Anyone found any newer roms?

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Anyone spotted any newer builds cropping up anywhere? I've seen B894 and B895 but not sure if that's old news or what... Probably don't bring anything new. Just noticed most go up to B892 on the forum so far...

Guest Frankish

I've just flashed B895 and it's booting now. Says in the notes it's "secret", hmm not very secret. It's still 2.3.6 build, just seems similar to B888 to me can't spot any immediate differences.

Guest Mtman1
I wonder are they bug fixes that they are releasing hence why its a bit bigger than b888

There probably are bug fixes, but there must be something significant in the 20mb

Guest Jekle

According to the attached documents there are no fixes.

I suspect there are no fixes from B894. There probably will be changes from other previous releases.

Guest rsrocha

Maybe they recompliled the same kernel with updated modules and other options. Radio firmware is the same? The extra 20mb must be under the hood...

Guest Mtman1
The documents look to me like they are to be handed out and filled in by testers. That's why they are blank to me...maybe?
probably.

I'm still wondering what on earth the 20mb is used for...

Guest FrankieADZ

Please clarify something for me - what is the latest official english stock (no operator bloatware) rom version?

the latest official one is B885 i think; not 100% sure if it has bloatware or not

There is no official U.K version without bloatware,as far as I know,all the u.k versions will be vodafone so will have vodafone bloat.

The latest huawei version seems to be B895

Guest rsrocha

I compared the file sizes of B888 and B894 when extracted and they are the same... am i missing something? During lunch hour i will update and give some feedback.

Guest timfimjim

the latest official one is B885 i think; not 100% sure if it has bloatware or not

I think it probably does. As it's Vodafone only, it'll come with vodafone bloatware