The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shootomanUK

Just a quick question has anyone tried contacting Gigabyte? as they manufacture the motherboard for the phone, i am temped to buy a san diego and join the club at opening this baby up

i emailed them but they didnt reply.

Guest Chrisund123
Will some one explian what you are trying to do and why.? Im Lost here lol

Trying to get "root" (administrator rights). Why? Because it's almost like owning the phone and being able to do what you like with it ;)

Guest 0072121

Trying to get "root" (administrator rights). Why? Because it's almost like owning the phone and being able to do what you like with it ;)

What can we do with administration rights?

Get rid of orange bloatware? Make SD card slot work? What else?

Guest Chrisund123

What can we do with administration rights?

Get rid of orange bloatware? Make SD card slot work? What else?

Yep, those two things come with root, and a load of other things like titanium backup, etc.

Strictly speaking the current efforts of this thread is all about flashing unsigned images to try and expose a weakness - currently the engineering bootloader looks a good bet as that'll lead on to being able to flash other things.

Guest 0072121

What happens if i X900 update, will i get ICS at same time as non X900 and will it be different to your ICS. Should i update or wait? Why wait?

Guest punjabi

Didn't I hear that ICS was going to be released this week sometime for the Lava Xolo 900...?

I'm sure it was on this thread in fact...

Guest punjabi

Hey I'm one of those 20 odd people watching this thread waiting for a root solution to surface. And if it does and we have smooth ICS in the next few weeks then I'm buying the San Diego whatever happens, I'll show my friends what this is made of. I'm hoping it will outdo the SG II as well!!!

Edited by punjabi

Guest Atlask

he's a modo ,right ?

he can change a post to add some links .

Or someone here could post links to :

the flash software

the chinese forum

I have flasher, can dowload leak ics, I have fastboot set up although my fastboot is not great.lol

Edit: downloading ics now.....and I have racer driver installed, do we need that soc driver too ?

What you thinking ricky ?

Edited by Guest

Guest rickywyatt

I have found a file in system/etc/ifwi called

phyblock0-0x20000padded.WiDi-12 with has loads of x0 numbers in I think one of them must be the gt flag

So no way to enter it from booted device, like safe mode ?

I have the ics downloaded now, anything I can do here ?

What is the flash.xml for ? I noticed it is named different with k800, "leos-flash.xml"

Edited by Guest