Almost Buying One...

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

I'm so tempted by this and I could give my G300 to my mother who is using a Samsung Tocco. (LOL!) The review by Paul seems really good almost like Orange slipped him something :P But I know how good Paul is at reviews as he even slates is beloved HTC when they drop the ball.

I suppose the only thing stopping me is the hackability... Seems very quiet or is that the calm before the storm? All these posts about seeing test ICS builds also has me really enticed but not sure how long it would be until those tests become stable and even public!

I'm rambling now but I'm a huge fan of new device development and Modaco is the only place to be when it comes to following it!

Guest spences10

My one had a bit of what looks like chips to the [possibly] metal body on the top right of the device

Frankish, did i swap my San Fran with you for a Desire nearly two years ago?

Guest Simon O

What is the issue so I know what to look out for. I find that very poor that you ended up with a defective one?!

Don't be a muppet and force-flash a recovery image from a different device ;)

Guest Simon O

I suppose the only thing stopping me is the hackability... Seems very quiet or is that the calm before the storm? All these posts about seeing test ICS builds also has me really enticed but not sure how long it would be until those tests become stable and even public!

More devs and people with the skills to mod and hack the phones need to buy these. At the moment Paul is the only one that has. ICS builds will be shared once there is either a stock ROM available for people to restore in the event of any issues, or a custom recovery is available for people to make backups. The ICS roms need a little work for them to be fully usable as they are using test keys which will result in a broken market for everyone.

Guest Frankish

I'm sure the test keys is a minor issue to fix and yes spence a San Fran and a bit of cash I think it was?

And I had a feeling the issue with Pauls phone was something err like that.