[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Hello321

Total noob here. To update the rom i need to wipe ? Or is just flash? Will I lose my data and apps? Please answer :D . BTW, perfect rom, better than CFX for me and I wanna stay with it for a while :D

Guest Sulthekk

Total noob here. To update the rom i need to wipe ? Or is just flash? Will I lose my data and apps? Please answer :D . BTW, perfect rom, better than CFX for me and I wanna stay with it for a while :D

You dont need to wipe data, but it's recommended to wipe dalvik cache under the advanced menu. After that you can just flash.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest Hello321

You dont need to wipe data, but it's recommended to wipe dalvik cache under the advanced menu. After that you can just flash.

Right. But i will lose my apps and data?

Guest Hello321

Until you don't select wipe data, you shouldn't lose anything.

Thank you so much :D you helped me a lot :D

Edit: Can anyone tell my why i get a reboot when i connect my phone in usb to the computer ?

Edited by Hello321

Guest SpacemanUA

Am I the only one that have problem with Wi-Fi activation after sleep mode? It was as in early bilds and in the last one. Wi-Fi simply don't starts when phone wakes up. Slowpoke. Found in near topic:

Wifi doesnot reconnect after reboot or idle state.

it is an upstream issue of AOKP source codes, maybe a race condition with SDIO with atheros chipset or derp codes

of powerwidget. HP tenderloin fix this by fixing the wifi driver but we don't have it right now. We have no choice but to turning it

off then on manually.

Also, Wi-Fi gets off after much longer period of time compared to Swedish Snow 7.

Also, I loved power control widget in SS with option to turn on/off EDGE/GPRS. Is there any way to add it to this ROM?

And there is a bug with wallpaper. On the "very left" desktop there is a wide black line in the left part. Seems like wallpaper is smaller than desktop ) Tried to install the wallpaper manually - everything is ok.

Everything else is very cool. Thanks for your work.

P.S. How to add a "vibro only" function to lock screen (as it was in Android 2.X )? :)

Edited by SpacemanUA

Guest d_borghi

i would like to retry this rom, but my bluetooth doesn't want to start when i turn on it.

with aokp remix all works fine. why? :(

nobody's the same problem?

chinese zte blade...

Guest k0nrad

Also, I loved power control widget in SS with option to turn on/off EDGE/GPRS. Is there any way to add it to this ROM?

(...)

P.S. How to add a "vibro only" function to lock screen (as it was in Android 2.X )? :)

1. Settings > System > Notification Area > Choose Widgets. And there you have it.

2. Not really needed as you can just:

a) long press Power button and switch the sound profile there

B) Add sound profile switch to Notification Area (see above) and use it there (you can unwind notification shade even on lockscreen now)

There's no way to add mute switch as a lockscreen shortcut though, as far as I know

Guest k0nrad

of course there is small workaround for this :) just make lockscreen shortcut to this application https://play.google....GVyLm11dGVyIl0.

Hah, I thought something along that lines might exist ;p

This one is not the most elegant solution though, as it mutes the phone totally, not only the ringer, and turns off vibrations as well.

Guest SpacemanUA

1. Settings > System > Notification Area > Choose Widgets. And there you have it

Yep, there it is. Didn't find that option in that big list from the first try :) So, have to get used to change settings in notification bar. Maybe it even for good :)

2. Not really needed as you can just:

a) long press Power button and switch the sound profile there

B) Add sound profile switch to Notification Area (see above) and use it there (you can unwind notification shade even on lockscreen now)

There's no way to add mute switch as a lockscreen shortcut though, as far as I know

Yes, but it's not as handy as gingerbread (or older) version. So, will look for decision.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by SpacemanUA

Guest Akash P

BUG ?

Konsta, Found a weird bug (?) in the Messaging application. All the words were replaced by weird characters! Pretty weird actually! Had to reboot my phone for it to go back to normal !!

Here's the screenshot.. Any idea's what the problem might be?

post-909406-0-19775400-1340958232_thumb. post-909406-0-20644600-1340958245_thumb.

Edited by Akash P

Guest k0nrad

Symlink should be fine, it's just that the /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/net/usb0 doesn't exist (usb0 is not up?). I have no idea why YouTube would require this though.

But is it what causes that weird YouTube on-Wifi crash? Or a different issue entirely? All the reviews in Play Store for the newest YT app in my country come from Nexus class devices and they have no problem. But I'm worried that this issue won't be fixed by Google and is some incompatibility with blade ICS.

KonstaT - does the new YouTube crash on your phone on Wifi as well?

Guest Hello321

But is it what causes that weird YouTube on-Wifi crash? Or a different issue entirely? All the reviews in Play Store for the newest YT app in my country come from Nexus class devices and they have no problem. But I'm worried that this issue won't be fixed by Google and is some incompatibility with blade ICS.

KonstaT - does the new YouTube crash on your phone on Wifi as well?

Same problem here. If I enter in YT with no data or wifi on, it doesn't crash, with wifi on, always crashes

PS. - I don't know if with data crashes bcuz i don't use it on my phone.

Guest Sulthekk

I'm sure that's the reason why youtube crashes because I found it while I was analyzing the logcat for the YouTube crash.

Guest styrofoam

Hi KonstaT,

I have failures when sending long SMS, when they exceed 4-5 lines, even on the original app!

My settings (operators) are good, have you had feedback from this problem? thanks! ^_^

Guest Akash P

Hi KonstaT,

I have failures when sending long SMS, when they exceed 4-5 lines, even on the original app!

My settings (operators) are good, have you had feedback from this problem? thanks! ^_^

Its because your long sms's are being converted into an MMS. In the messaging application, go to settings, scroll down and un-tick the option "SMS to MMS". Long messages will be sent fine now.

Guest galorin

Ok, I am having real trouble getting my phone and PC to talk, Windows7 x64. I am trying to go via ADB, but it's not even showing up under devices available. Help please?

Guest Ficus

i installed this rom last week, and i have two problems:

- i can't install google maps and update swiftkey (both 6mb apps). when i try to install/update those two apps, i receive the "insufficient storage available" message. i have 20mb free on system partition, 40mb free on internal and 1gb free on sd card. i installed swiftkey from a titanium backup. i also have a TB for maps app, but when i try to restore it on the phone, the phone just keep trying to restore the app with no error message, and i need to kill the app.

- when i try to enable usb mass storage, after a few seconds the phone freezes and after that it reboots. this also happened on cyano7 (and it's the reason why i decided to upgrade to cyano9). of course, i did a full wipe/factory reset before installing cyano9.

i still have both problems even after wiping cache partition, dalvik cache and fixing permissions. any suggestion?

Guest camille1462

Hi

Coming from ss7 I had a bit of a shock when discovering this fabulous rom.

But I have 2 problems with gmail:

- I cannot save attachments and open them... impossible to find them on the card

- when I open a mail, the text disappears when I scroll

Do you experience the same issues?

I reinstalled after a full wipe and I still have the same issues.