Is there a way to hide the statusbar in a Rom? (ICS & GB)

Guest Der_Floo

Guest Der_Floo

yeah title say it . i search for a tweak or something to hide notification bar, because the screen is bigger :) i hope someone can help .

Guest bAzYx

Use Go Launcher. It provides a functionality to assign a gesture for hiding the notification bar when in the launcher.

After it is hidden, you can reassign the gesture to keep it hidden. It will still appear when sliding down from the top of the screen. And it will remain visible in all other( non full screen) apps.

Guest Redstarr1

As does ADW EX, but that's a paid launcher. On ICS Apex should have the option to hide the statusbar as well (I just used Trebuchet so not sure).

Guest Der_Floo

ok ok thanks :) but i use this option :) i would like to have it for sytem UI. i read something, that it is aviable for honeycomb and in process for ICS. but i only want to know, whether something exists :)

Edited by Der_Floo

Guest crnadakm

ok ok thanks :) but i use this option :) i would like to have it for sytem UI. i read something, that it is aviable for honeycomb and in process for ICS. but i only want to know, whether something exists :)

LP will do it in both home screen and app drawer ...

Guest Redstarr1

I don't have my phone for the moment to try this, but how about freezing statusbar with Titanium Backup? There's a ton of stuff about this if you Google it by the way, might be some knowledge out there that we don't have :). I found stuff about flag.fullscreen, but I guess that is for writing apps.

Guest Der_Floo

I don't have my phone for the moment to try this, but how about freezing statusbar with Titanium Backup? There's a ton of stuff about this if you Google it by the way, might be some knowledge out there that we don't have :). I found stuff about flag.fullscreen, but I guess that is for writing apps.

with freezing i will try :)

Guest stiefanu

No. It's because I coded it in just today after I found info on how this could be achieved . Could be done to cm7, too.

Oh, sorry :D

Guest plegdroid
No. It's because I coded it in just today after I found info on how this could be achieved . Could be done to cm7, too.

lol, had me scratching my head, now why can't I find this option. :P

Guest hugobosslives

could you share where it needs to be added.

presumably you go to system UI and then add in the correct flag when you find where the api's that control it are.

had a quick look but im not guna risk trial and error on which line to change it to as i'm not familiar with the flags for controlling the api's

Guest C3C0

I will post to my github later today. Just need to do a bit of cleaning and also I want to move the setting to better place, e.g. below the notification light setting.

Edited by C3C0

Guest hugobosslives

are you still able to pull the status bar down (by pulling down where it was) to see notifications? if that makes sense.

will try when i get in tonight :) thanks