[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, thanx for all the great work.

Running your rom without problems and I really like it. Hopefully Qualcomm will develop the OpenMax drivers so we'll have ful HW-support.

Qcomm have already said No to OpenMax.

Guest Shang Al Rahim

Hi is anyone getting the time wrong on this rom, im in england gen2 windows updated phone got latest rom on 20120706, with automatic date and time and automatic time zone my phones showing 1hour 20mins less than it is, I.E posting this at 23.35 my phone says 22.15

+1

I'm in Hungary with gen3 Wayteq Libra with 9-20120706-KonstaKANG-Blade+gen3patch, this morning my phone wakeing me at 06:50, because it thing the time is 06:30. Automating time zone and automatic date/time is checked on. All of my other phone working properly with goog time setting (two old sony-ericson). When I rebooted my mobile the time is changed to good value! Any idea?

Guest KonstaT

My phone is being woken up every few minutes, how can I check what app causes it?

BetterBatteryStats

Eli asensin ton sun LOISTAVAN konstakang 4.0.4 mutta ois yksipikkiriikkinen ongelma.. eli tarvitsisin jakaa interneti wifi hotspottina niin onko mitään hyvää sovellusta tai jotain kikkaa millä saa sen toimimaan...

WiFi Tether for Root Users

Hello KonstaT,

I'm an user of the Polish forum forum.android.com.pl

I've posted Your work on our Forum and I'm using it, but, I have a request from our User, option to resize the nav bar. Your ROM is great and this option is uselful, i'm using the nav bar @ dpi 200 and it's look good, but resized it can look perfect !

Can You add this feature ?

Regards, Djalo

Like I've already stated couple of times - I'm not adding any new features. Only what's in the gerrit/gets merged into CM9 will included.

@everyone

Please read: Private messages requesting help

If you have questions, please post them in this thread. Private messages with general tech support questions/feature requests etc will be ignored or forwarded to public forums.

Oops, I was so happy to find the commit I was talking about from the depths of my bookmarks and didn't realize it wasn't what you were asking for. :P

;)

If you can find me a commit that I can simply cherry-pick then it's fine, as long as I don't have to write a single line of code. ;)

I cant find a commit because I dont know for what I should search ;) I could give you a link from a ROM where is it included, but I think that doesn't help ^^

And I know that's hard work to add features in a ROM and if you don't need / want this back button ends call "feature" than is that okay, no problem :) I can life without that :D

Guest elrond_bs

I believe there is an option in Settings->Accessibility for the Power button to end ongoing call, it is almost the same as what you want.

Guest Cyclothunder

Is there a way to have upnp working?

i can't use any app with this functionality because it force closes :(

Am i the only one who with problems with these kind of apps? :(

Guest DVDeus

Regarding camera responsiveness; can it be faster, like in GB roms?

Anything on that matter?

I also found out, that the device restarts when I choose ringtone with "android system", play it, and then turn screen off. Then it restarts, for I don't know what reason. It works with other browsers though, like Handcent.

Guest jimwormold

Is anybody else finding video playback unacceptably choppy? I tried to watch a film I'd downloaded from play yesterday, and it ran at about 2fps (yes two)! I also notice that films I have on my sd-card which are lower resolution, are also jerky.

This wasn't an issue on CM7 - is there something I can do to improve this? I've tried overclocking, forcing GPU, dithering off, 16bit transparency on etc. Is this likely to be something that will improve or should I just get used to the face that I won't be able to watch films on this phone?

Thanks,

Jim

Guest kumel

is it mine, or does this rom consume alot of memory...fresh install with no apps memory was around 180.

Edited by kumel

Guest maff91

Is anybody else finding video playback unacceptably choppy? I tried to watch a film I'd downloaded from play yesterday, and it ran at about 2fps (yes two)! I also notice that films I have on my sd-card which are lower resolution, are also jerky.

This wasn't an issue on CM7 - is there something I can do to improve this? I've tried overclocking, forcing GPU, dithering off, 16bit transparency on etc. Is this likely to be something that will improve or should I just get used to the face that I won't be able to watch films on this phone?

Thanks,

Jim

Have you been using the gallery video player or a separate app, because the gallery app doesn't work too good

Edited by maff91

Guest targetbsp

should I just get used to the face that I won't be able to watch films on this phone?

