PaulOBrien

The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

If you want to go to hardware hacks, we can flash the flash directly and overwrite the bootloader easily. The point is, it's not practical.

i know but it may be the only way

it would over wirte the bootloader but you would still need the

engineering bootloader to flash the you would be able to flash an unsigned recovery and boot

would a JTAG flash, overwrite the bootloader once, or could you permanently override it then install a custom recovery etc?

Permananent

awesome, so if a JTAG flash would be possible, a person would be able to offer it as a service, i mean i cant do it, but anyone with any enough knowledge, in this economy could make a mint :P

awesome, so if a JTAG flash would be possible, a person would be able to offer it as a service, i mean i cant do it, but anyone with any enough knowledge, in this economy could make a mint :P

For someone to get all the jtag hardware required would cost a fortune, and then they would have to have the experience required to use it.

Wrong, JTAG hardware costs very little. You can get a basic JTAG adaptor for £30, or even less if you have a parallel port. The issue is finding the points on the PCB, it's unlikely there is a JTAG header.

Wrong, JTAG hardware costs very little. You can get a basic JTAG adaptor for £30, or even less if you have a parallel port. The issue is finding the points on the PCB, it's unlikely there is a JTAG header.

sorry was looking at the wind river intel jtag debugger and i wouldnt fancy paying for it

sorry was looking at the wind river intel jtag debugger and i wouldnt fancy paying for it

Ah right yea. The debugger is likely expensive, JTAG itself is open however and the flashing part is fairly standard. Any old JTAG will do for that.

Ah right yea. The debugger is likely expensive, JTAG itself is open however and the flashing part is fairly standard. Any old JTAG will do for that.

so did you get a san diego then or do you plan on getting one ?

:D

I bet xolo are taking so long to release ics because there patching it so no ics explot will work

i'll tell you something, though it might not be fun for us at all, you have to give it to these guys for the level of encryption etc, this thing is a bitch to crack

Somehow I get the feeling that all this talk of an unlocked bootloader and asking them if they could included root access made them look twice at their current ROM and go back to the drawing board so they could close any loopholes...

If you ask me the xolo 2.3.7 rom don't even give you access to data/local/tmp with the orange rom I had access to /data/local/tmp and /data/fota

It's like xolo locked access to the data all together i mean with terminal on the phone

can anyone with a computer type this

adb shell

adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak

And tell me what it says

For some reason I can't write to it I was able on orange but not xolo

it looks that way lol any one got the first update from xolo the 9mb file please upload it

can anyone with a computer type this

adb shell

adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak

And tell me what it says

Hi mate i just tried "adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak"

and it says permission denied on my stock osd

Hi mate i just tried "adb shell mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.bak"

and it says permission denied on my stock osd

thanks for trying