

My device is galaxy nexus running 4.2.1

P

Sorry for little stupid text but

can anyone tell me exactly step by step what to do, to let wallet working for me in czech republic?

what to download what to copy where etc etc. I have rooted device, just few hours.

My device is galaxy nexus running 4.2.1

P

Do you have a US mastercard or a german/uk card?

Guest tominek81

Do you have a US mastercard or a german/uk card?

Google wallet is unusable in the Czech Republic till Google canceled their prepaid card. Transactions are always denied in Czech shops with NFC terminals. I have US credit card imported to Google wallet but still no luck to make payment with my Nexus S CM10.1 phone :/

Hi all...

i installed the patched apk on my Nexus S, it went fine.

It also let me add my italian pre-paid card... but on the top is shows an "unsupported device" warning, that forwards me to a short note by google saying "we can't support devices with custom operating systems"

tonight, or tomorrow, i'll stop at mcdonalds (the only business in italy that has NFC support) and try to pay, and let you know what happens

if someone knows already, please let me know :)

Guest mydedis

Hi all...

i installed the patched apk on my Nexus S, it went fine.

It also let me add my italian pre-paid card... but on the top is shows an "unsupported device" warning, that forwards me to a short note by google saying "we can't support devices with custom operating systems"

tonight, or tomorrow, i'll stop at mcdonalds (the only business in italy that has NFC support) and try to pay, and let you know what happens

if someone knows already, please let me know :)

Esselunga shops support NFC as well, at least in Milan.

I successfully paid both at Esselunga and McD, back in May 2012 with the Google Prepaid card.

I haven't tried with the new version, linked with my credit card: please let me know if it works.

Guest TheBishopOfSoho

So, Ive tried using the new version with a BFPS card in a number of outlets, and it keeps getting declined. In Greggs, MacDonalds and Cafe Nero. Same issues every time. Annoyed.

So, Ive tried using the new version with a BFPS card in a number of outlets, and it keeps getting declined. In Greggs, MacDonalds and Cafe Nero. Same issues every time. Annoyed.

Did this only start happening with the latest version? Were you able to purchase items from the listed places above before you updated?

Have you tried paying for an Oyster journey again?

Guest MrSurriban

I'm not able to install the .apk file. I've tried it on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus on stock 4.1.1 and CM 10.0 stable release.

It simply says "app not installed" on the screen, but when I try to install it through ADB it says the following:

pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]

I actually tried to sign the apk with a debug key I made, and I still got the same thing.

Is there any way fix that particular problem?

Guest Morris Lee

When I run Wallet, it just tries to set it up and eventually force close. below is the logcat, please advise what I need to do!

+7ms, total 39ms

D/dalvikvm(13097): GC_CONCURRENT freed 458K, 19% free 2815K/3456K, paused 1ms+2m

s, total 21ms

E/BrcmNfcJni( 3234): SecureElement::transceive: wait response timeout

I/NfcExecutionEnvironment(13554): NFCEE.close --: stack=[SecureElement, SecureEl

ement, CardManagerApplet] openTid=195 nfceeOpened=true holdCount=3

I/NfcExecutionEnvironment(13554): NFCEE.close --: stack=[SecureElement, SecureEl

ement] openTid=195 nfceeOpened=true holdCount=2

E/BrcmNfcNfa( 3234): nfa_nv_co_write: fail to open, error = 2

E/	    ( 3234): nfc_hal_nv_co_write: fail to open, error = 2

D/NfcService( 3234): NFC-EE OFF

E/BrcmNfcJni( 3234): nfcManager_doDeselectSecureElement: already deselected

D/NfcService( 3234): NFC-C ON

E/BrcmNfcJni( 3234): nfcManager_enableDiscovery: already polling

I/NfcExecutionEnvironment(13554): NFCEE.close closed: stack=[SecureElement] open

Tid=195 nfceeOpened=true tryLock=0ms session=30246ms

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): INITIALIZE_TSA: elapsed=30253ms failed: com

.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.SecureElementAppletStatusException: Card

ManagerApplet: SELECT [default CardManager]: 0-byte response: statusWord=0x0 (0x

0)

