[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest minifig

Does the latest version (22-07) work fine? because my phone doesnt boot with it...

Same problem here. I've tried clearing caches, but that doesn't work.

Went back to previous version which went smoothly.

Guest MinaItse

Hello guys!

Could anybody to upload wallpaper (small black cells) from this ROM?

Thank you!

Wallpapers in this rom seems to be those among ICS default wallpapers - and if you need them for Swedish Snow RLS6, you can find them with google pic search ("android ics wallpaper", "android 4 wallpaper",...).

Here are those same 3 pictures, that KonstaT has included in 1st message of this thread. (KonstaT's pics can only be seen with account and while logging in this site, but these can be seen all). I hope that KonstaT won't mind that I put them here visible for all too (so if it was KonstaT's purpose to show them just for people logged in here - or if he has not just noticed that. That same screnshot-visibility-"issue" is in KonstaT's newer CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 -thread with screenshots there - one can see them only after logging in here).

Due to the pic-site, I used for this, these screenshots will be available 25th july - 23rd september (60 days).

q0MK.jpg

Edited by MinaItse

Guest MinaItse

If someone can't get usb-tethering to work with this rom and Windows 7 / 8,

do this :

- connect Blade with usb-cable to Windows-computer, that has internet-connection

by some other means (blade's bluetooth internet sharing may work too)

- in blade in settings-menu at top, under wireless connections and networks, more... select Shared connection...

select (click) Internet connection sharing (connected with usb)... then maybe another click needed too...

Then in Windows:

- if Windows don't automatically install drivers (from Windows Update), do this

- in Start-menu open Control Panel and then Device Manager

- you will probably see devices with exclamation marks

(ZTE composite ADB interface ,Remote NDIS based internet sharing device or something like that),

click them with mouse 2nd button, select Propeties,

you surely see information that device don't work,

click Change settings and give systemmanager password (if you are not such),

then click update drivers... Windows will update them from Windows update

If you use Windows 8, then you can find that Device Manager so that

- in classic destop move mouse pointer to leftbottom corner, there comes visible little desktop image,

click it with mouse 2nd button and you get menu with Device Manager in it too...

Then usb-tethering comes in use, so not reboot etc necessary.

Those Windows Update drivers for different oem-android-devices may be found here too, links at the end of this page

http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html

Edited by MinaItse

Guest Snap.IT

This rom is the best of the best of ICS roms and probably the only one that will stick with code until stable (apart from the obvious stuff).

I'm really happy running this rom, makes my blade a great device. That doesn't mean i won't test and yeah, i do test, but this is my daily driver.

Though i could compile it myself you have made the choices i would make and made one version that is excellent, i owe you big time.

It's gotten to the point where i might just have to look into the phone you will choose next because of it.

If you want a real nice one, the Alcatel One Touch 995 seems a-ok, i'm building for that one right now and it is the cheapest you'll get with that CPU, screen and memory.

I'm interested in what you think about it though, i can get one for less than one hundred euros.

Guest BadMan PimpY

It's gotten to the point where i might just have to look into the phone you will choose next because of it.

I was thinking the same thing

Guest doraft

This ROM is amazing, now my Blade is at least 3x faster than before with the stock eclair 2.1. It almost feels like having a new phone, you have my thanks!

Now if only someone could tell me how to get ICS multitask manager to the "underbar" and where to get/apply themes for this ROM? I would really appreciate it.

Guest Snap.IT

This ROM is amazing, now my Blade is at least 3x faster than before with the stock eclair 2.1. It almost feels like having a new phone, you have my thanks!

Now if only someone could tell me how to get ICS multitask manager to the "underbar" and where to get/apply themes for this ROM? I would really appreciate it.

Well the navbar, which i suppose you are talking about already has that by default, two squares on the right hand of the bottom screen?

You can go to settings - > themes and apply any theme you downloader that is compatible with the T-Mobile theme manager, you'll have to install them seperatly and you'll want themes that are compatible with ICS and the theme manager.

Note that it has to be for ICS or it will just somewhat work, it's hit and miss for other themes.

Personally i just use a different keyboard because i'm horrible with the normal keyboard so i need one that can set proximity according to my typing, only one i found was smart keyboard.

Guest doraft

There is a message icon and a browser icon, just like in the first post, but nothing with two squares.

