[CM7.2] Cyanogenmod 7.2 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest youpi666

Guest McLoy2008

For A1 users how just update the rom, you must uncheck and check the freemin box in liquid app to have the good memory killer values.

Where is it that option? I cannot find it :(

Guest shea83

So laggish! Unusable! what's wrong?? A1, followed all the instructions... :(

I also have an A1 and the rom go perfectly for me (even faster than the rom i had before...MIUI 2 final) ;-).. I've not updated the rom but i've flash it after a full wipe

Guest McLoy2008

My previous rom was LN 1.9.2. I followed all the instructions starting from LN and not a stock rom as suggested by nameless92. With A2sd (1024MB partition) and swap (512MB partition). Now I'm back at LN 1.9.2. I'll try again when I have some time flashing a stock rom before...

Anyway it seems a problem with memory management, because it was impossible to open even opera browser or other not so demanding app without waiting a lot of time and ending with a reboot! (p.s. I unchecked and checked again freemin box as suggested...).

Should I flash gapps and beats audio soon after flashing the rom or does it need one or more reboots? (I flashed everything without rebooting/exiting from recovery).

Guest nameless92

I also flash rom, gapps and beats audio without rebooting...I have 30% swappiness with a swap partition of 256mb and no overclock, the rom works VERY well...

Guest McLoy2008

Updated feedback: tried again starting from stock rom, wiped all etc... Same result :(

The rom seems smooth soon after being flashed, but after reinstalling all my usual apps it becomes unusable. My feeling is that it keeps killing and loading background apps/services and this process drain a lot of battery and makes the rom unusable. Now I'm back at LN1.9.2 that is silk smooth with 80+ apps installed.

Guest youpi666

i'm using it since last saturday, no problem, same smoothness as the last, same battery as the last, in fact, i've just correct a code error on memorykiller value (not a revolutionnary change) and update the source so it quite the same as before, just a CM source update.

what recovery do you use ?

Guest McLoy2008

i'm using it since last saturday, no problem, same smoothness as the last, same battery as the last, in fact, i've just correct a code error on memorykiller value (not a revolutionnary change) and update the source so it quite the same as before, just a CM source update.

what recovery do you use ?

I've installed CWM as you've suggested.

Then stock rom+malez to revert to LN.

Hello,

I've installed 7.2 and it works very well.

I've only a small problem. I set "digital phone" as call ring. But it rings only 1 time. I want that my phone to ring continuosly, until i pick up the phone or caller terminates call.

Is it possible? All phones do this.....

Hello,

I've installed 7.2 and it works very well.

I've only a small problem. I set "digital phone" as call ring. But it rings only 1 time. I want that my phone to ring continuosly, until i pick up the phone or caller terminates call.

Is it possible? All phones do this.....

Hi,

I have the same problem, anyone can help us?

I think this is a CM bug. Because I have it since LN. So now I edit the ringtone to loop in MP3 editor

How can i make this? What editor do you use?

Maybe audicity.

I have a little problem with this rom, i use link2sd to install aplications in sd card partition, and i can use it, it works fine and frees me the internal phone memory, but when i restart my phone my internal memory is no longer free its almost full, i think the link2sd cant create cache link at restart. For exemple before i restar my phone i have 130MB of free memory, when it restart i just have 70MB and i have to re-link manualy the apps cache links in link2sd. In the other roms i use it always worked fine.

I use the MP3 editor that's bundled with Nero. I copy the section I want to use as ringtone and paste few times in new file and save.

Edited by renzs

Guest sss_ddk

Goo no longer installs openscript recovery. It says no compatible one exists. On the twrp page, the 2.2 version (which replaced 2.1) is not compatible with acer liquid. Am i missing something or is there a way to get twrp back on my device?

Guest Ma7moud

Goo no longer installs openscript recovery. It says no compatible one exists. On the twrp page, the 2.2 version (which replaced 2.1) is not compatible with acer liquid. Am i missing something or is there a way to get twrp back on my device?

I will upload TWRP 1.8 now, its the same one that Goo manager used to install.

Use the "HOW TO INSTALL CWM Recovery" instruction in the second post to flash it