Using ADB / fastboot on the San Diego

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

To use ADB on the San Diego you'll need a custom vendor ID in your adb_usb.ini, specifically '0x8087'.

To use fastboot, you'll need to include this too - i.e. 'fastboot -i 0x8087 command'.

P

Guest spences10

Awesome! Was just about to ask you this on Twitter

Just checked I have no adb_usb.ini file, just doing a search now to find one to kang

Edited by spences10

Guest PaulOBrien

re: adb / fastboot (especially fastboot), proceed with EXTREME CAUTION.

I've not yet found a way to enter fastboot or recovery aside from ADB commands...

P

Guest spences10

I found fastboot by powering on holding powe+volume down goes into fastboot and you can select recovery from there

Haven't sorted drivers yet, just trying via a Ubuntu 12.04 vm now

Guest spences10

Ok, the reason I couldn't find the .android folder was because I didn't have one

The .android folder is where you will find the adb_usb.ini file the .android folder is located [for me w7] 'C:\Users\myusername\.android'

I just put the vendor id in there and hey pesto adb access :)

Guest spences10

Can you push the su binary? I may not have quite given up hope with this one.

Yeah, like one of the first things I tried ;)

Guest nikc0069

You pushed it? :) Awesome. Is it working? If so can you give the s2 unlock method a go? Does it have an efs directory? If it does then the s2 unlock might work.

EDIT: More info here - in the Samsung devices at least there is a files in /efs called nv_data.bin and the lock is hashed in there - once you have root take a look at this link for more info and let me know how it goes :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1064978

Edited by nikc0069

Guest spences10

You pushed it? :) Awesome. Is it working? If so can you give the s2 unlock method a go? Does it have an efs directory? If it does then the s2 unlock might work.

EDIT: More info here - in the Samsung devices at least there is a files in /efs called nv_data.bin and the lock is hashed in there - once you have root take a look at this link for more info and let me know how it goes :)

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1064978

No I meant like, duh yeah it was the first thing I tried and it didn't work, lol!

Sorry I'd been drinking :unsure:

Edited by spences10

Guest Simon O

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1064978

No efs on the San Diego.

• 2 months later...
Guest shootomanUK

To use ADB on the San Diego you'll need a custom vendor ID in your adb_usb.ini, specifically '0x8087'.

To use fastboot, you'll need to include this too - i.e. 'fastboot -i 0x8087 command'.

P

for some reason my adb is not working anymore, i can't find adb_usb.ini in my android folder ?

how do i set up a custom vendor Id ? what is the text to put into notepad ?

cheeers

Guest glossywhite

No efs on the San Diego.

So let me clarify, as this comment is ambiguous; Are you saying "there's no EFS on the San Diego", or "No, there's EFS on the San Diego"?

Guest glossywhite

I know nothing about the Intel arch of Android.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a special ADB version for Intel devices? A specially modified one for the SD and Xolo? Maybe that's a good starting point...

:D

• 2 months later...