Edited by doraft

Guest Snap.IT

There is a message icon and a browser icon, just like in the first post, but nothing with two squares.

Yeah, that would be in the navbar, if you choose to enable that you get it in there.

You can find it in settings > system > enable navbar.

Guest Snap.IT

Oh, really nice! Thank you.

Is there also a way to put the big circle icon with 6 squares to the navbar?

By the two squares i obviously mean the icon to the right, recent.

That is what it looks like and that is what it was designed to look like (the discussion was about an arrow into a square or as is, we decided as is)

But hey, make a fool out of yourself why don't you?

Guest helbybs

Hi,

I have a problem with the TPT method. I have a GEN2.

When I press and hold VOLUME UP and MENY keys while I power on, I'm blocked into the green Android......

So I use thispost-986230-0-56750100-1343278883_thumb., so I have 140 Mo of system, 2 Mo Cache and 314 Mo data

Would somebody could help me do the TPT or this method can also install CM9 without any firmware problem?

Guest Snap.IT

Hi,

When I press and hold VOLUME UP and MENY keys while I power on, I'm blocked into the green Android......

So I use thispost-986230-0-56750100-1343278883_thumb., so I have 140 Mo of system, 2 Mo Cache and 314 Mo data

Would somebody could help me do the TPT or this method can also install CM9 without any firmware problem?

Use a stock version and the windows flasher, leave the bat out for a good minute before inserting it and doing this.

Other than that... nope.

Guest helbybs

Use a stock version and the windows flasher, leave the bat out for a good minute before inserting it and doing this.

Other than that... nope.

How? where can I have a stock version and windows flasher?

Edited by helbybs

Guest vNa5h

Hi,

Other than that... nope.

using this i replaced recovery.img with custom recovery(v6.0.2) once...

but it flashed v3.0.x.x.

how was that possible

Guest helbybs

but it flashed v3.0.x.x.

how was that possible

I didn't understand

Guest Snap.IT

Please keep posts on topic and respectful to other members. Thank you.

P

My sincere apologies to KonstaT for posting while drunk, i really couldn't care less for others sensitivities being hurt but i messed up his thread and for that i am sorry.

Remember this kids.. don't post while drunk!

Guest Snap.IT

but it flashed v3.0.x.x.

how was that possible

The windows flasher replaces boot.img with a recovery.img, that's why you have to flash a recovery after booting the first time. You could just copy your recovery.img to boot.img and that would work fine.

So no, it's not magic. ;)

Guest doraft

By the two squares i obviously mean the icon to the right, recent.

That is what it looks like and that is what it was designed to look like (the discussion was about an arrow into a square or as is, we decided as is)

But hey, make a fool out of yourself why don't you?

What I wanted to ask was how to change this: http://www.upload.ee...545934/orig.jpg to look like this -> http://www.upload.ee...545935/modi.jpg

Guest helbybs

The windows flasher replaces boot.img with a recovery.img, that's why you have to flash a recovery after booting the first time. You could just copy your recovery.img to boot.img and that would work fine.

So no, it's not magic. ;)

Oh...that's no risk of break? I'll try this but where can I find the recovery.img and boot.img of KonstaKang

Guest Snap.IT

What I wanted to ask was how to change this: http://www.upload.ee...545934/orig.jpg to look like this -> http://www.upload.ee...545935/modi.jpg

Short answer is you can't, long answer is that it's possible to add it to options for navbar and you could do that if you want to but not via settings in this ROM.

If you have the ROM where it's available it might be a quick and dirty fix to just use that code but there is no guarantee that it'll work or even look ok.

Guest Snap.IT

Oh...that's no risk of break? I'll try this but where can I find the recovery.img and boot.img of KonstaKang

That's a dirty question if there ever was one, of course there is a risk involved, there always is and i will NEVER say that it won't break your phone.

It might.

You can use any recovery.img you want and put it on your phone as both boot.img and recovery.img, it doesn't really matter since it (boot partition) will be overwritten when you install your first ROM.

I use Amon_RA recovery, you might want to use CWM or even TW, i dunno, but either way, you just copy it to the files directory in the windows flasher directory and that will work great on all phones except for GEN3 blades where nothing but stock options work and no other recovery but the 5.0.2.0 or the Amon_RA recovery works.