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): INITIALIZE_TSA: waited: failed: com.google.

android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.SecureElementAppletStatusException: CardManagerA

pplet: SELECT [default CardManager]: 0-byte response: statusWord=0x0 (0x0)

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT: aborting; failed

Dependencies=[INITIALIZE_TSA]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT: waited: failed:

com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException:

[INITIALIZE_TSA]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID: aborting; failedDe

pendencies=[INITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT]

E/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID: waited: failed: co

m.google.android.apps.wallet.init.InitializerTaskDependenciesFailedException: [I

NITIALIZE_SECURE_ELEMENT]

I/InitializerTaskManagerImpl(13554): removed: [INITIALIZE_TSA, INITIALIZE_SECURE

_ELEMENT, CHECK_SECURE_ELEMENT_ID]

W/dalvikvm(13554): threadid=14: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x

40dba930)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554): FATAL EXCEPTION: Wallet Parallel Executor #2

E/AndroidRuntime(13554): java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.Execut

ionException: com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.SecureElementAppletStat

usException: CardManagerApplet: SELECT [default CardManager]: 0-byte response: s

tatusWord=0x0 (0x0)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(T

hrowables.java:156)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.init.Initializ

erTaskManagerImpl$2.apply(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:584)

erTaskManagerImpl$2.apply(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:556)

erTaskManagerImpl.getFatalFailures(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:380)

erTaskManagerImpl.getFatalFailures(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:371)

erTaskManagerImpl.getFirstFatalFailure(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:395)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.init.Initia

lizerPresenter$1.execute(InitializerPresenter.java:120)

lizerPresenter$1.execute(InitializerPresenter.java:98)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.util.async.Act

ionRequests$RequestImpl$1.run(ActionRequests.java:189)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWo

rker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1080)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worke

r.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:573)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554): Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com

.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.SecureElementAppletStatusException: Card

ManagerApplet: SELECT [default CardManager]: 0-byte response: statusWord=0x0 (0x

0)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Future

Task.java:94)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTas

k.java:160)

erTaskManagerImpl.waitOnce(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:312)

erTaskManagerImpl.doWaitAllTasksOnce(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:268)

erTaskManagerImpl.waitAllTasksOnce(InitializerTaskManagerImpl.java:247)

lizerPresenter$1.execute(InitializerPresenter.java:116)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    ... 5 more

E/AndroidRuntime(13554): Caused by: com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.S

ecureElementAppletStatusException: CardManagerApplet: SELECT [default CardManage

r]: 0-byte response: statusWord=0x0 (0x0)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.Is

o7816.getStatusWord(Iso7816.java:225)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.iso7816.Is

o7816.assertStatusWord(Iso7816.java:162)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.applet.Abs

tractApplet.assertStatusWord(AbstractApplet.java:322)

tractApplet.select(AbstractApplet.java:167)

tractApplet.transceive(AbstractApplet.java:231)

tractApplet.transceiveSuccess(AbstractApplet.java:276)

tractApplet.getData(AbstractApplet.java:217)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.applet.car

dmanager.CardManagerApplet.getCardManagerData(CardManagerApplet.java:93)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.embeddedse.applet.car

dmanager.CardManagerApplet.getCplc(CardManagerApplet.java:48)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.secureelement.

SecureElement.doGetCplc(SecureElement.java:357)

SecureElement.getSecureElementApi(SecureElement.java:310)

SecureElement.getCachedSecureElementApi(SecureElement.java:299)

SecureElement.getIsdCin(SecureElement.java:270)

SecureElementManagerImpl.getIsdCin(SecureElementManagerImpl.java:235)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.tsa.Initialize

TsaTask.isKeyConfigurationCorrect(InitializeTsaTask.java:164)

E/AndroidRuntime(13554):	    at com.google.android.apps.wallet.tsa.Initialize

TsaTask.e

D/dalvikvm(13554): GC_CONCURRENT freed 298K, 13% free 3289K/3768K, paused 4ms+4m

s, total 49ms

W/ActivityManager( 2119): Process com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel has crash

ed too many times: killing!

