[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Hayden3430

I'll make a thread, wait a while :)

//EDIT: Well, I can't do a new thread, because an author said so.

So I'll simply explain how to do it.

If you don't have an XDA account, make it. If you are registered there, log in there.

Then download 'V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_7.sh.pdf' and 'SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC7.zip' (the first file is not a .pdf, you can easily rename it after download. Right click on it and 'Save as..', the second one, just left click on it.)

Unpack the .zip file, there is a folder. Put it on the root of you SD Card (as well as V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh).

Install this: https://play.google....G1hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Open SManager, find the folder you added there, open 'StartMeUp.sh', tap on Su, then 'Run', follow the instructions.

Then do the same, but with 'V6_SuperCharger_......7.sh', follow the instructions.

That's it! :)

Would it be possible to merge this into future updates?

Guest Hayden3430

does it have a option to lock launcher in memory

coz i constantly get launcher redraws even when the app is not killed

You haven't got 'Don't Keep Activities' Enabled have you?

Guest vNa5h

You haven't got 'Don't Keep Activities' Enabled have you?

no man...

if that was the case...

then all apps should behave similarly

besides i get redraws randomly and isnt that frequent...

i have long press back key kill app enabled...maybe that may be the case...

nice thing that konstst increased the long press duration for killing

Guest matcho13579

dude, should i change the pdf file to .sh file?

Sure

Yes, no redraws from yesterday, when I SuperCharged my phone :)

Oh, I forgot - when you will be supercharging your phone, I recommend option 5 (it's not too agressive as well as not too soft)

@KonstaT - Is there an option to add the script to your future updates? You know, if everyone will be updating the phone with the newer version of your ROM, the effect of V6 script will lose and we will have to do it again...what do you think? :)

Edited by matcho13579

Guest styrofoam

Styrofoam, Just guessing, but try FasterGPS from Play.

Thanks fema!

You don't have a GEN3 Blade, right?

Not, no GEN3 Blade!

It's annoying, I use Locus for Géocaching, every day!

Edited by styrofoam

Guest vNa5h

@KonstaT - Is there an option to add the script to your future updates? You know, if everyone will be updating the phone with the newer version of your ROM, the effect of V6 script will lose and we will have to do it again...what do you think? :)

+1 to that

Guest matcho13579

Hello,

how could I install apps on SD Cart ?

Thanks

Install an app as usual and then you can move it to SD card via Titanium Backup for example

Guest Nikola86BG

Hello,

how could I install apps on SD Cart ?

Thanks

You can do it easily with apps like App2SD (plenty of them on the market, some have an option for batch migration, some don't).

Since you are asking this question, I have one of my own: are you rooted at all, why the question in this thread if you don't use this rom? I guess you don't, since everyone who can do everything needed for installing this rom knows how to move apps to SD.

Or maybe you are asking about the methods like link2sd and s2e, but didn't ask your question well?

Guest .Xam

Hello KonstaT!

My center clock somtimes glitch with the 6.7 rom. I think with your 4.7 rom it doesnt glitch, but i cant remember ... ^^

And i cant find your new option:

added MIUI-style battery bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Status bar, thanks to Spitemare)

I have only this three option at screenshot? Or am I at wront setting?

But so far great Rom! Thanks!

post-979492-0-63430500-1341748359_thumb.

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks fema!

Not, no GEN3 Blade!

It's annoying, I use Locus for Géocaching, every day!

well, what konstat was talking about in that post only applies to gen3 blades.

you could try editing your gps.conf, there is a thread over on xda on how to improve gps reception.

Guest Nikola86BG

you could try editing your gps.conf, there is a thread over on xda on how to improve gps reception.

If I'm not mistaken, the thread on XDA explains you how to do exactly the same thing the fastergps does.

Guest KonstaT

GPS still not working, but when i need GPS, i'm restoring MMHMPRLS9 from backup, it's only 6 minutes. After navigating i turn back to KonstaKANG CM9 - another 6 minutes from backup. It isn't a problem for me once time mounthly.

I looked at the log you posted and it showed nothing interesting (other than your beatiful widgets crashed several times and one of your apps has a flurryagent that sends out data). It just fails to start navigation with no further clues why.

There's still one thing to try but I need to recompile some stuff for that (due to the missing libloc.so in GEN3). I'll post a patch for you (or someone else with GEN3) to try sometime later.

If it does, it doesn't work anyway. Afaik ICS doesn't load app ADJs from build.prop (and btw it actually even states that in the supercharger thread where there are accurate instructions how to install it on ICS/JB = patch services.jar).

Use a launcher that has an option to keep it in the memory (e.g. Apex).

Not going to happen. This ROM was designed to reduce the amount of crap that comes with CM9 - not to add more.

V6 script is nothing but a complicated way to change minfree values. I guess if you rebrand something to superhyperfantastic and hype it enough, people will think it does something amazing.

If you want to change minfree values, just echo them directly into /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree. If you want preserve those values after every ROM update, place a script that does that into /data/local/userinit.d/.

My center clock somtimes glitch with the 6.7 rom. I think with your 4.7 rom it doesnt glitch, but i cant remember ... ^^

And i cant find your new option:

I have only this three option at screenshot? Or am I at wront setting?

Glitches how? Nothing's changed with center clock between 4.7. and 6.7.

Choose any other language in the world. It's because someone has translated the arrays into deutch instead of using translatable strings.

Guest styrofoam

Ok, so it's good! I installed FasterGPS, I will try! thanks! :-)

Guest mum1989
Not going to happen. This ROM was designed to reduce the amount of crap that comes with CM9 - not to add more.

