The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Atlask

I don't know who taught you geology... but lava IS orange:

ok xolo ! you understand me <_<

i"ll flash it and said bye to the horrible orange menu ...

Edited by Atlask

Guest geekrohit

yep, started downloading. Its getting stuck at 10% range. I guess there is quite a lot of traffic from people? .... anyway. Will keep posted about the upgrade.

Anybody trying exploits ? I tried superoneclick, rootunlock and one razzamataz suggested, but no luck. We need some new exploits, keep an eye out guys

Edited by Guest

Guest technomole

So the update went smooth, and I'm notcing improvements, but not to sound ungrateful or impatient, but didn't Intel sign off on Jelly Bean ? just wondering how long before orange/lava release it ?

Not that I'm complaining, my sons tablet runs ics and I've been eager to try it on my phone :D

Guest Atlask

Hey ,i'm standing to receive my unlock code from 0range .

Will the flash to the xolo rom will change something to the simlock ?

I'm not hurry to install ics ,my last phone was a nexus S . (it was the first phone with ics ;) )

Guest vermat17

The GB Xolo rom certainly didn't affect sim lock, so I don't see why the ICS update would...

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm hoping it will unlock it; apart from root, the only other thing I want now is a way to unlock it :P

Guest The-Bledard

There is a mistake in the review : it is said that the phone is still vulnerable to USSD attacks, whereas the update to ICS has fixed this.

Tried it, now the screen is flickering, phone extremly slow :/

Have you played with the advanced settings ?

The reason I ask is because one of the options is to make screen flash when touched ?

Settings/About Phone/Advanced/Show Screen Updates

Edited by Guest

Guest benichou

Guys, i rooted my san diego!!!!!!!

yes it is true, i just edited the script from Binary from XDA because there was an error at the end, when trying to mount the /system with the mount from busybox, i just used the mount from adb shell and it is working.

And i replaced the su and superuser.apk with their x86 version, and it is working!!! but i cant find the busybox version x86 so some applications which require root will not run properly.

I have the Superuser application in my application drawer

And by exemple AdFree works!! it asks me for Su permissions, and i check my host file and there is a lot of lines.

i upload my modified script to:

https://www.box.com/...o6x3i82t3z4xzqo

please test it and tell me, it is working for you :).

And if someone find the x86 busybox version, tell us.

I dont believe myself ^^

ps: from my reading on xda, it is working only on ICS.

Edited by benichou