The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Atlask

I'm considering sending a strong (and very desperate) email to Orange/Intel/Xolo to see if they can provide us with any help at all.

Good luck !

intel sell the chip ;orange the contract ;xolo the whole phone ... so only Xolo can help you ^^

Ps : i think i will sell the fone for a samsung ; i dtgaf about intel chipset now :let's they die alone with their technology !

Edited by Atlask

Guest vermat17

Do you think we will be able to make better progress rooting the phone with ICS, or does the OS not make a difference??? Cos wouldn't the bootloader + inbuilt recovery be the same no matter what??

Guest i am not a hacker

Not necessarily, they may alter the things that we need to root it. At the moment, we don't know if they will or not. I doubt Orange will, but XOLO might.

Guest vermat17

They said sometime in August...

Not completely sure but I think kabirsaini2011 posted something recently saying it would be within two months...

EDIT: Sorry, it was rickywyatt

Edited by vermat17

I just sent a long email to them, explaining the whole android community thing and how it benefits us and their sales. I asked them to at the least give us root access by putting su binary in system/bin. This way, those who know about it can use it, but the customers they want to protect(the average user) will not even be aware of the binary and will remain protected.

I forgot to link to the osd threads, could the next one to email them add link to here. And please, everyone get involved, if all of us email them, they may help a little.

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

That's just the sort of thing I was gonna say to Orange/Intel...

If a person wants to take a risk, then why not let them??

I think if enough people do it, we could get some results...

Actually, didn't Google do that with one of their Nexus devices?? When you went to unlock the bootloader, they gave you a big warning message, but let you carry on at your own risk??

Edited by vermat17

Guest vermat17

Okay, just sent a ridiculously long email to Xolo, hope they respond positively...

For anyone who wants to send one as well, but doesn't know what to say or can't be bothered to compose a long email, PM me and I'll send you mine so you can make small changes and send it.

Come on, there's really no excuse not to contribute now :P

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Guest vermat17

I think we should all try to send an email to the executive orange one as well...

It's all about getting the right people to notice, people who can actually do something...

By the way rickywyatt, who did you send your email to??

EDIT: Just sent a similar email to Orange as well, lets see what happens... (fingers crossed :P)

Edited by vermat17

Guest rickywyatt

I sent it to the email above

Lol I just had to by a screen protector all that had was a one for galaxy note had to cut it down to fit the osd

Guest vermat17

Okay, got replies from both Orange and Xolo...

Orange said that I should contact customer services at [email protected]. I've sent them an email too, but not expecting much...

Xolo said:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

ICS :- Our software teams are working towards getting ICS on XOLO X900 on priority ; We should have the expected timeline over the next few days. We should have ICS with-in the next 2 months.

Secondly, While forward your valuable feedback to concerned.

Lastly, As mentioned in below mail that boot loader is locked ; So, That develop can’t root this to their expectations."

Not great tbh... But if loads of us bug them, they may change their minds...