W/ActivityManager( 2119):   Force finishing activity com.google.android.apps.wal

letnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.init.InitializerActivity

I/ActivityManager( 2119): Killing proc 13554:com.google.android.apps.walletnfcre

l/u0a10118: crash

W/InputDispatcher( 2119): channel '41602b30 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.init.InitializerActivity (server)' ~ Consumer

closed input channel or an error occurred.  events=0x9

E/InputDispatcher( 2119): channel '41602b30 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.init.InitializerActivity (server)' ~ Channel

is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

W/InputDispatcher( 2119): Attempted to unregister already unregistered input cha

nnel '41602b30 com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wall

et.ui.init.InitializerActivity (server)'

I/WindowState( 2119): WIN DEATH: Window{41602b30 u0 com.google.android.apps.wall

etnfcrel/com.google.android.apps.wallet.ui.init.InitializerActivity}

D/android.widget.GridLayout( 3254): horizontal constraints: x1-x0>=350, x2-x1>=3

90, x2-x0<=736 are inconsistent; permanently removing: x2-x0<=736.

D/android.widget.GridLayout( 3254): horizontal constraints: x1-x0>=350, x2-x1>=3

D/dalvikvm( 3254): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2358K, 44% free 15211K/27124K, paused 2ms

+11ms, total 54ms

D/dalvikvm( 3254): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 49ms

W/InputMethodManagerService( 2119): Got RemoteException sending setActive(false)

notification to pid 13554 uid 10118

I/dalvikvm( 3254): Jit: resizing JitTable from 4096 to 8192

D/Trebuchet.LauncherModel( 3254): DbDebug    Modify item (Gmail) in db, id: 31 (

29, 0, 0, 0) --> (29, 0, 0, 0)

D/Trebuchet.LauncherModel( 3254): DbDebug    Modify item (Facebook) in db, id: 3

2 (29, 0, 1, 0) --> (29, 0, 1, 0)

D/Trebuchet.LauncherModel( 3254): DbDebug    Modify item (Messaging) in db, id:

11 (29, 0, 2, 0) --> (29, 0, 2, 0)

D/Trebuchet.LauncherModel( 3254): DbDebug    Modify item (Talk) in db, id: 30 (2

9, 0, 0, 1) --> (29, 0, 0, 1)

D/Trebuchet.LauncherModel( 3254): DbDebug    Modify item (Google+) in db, id: 33

(29, 0, 1, 1) --> (29, 0, 1, 1)

D/dalvikvm( 3254): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 2552K, 43% free 15711K/27124K, paused 23ms

, total 23ms

D/dalvikvm( 3254): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 1732K, 35% free 17852K/27124K, paused 31ms

, total 32ms

I/dalvikvm-heap( 3254): Grow heap (frag case) to 23.378MB for 6054736-byte alloc

ation

D/dalvikvm( 3254): GC_CONCURRENT freed 241K, 29% free 23523K/33040K, paused 3ms+

4ms, total 28ms

D/dalvikvm( 3254): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 22ms

D/dalvikvm( 3254): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 23ms

I/ActivityManager( 2119): Start proc com.android.browser for service com.android

.browser/.widget.BookmarkThumbnailWidgetService: pid=14187 uid=10003 gids={50003

, 3003, 1015, 1028

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thehunt33r

No way to have it working on both my Nexus 4 and 7. Made it work once but since then nothing... (had to wipe once)

(Reason : Wait until the device is fully initialized / Either by pushing via ADB or pasting)

Edit : Made it work using official one for the Nexus 7. Nexus 4 says location is invalid for the official, and the device is not fully initialised with the modded :/

Edited by thehunt33r

Guest Hammermann

No way to have it working on both my Nexus 4 and 7. Made it work once but since then nothing... (had to wipe once)

(Reason : Wait until the device is fully initialized / Either by pushing via ADB or pasting)

Edit : Made it work using official one for the Nexus 7. Nexus 4 says location is invalid for the official, and the device is not fully initialised with the modded :/

Assuming you are in the UK as the US Nexus 4 I have has GW as a stock APK out of the box.