This. See known issues on post 1. ARMv6's inability to play back video under ICS is practically famous! :D

is it mine, or does this rom consume alot of memory...fresh install with no apps memory was around 180.

Yep. :( Pretty much the only reason I still use GB. I play a lot of games and need the RAM.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest elrond_bs

About video playback: hardware decoding, as you know, will never work on ICS for blade. Software decoding on this ROM is good. I have a few test video clips (different codecs, ect.) that I used to test video playback with software decoding on different 2.2 and 2.3 ROMs, and the results for this ROM are very slightly worse than Swedish Snow (which is one of the best). The ROM, with a little overclock (650-690Mhz) is capable of playing dvd rip fluently (~1500 average bitrate, 624x352 to 720x304, Divx/Xvid with mp3 or ac3 audio). Other codecs like AVC or x264 are not playable, except on very low resolution.

Guest jimwormold

@taregtbsp and @ elrond_bs - thanks for the replies. I'll attempt some more aggressive overclocking, but will resign myself to not being able to watch Play movies - oh how will I ever cope?

Apart from that, I've been very impressed with both the stability and responsiveness of this ROM on the blade. Quite remarkable really.

Jim

Guest vNa5h

The ROM, with a little overclock (650-690Mhz) is capable of playing dvd rip fluently (~1500 average bitrate, 624x352 to 720x304, Divx/Xvid with mp3 or ac3 audio).

Divx/xvid(avi) was not supported for hardware decoding in gb too

Guest MinaItse

I installed that 15th july version... and by default now in notification drawer options it don't seem to have togle options of 3G/2G, mobiledata on/off... and I can't find / don't remember, where / how to add those togle-options in that menu too?

Edited by MinaItse

I installed that 15th july version... and by default now in "screen upper side swift menu" it don't seem to have togle options of 3G/2G, mobiledate on/off... and I can't find / don't remember, where / how to add those togle-options in that menu too?

Do you mean the Notification Power widget?

To add/removes toggles go to System>Notification Drawer>Widget Buttons :)

Guest MinaItse

Do you mean the Notification Power widget?

To add/removes toggles go to System>Notification Drawer>Widget Buttons :)

yes, thanx - wish those settings could be made somehow with in the notification drawer itself, so without going to system menu ;)

and I use finnish as the user interface language, so somehow didn't find that setting - maybe summer heat :blush: . thanx.

how you others feel, would it be best to have those mobiledata-, 2g/3g-options in that notification area by default in new rom versions, if Konsta could add them? at least I use them regularly to save battery.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest Snap.IT

yes, thanx - wish those settings could be made somehow with in the notification drawer itself, so without going to system menu ;)

and I use finnish as the user interface language, so somehow didn't find that setting - maybe summer heat :blush: . thanx.

how you others feel, would it be best to have those mobiledata-, 2g/3g-options in that notification area by default in new rom versions, if Konsta could add them? at least I use them regularly to save battery.

There is a button for system settings in the notification power widget, if you want to change a setting you go to settings, pretty logical if you ask me.

Everyone wants their own settings and they persist through updates so it's fine as it is since you only have to change the settings once.

I just enable all buttons and sort them in order of importance.

Guest diogomatos

Hi, i've been using the tilals rom but i gave this one a chance and i'm quite amazed.

Although, i'm having two problems... The first, is that sometimes the notification bar dont show up the power widget (which hapenned on the Tilal's ROM aswell).

The second one is that the Home button simply dont work :/

Anyone else facing these issues?

Edited by diogomatos

Guest cartmanotat

I just send this message to Qualcomm. Maybe i'm a dreamer...

" All people requiring this driver (Open max ARMv6) are geeks. But geeks are a very good advertising. If you deliver this driver, 20 000 -/+ geeks will advise devices with Qualcomm processors. Everyone believe us in this area, we can easily make a bad image as a very good.Please, you know what you have to do ..."

Guest Sulthekk

I just send this message to Qualcomm. Maybe i'm a dreamer...

" All people requiring this driver (Open max ARMv6) are geeks. But geeks are a very good advertising. If you deliver this driver, 20 000 -/+ geeks will advise devices with Qualcomm processors. Everyone believe us in this area, we can easily make a bad image as a very good.Please, you know what you have to do ..."

Well, for me that sounds like some small err, how do you english people call it, 'blackmail'? I don't think it could have any positive effect...