The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest glossywhite

glossywhite, id be happy to donate, but what past success/experience do you have with android, specifically the rooting ad exploit scene.

I wouldn't bother. Noone else will donate, but thank you. I'm bored of asking, noone can be that interested in the San Diego. Gonna pull my appeal offline next week, if I don't get any results. I have better things to do now.

It is really unfortunate that none are willing to part with a small amount of money to take a chance at getting root :(

If he fails, he fails, but it is a chance still, I donated a fiver, which is not alot of money really, I assumed others would, but it seems that none have.

I know you are good hacker glossywhite which is why I had no problem gambing a fiver, no big loss really is it.

Well if nobody donates now, I dont expect the five back, have a drink on me :)

Guest glossywhite

It is really unfortunate that none are willing to part with a small amount of money to take a chance at getting root :(

If he fails, he fails, but it is a chance still, I donated a fiver, which is not alot of money really, I assumed others would, but it seems that none have.

I know you are good hacker glossywhite which is why I had no problem gambing a fiver, no big loss really is it.

Well if nobody donates now, I dont expect the five back, have a drink on me :)

Thank you. If only other people thought in such easy, simple terms. Cynicism will always ruin people.

Has anyone come across any forums from other countries this device is sold ? Is the xolo x900 chinese ? they seem to be good at getting leaks etc.

Guest Mtman1
I belive it was released in India. Don't quote me though.

I think its the Indian make as well, since xolo are an Indian company...

Guest captainkremmen

Lava Xolo x900 in India (apparently also made by Gigabyte according to some reviews), and the Lenovo K800 in China (but made by Lenovo themselves).

So there is a china version that is good, but finding a forum is going to be difficult, I am sure there will be one, and possibly someone here has already cracked this device. Anyone got any idea how I would go about finding chinese android forums ?

edit: is the lenova the same as OSD ? because it appears it has been rooted!

Post14: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1685304&page=2

Edited by Guest

Guest mailyaseen

Has anyone come across any forums from other countries this device is sold ? Is the xolo x900 chinese ? they seem to be good at getting leaks etc.

I am owning XOLO X900, it is in India, manufactured by Gigabytes, and Lava is just marketing the mobile in India. XOLO X900 is sim unlocked.

I am owning XOLO X900, it is in India, manufactured by Gigabytes, and Lava is just marketing the mobile in India. XOLO X900 is sim unlocked.

Are you in india? If so, is anyone working on root or cracking bootloader?

Your device is sim unlocked, did it come that way when purchased?

Guest mailyaseen

Are you in india? If so, is anyone working on root or cracking bootloader?

Your device is sim unlocked, did it come that way when purchased?

Yes, I am in India. Nope, i dont think anyone here working on root or cracking bootloader.

Yes it is SIM unlocked from the time when i purchased, In India, we get most(90%) of the mobiles SIM unlocked.

I have just bought a san diego, arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what it can do, should be a step up from my HTC Desire which I rooted and put cyanogenmod on. Be great if this phone can be rooted, I'll be keeping an eye on this topic with interest. Happy to help with testing if required.

Is this still being worked upon, i have quite alot of experience rooting the previously unrooted, and this looks like my ideal phone, considering getting one, Anyone know where to get one Cheap in the UK? Cex doesnt seem to have them (atleast not under a name i can find.)

CEX have one available on line and a few in stores http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SINTBRAYORAA

Guest kabirsaini2011

here in india we are not bound to any contract and we may choose any network provider we like...so xolo x900 came sim unlocked... Ipaid 22000 indian rupees i.e. we paid nearly 398 us dollars(256 British pounds)for this phone

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest kabirsaini2011

So,your smartphone is unbranded ?

Is there a unbranded update.zip available on the manufacturer website ?

ofcourse it is branded ..i.e. by manufacturer intel-Lava but we are not bound to use particular network provider.... update.zip is available at xolo.com

Guest joe1r23

Has anyone tried flashing the San Diego with the Xolo update.

It looks like a stock Gingerbread and it would be nice to get rid of the orange bloatware

Has anyone tried flashing the San Diego with the Xolo update.

It looks like a stock Gingerbread and it would be nice to get rid of the orange bloatware

Do we have an x900 update? I thought the one mentioned previously was just a small update and not a whole rom? If we had a whole rom then it could possibly work, look at g300, you can use U8818 ics update on it.

Edited by Guest

Guest The Soup Thief

That's the way I remember it jikobutsu - I think Paul found this update early on. Rather than being a full ROM it was just an update pack and wasn't helpful IIRC

Guest joe1r23

Speaking of ICS is their a confirmed date when ICS for the OSD is going to be released if not I will try to contact orange and find out

I asked @OrangeHelpers on twitter a couple of days ago and they couldn't give a date, not even a vague one :angry: . By all means pester them some more!

I'm expecting a similar wait and on-going delays as I had waiting for orange to get their s*** together with the froyo update on my HTC Desire. It wasn't quick...

Anyone else finding that the San Diego camera is pile of steaming crap?

Edited by jhob

Guest kabirsaini2011

Well... full rom update is not available for xolo but customer service assured that they will release an update to ics in few days

Edited by kabirsaini2011