Choice between G300 and Desire HD

Guest sonicaaaa

Guest sonicaaaa

Hello, I need to buy a new phone in the next future. I do not want to spend too much and I previously owned a ZTE Blade that was enough.

Anyway I am trying to understand if I spending a little more can give me sensible benefits or not.

There is the opportunity of Desire HD for 220 pounds. I remember I was really impressed by that phone when it went out but I am not sure how it could compare to G300.

Does anyone can give a comment about them? The greatest difference that I notice is the screen size. Are the other specs relevant enough to justify the difference of price or can I can save and have more or less the same phone?

thank you

sonicaaaa

Guest timfimjim

Well for £100 I think the g300 is a big saving.

If i remember the desire hd was a 4.3inch screen - so not actually that much difference. I've just come from a ZTE skate which had a 4.3inch screen and I don't feel like I'm missing out with a 4inch.

I'd go for the g300 if it were me :)

Guest t-bon3

Easy choice, get the G300, at half the price. I had both for a while, there's not much between them..

The DHD has better CPU/GPU/RAM but not by much.

The G300 has a better camera (but DHD has better flash), better screen and much better battery life.

Both should get officical ICS ROM.

Guest Nesli

The biggest fail of DHD was battery (Half of a working day, terrible), G300 can handle 4 times more, 2 days is not a problem ;)

G300 is best choice,the specs are more mid end device than budget,and community wise,well its growing rapidly,just like early days when I had blade.

In my opinion this is the place to be,with the G300,the blade all other again,but a few generations ahead,there is going to be some awesome development going on here I suspect.

Guest Maximus9

Easy choice, get the G300, at half the price. I had both for a while, there's not much between them..

The DHD has better CPU/GPU/RAM but not by much.

The G300 has a better camera (but DHD has better flash), better screen and much better battery life.

Both should get officical ICS ROM.

Can someone detail a bit:

-why are DHD's CPU/GPU better then G300's?

-everybody says G300 camera is poor, if it is better then a £200 phone one, I would say we are cool?

-in what way is the G300 screen better?

Thank you!

Guest sonicaaaa

At the end, curiosity won and I decided to go with the G300. Bought in shop without top up and luckily already sim free.

I have to recognise that it's a huge improvement compared to the Blade. I have the feeling that the screen is brighter. Maybe it's just for its size but I have that impression. I sometimes find myself preferring this compared to iPhone4 from my job.

The other thing that I've noticed is that it realy feels faster and every scrolling is smoother. Switching from an app to another is very quick.

I havent payed too much attention to battery and camera yet, but I am completely satisfied with this. I will follow the updates about Orange San Diego, but I'll probably end up buying other G300 for relatives in needs of a phone.

Thanks everyone for comments