Guest thehunt33r

I'm in Spain. My Nexus 4 is from the US, but I'm under Paranoid Android. It works on my Nexus 7 (Clean Rom, so not stock either).

Guest Rusty!

Assuming you are in the UK as the US Nexus 4 I have has GW as a stock APK out of the box.

It's there on UK handsets too, the ROMs are identical. It's just disabled for us on bootup.

Guest Hammermann

It's there on UK handsets too, the ROMs are identical. It's just disabled for us on bootup.

That's a though break. I have used this patch on at least four different phones over the last year and spent about a month of my free time doing so! Imagine my surprise when (a) finding the GW app on my new Nexus 4 on boot up and (B) it worked out of the box! What will I do with my spare time now?

I don't know why you're all still using Paul's modded APKs on your Nexus 4s. Installing from the Play Store and using Market Enabler allows you to use the stock APK, regardless of you location. I've been doing it like this for over a year with my Galaxy Nexus, and 2 months with my Nexus 4, allowing me to update Wallet straight from the Play Store on my phone, just like any other application

The issue is how we're going to get payments working again outside the USA. Nobody seems to be talking about that anymore.

Guest xybur

I have the "Insufficient secure element privileges" error when I start the app. I set permissions and installed as described, using most recent version as of the time stamp on this post.

Really hate to be that guy, but I have an at&t HTC One X and I can't get the app to run. I've seen all sorts of suggestions from an hour or so of googling, reading about changing build.props, loading libs, flashing roms and everything in between, and I still can't get a straight answer.

1) Does this work on ANYONE'S ATT HTC One X?

if so,

2) How do you do it? Are there easy instructions?

I'm have about three or four different things I still want to try, but I don't think any of them are confirmed to work with the at&t variant of the phone, just the international HOX version.

Guest cbronson41

I have the "Insufficient secure element privileges" error when I start the app. I set permissions and installed as described, using most recent version as of the time stamp on this post.

Really hate to be that guy, but I have an at&t HTC One X and I can't get the app to run. I've seen all sorts of suggestions from an hour or so of googling, reading about changing build.props, loading libs, flashing roms and everything in between, and I still can't get a straight answer.

1) Does this work on ANYONE'S ATT HTC One X?

if so,

2) How do you do it? Are there easy instructions?

I'm have about three or four different things I still want to try, but I don't think any of them are confirmed to work with the at&t variant of the phone, just the international HOX version.

I've searched high and low and tried multiple processes and nothing works, keeps coming back to the Insufficient secure element privileges as well.

However with the release of at&t's JB update for the One X I was wondering if Paul would take another look at it to see if theres anything that can be done to get this working... Please!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone with a genuine USA bank card tried using it with Google Wallet outside the USA? For example, an American going on holiday to London. Does it work?

At least then we'll know if Google's checking the location of the transaction, or the location of the card/bank account.

Edited by Avon

Guest RayYung

Has anyone with a genuine USA bank card tried using it with Google Wallet outside the UK? For example, an American going on holiday to London. Does it work?

At least then we'll know if Google's checking the location of the transaction, or the location of the card/bank account.

I can tell you my experience,

I live in US and have US credit card on my GWallet, it's usable in US 7-eleven. When I was in Hong Kong, I tried to use the same in a HK 7-eleven, the transaction was denied. It show denied on the POS but the transaction never make to the GWallet history.

BTW, I have HOX and used the current modaco version of GWallet.

Hope this help.

Edited by RayYung

• 2 weeks later...
Guest -fakker-

I've got Google Wallet now enabled, and it can see my UK debit card that was already pre-entered as it used my Checkout/Wallet online details, however I've been declined everywhere (McDonalds, Subway) - not authorised. Anyone else getting this? I guess because we're not meant to be using it...?

I've got Google Wallet now enabled, and it can see my UK debit card that was already pre-entered as it used my Checkout/Wallet online details, however I've been declined everywhere (McDonalds, Subway) - not authorised. Anyone else getting this? I guess because we're not meant to be using it...?

It doesn't work outside the USA, and hasn't done for about half a year now. There's currently no way to get payments to work unless you're in the USA.