XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest james_bond123

for some reason i m not able to add my cards with r87 (stuck on "adding cards")...so back to r81 i go.

Edited by james_bond123

Guest dmcconachie
for some reason i m not able to add my cards with r87 (stuck on "adding cards")...so back to r81 i go.

I have the same problem. Let us know if reverting allows cards to be added?

Guest tithefug

Paul,

Thanks for all your work on this.

I have the Galaxy Note II on Verizon. I found the NFC binaries for the Sprint Version that has a working version of Google Wallet. I set the build.prop to mimic that of the Sprint version (

SPH-L900)

. Installed and setup Google Wallet. The Play Store showed an update was available. I foolishly updated the app, which then said it wasn't supported on my Device/Carrier. After uninstalling the updates, I got the same message, and it wouldn't let me back into the app. I then force stopped and cleared the data on the Google Wallet app. After reopening the app and selecting the account I wanted to use, I hang on "Adding your account..."

I have tried reinstalling Google Wallet and the associated NFC libs (via the push method), I factory reset the device, cleared data on the app, all to no avail. I have heard some people say it took 5-8 minutes, but I had it sitting at about 10 with no signs of it working. I have also tried to run aLogCat to get some additional information, but it doesn't show anything. Also, everytime I come back to the app, I have to start over adding the account. Finally, I tried resetting it via the Devices section of the Google Wallet web app.

So, my questions are these:

1. Any suggestions on how to get past this point in the setup?
  2. Did I bork my NFC chip by not resetting Google Wallet via the mobile app?
  3. Did I do even more damage by resetting Google Wallet via the web app?
  4. As I'm within the 14 return period, should I just get a new phone?

Thanks in advance,

Tithefug

Guest macsli1

have the app in the /system/app folder chmoded and chowned it's not showing up in my app list, tried to wipe the d cache and still nothing. (aokp ics) Any tips?

Guest dmcconachie
have the app in the /system/app folder chmoded and chowned it's not showing up in my app list, tried to wipe the d cache and still nothing. (aokp ics) Any tips?
Have you set the permissions, wiped the dalvik cache and rebooted?

Guest macsli1

Have you set the permissions, wiped the dalvik cache and rebooted?

chmoded,

chowned, &

wiped.

......And yes, I have rebooted.

(Sorry if it seem rude, but since I just started watching It Crowd on Netflix, your reply totally reminded me of it.) :D

Guest ogdobber

chmoded,

chowned, &

wiped.

......And yes, I have rebooted.

(Sorry if it seem rude, but since I just started watching It Crowd on Netflix, your reply totally reminded me of it.) :D

thats funny.

use titanium backup to "unfreeze" it once booted. you will need to do this every boot, but on some roms/carriers it is the only work around right now

Guest james_bond123

I have the same problem. Let us know if reverting allows cards to be added?

Did reverting to r81 resolve it?

P

yes, works fine now that i m back to r81.

Edited by james_bond123

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Entropy512

One small issue with the CWM-flashable ZIP provided - It does not include a script to preserve the APK through system flashes on firmwares that support backup of apps in /system (CyanogenMod and all derivatives, for example).

Attached is a script that uses the same mechanism that preserves gapps across CM updates. gunzip it, place it in /system/addon.d/ and chmod 755 it.

60-wallet.sh.gz

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm going snow-blind after reading 34 pages.

First of all, thanks Paul.

Here's what I've done so far:

Bought a Nexus 7 (32GB, WiFi)

Rooted it with 4.2.1

Downloaded the GW apk, copied it to /system/app and checked the permissions are rw-r--r--

Opened Titanium, backed up the app and unfroze it.

The problem now is I feel like that stupid bloody dog on the adverts, nodding moronically after reading 666 posts.

The error I get is:

Not supported

-------------------

Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network.

Others have it working on the Nexus 7, so I have that noob feeling again.

Any ideas folks?

--

Q

Thanks Paul,

Going to try this on a M&S quick till after work, seemed to accept my Amazon mastercard as a funding source with no issues, so I'll see if it checks out ok.