Thanks ! I'm agree with you.

Guest Snap.IT

I looked at the log you posted and it showed nothing interesting (other than your beatiful widgets crashed several times and one of your apps has a flurryagent that sends out data). It just fails to start navigation with no further clues why.

There's still one thing to try but I need to recompile some stuff for that (due to the missing libloc.so in GEN3). I'll post a patch for you (or someone else with GEN3) to try sometime later.

Heh, just copying the libloc.so from your rom solved the problem, my gen3 GPS works now. :)

I installed your rom, installed the gen3 patch, restored /system/lib/hw to CM9 files and copied the libloc.so from CM9 to /system/lib and that works.

I made a quick edit in the updater-script (so it doesn't delete libloc.so, gps.blade.so and gps.goldfish.so) and removed /lib/system/hw from the patch zip file so i won't have to manually change it when updating, here's a link to the changed script if anyone needs it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54672755/M-MHMP-RLS9-GEN3-CM9.zip

Guest KonstaT

Heh, just copying the libloc.so from your rom solved the problem, my gen3 GPS works now. :)

I installed your rom, installed the gen3 patch, restored /system/lib/hw to CM9 files and copied the libloc.so from CM9 to /system/lib and that works.

I made a quick edit in the updater-script (so it doesn't delete libloc.so, gps.blade.so and gps.goldfish.so) and removed /lib/system/hw from the patch zip file so i won't have to manually change it when updating, here's a link to the changed script if anyone needs it: https://dl.dropbox.c...S9-GEN3-CM9.zip

Great. :) There's actually quite a few more GEN3 GPS libs that are included in stock based ROMs but not here (libloc_api.so, libloc_api-rpc-qc.so and libloc_ext.so at least). I was thinking of compiling gps.blade.so that links to the GEN3 libs instead of the missing libloc.so but that saved me the effort. ;)

So everything with GPS works now ok? You can turn it on and off?

Guest Snap.IT

Great. :) There's actually quite a few more GEN3 GPS libs that are included in stock based ROMs but not here (libloc_api.so, libloc_api-rpc-qc.so and libloc_ext.so at least). I was thinking of compiling gps.blade.so that links to the GEN3 libs instead of the missing libloc.so but that saved me the effort. ;)

So everything with GPS works now ok? You can turn it on and off?

I've meddled with the files before, both from stock rom and from the GEN3 patch but i've never been able to get the correct files in place before though, not on CM7 and not on CM9 either. :)

It works perfect now, tried it with google maps and when it's on it only takes seconds to find a sattelite, when it's off it asks you to enable it.

It actually works much better than it ever did with stock or SSRLS7, i'm indoors and i've never been able to use it indoors before. :D

Guest pankajtejawat

Kernel should support swap. Copying the script from burstlam's to /system/etc/init.d/ should enable swap partition automatically on boot.

Thanks very much KontaT... it worked for me :)

Guest KonstaT

I've meddled with the files before, both from stock rom and from the GEN3 patch but i've never been able to get the correct files in place before though, not on CM7 and not on CM9 either. :)

It works perfect now, tried it with google maps and when it's on it only takes seconds to find a sattelite, when it's off it asks you to enable it.

It actually works much better than it ever did with stock or SSRLS7, i'm indoors and i've never been able to use it indoors before. :D

Could you test this (mobile signal, mobile data, GPS)? I updated the libs from the newer Moldovan release 4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B19 (at least RIL is different). Might add it to the first post and add "official" GEN3 support if everything works fine. :)

CM9-GEN3.zip

http://www.mediafire...sux7bcaavu5tbot

md5:8c84afc309df0dba22ec5898032b8253

Guest Snap.IT

Could you test this (mobile signal, mobile data, GPS)? I updated the libs from the newer Moldovan release 4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B19 (at least RIL is different). Might add it to the first post and add "official" GEN3 support if everything works fine. :)

CM9-GEN3.zip

http://www.mediafire...sux7bcaavu5tbot

md5:8c84afc309df0dba22ec5898032b8253

After installation i cannot connect to service provider, no mobile data, emergency calls only. I've tried replacing the gen3 files with the comviq stock rom files which were newer before but i got the same result then, i don't know why that is. :(

I reverted with the patch i linked before and now everything is working again. :)

Guest bhush

@konstaT

application download progress in percentage/size not showing in notification bar.

one another request,can you provide notification bar transparency settings.

thanks

Guest KonstaT

After installation i cannot connect to service provider, no mobile data, emergency calls only. I've tried replacing the gen3 files with the comviq stock rom files which were newer before but i got the same result then, i don't know why that is. :(

I reverted with the patch i linked before and now everything is working again. :)

Well, lets not update the libs then. :P I added a new version with the good old Moldovan libs to the first post. Thanks again for everything. :)

CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3.zip

http://www.mediafire...f3yukhcn7woh3de

md5:827b554fe54979c8d13dfd52767f7261

@konstaT

application download progress in percentage/size not showing in notification bar.

one another request,can you provide notification bar transparency settings.

thanks

Download progress should be displayed in the notification area.

Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Status bar transparency

Guest Snap.IT

Well, lets not update the libs then. :P I added a new version with the good old Moldovan libs to the first post. Thanks again for everything. :)

CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3.zip

http://www.mediafire...f3yukhcn7woh3de

md5:827b554fe54979c8d13dfd52767f7261

Yup, don't fix it if it's not broken. ;)

Happy to be of some help and thank you, this got my gen3 working when i had almost given up trying. :)