The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sumanx

Hi, am now here, complete noob to low-level software, but have tried building android before. Though I have read this thread from the beginning, I am thoroughly confused. So, is boot.bin the kernel, and kboot.bin the bootloader? Also, what exactly happened when you flashed the 'engineering' bootloader? What is the status of unlockability? Sorry for noobish questions....

Also, after this is done, I would be glad to try to port Jelly Bean for this device (though I think Paul could do a better job)

Guest vermat17

Anyone know when Paul is meant to be back???

Seems likely he will know what to do with all the great progress you guys have made recently...

He is in italy, and said he is taking a week off when he gets back. Not sure if that means modaco or some other thing.

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

Dnt get upset ... ics will be coming soon ...who knows what surprice it will carry

You may be right...

But is it likely that ics will make it rootable??

Personally I think if enough people bug Intel/Lava (I doubt Orange are gonna stop being thick), they may end up unlocking the bootloader...? Or is that too optimistic?

Are you certain that brick wall is not what I quoted from orange about security not allowing overwrite? I know you said that should not matter as it is low level, but something is making it very difficult. Intel know all methods used and have blocked all methods, so is it possible they know hackers will try and fastboot or use some leaked flash tool, would they go that far?

What about the time it said success and it booted into gingerbread? Surely you was on the right path ther

e?

I know booting into gingerbread was not the idea lol, but it was considered a flash by flasher right?

Let's hope this ics release coming soon can open new windows.

Sorry for the off topic, but I thought this was funny, check my memory read speed.lol

post-796032-0-17298100-1343659474_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest brit07

What about the time it said success and it booted into gingerbread? Surely you was on the right path ther

e?

I know booting into gingerbread was not the idea lol, but it was considered a flash by flasher right?

Let's hope this ics release coming soon can open new windows.

i think he used the gingerbread .bin file thats why it may have failed?

Guest rickywyatt

we need to find GP Flag for are phone lol because if i enter this into 0x80000061 GP Flag it gose into a flash mode but i well not flash ifwi

Guest captainkremmen

I go away for a couple of weeks, pop back not expecting much and find you guys are making some pretty impressive progress. OK, I can't be any help but it's good to see and well done to all those trying their damnest, keep up the good work. :)

Guest spiky3mike

Just a quick question has anyone tried contacting Gigabyte? as they manufacture the motherboard for the phone, i am temped to buy a san diego and join the club at opening this baby up

Even as it is now, you will not be disappointed, this device is awesome :D

@rickywyatt, was it you who has galaxy note ? If so, how does the OSD compare?

Edited by Guest

No way, faster than a note wow, so it is true, the osd is better than most dual cores.

I have to say though, the OSD is blisteringly fast, never lagged not even once yet, no matter how many apps running, or how graphically intense a game is. For £200 or £15 a month, it is a serious bargain, performance, excellent screen, and best build quality I have had on a device.

Edited by Guest

Guest domenico lamberti

really? a mate of mine at work has an OSD and we pulled a note out for a customer today and the note was blazing, not saying the OSD wasnt, it might have just been the touchwiz flare that tricks you into thinking smother means faster

Guest Daza90

Yeah I have had my San Diego for a few days and loving it so far! I just hope for the root so I can pair up my PS3 controller and use it for the emulators, plus getting that SD slot working.

Guest ben1066

Bletch. I give in, without a device it's a real pain. Sorry all, but unless I get a device it's up to the rest of you, unless you have anything really specific.