[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Ganster

Update for my ROM :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17255325/Android/cm-9-20121027-GansterKANG-blade.zip

1. Browser fixed (webkit builds not correctly on Linaro toolchain);

2. Video from camera plays correct in gallery(thumbnails are still not generates, I think its google software codec incompatibility with that videos);

3. Fixed switch HQ/LQ in YouTube:

4. Fixed hardware video encoder. It not wery fast(~10 fps max), I think it CameraHAL slowdown.

For some fixes I disable hardware AAC decoder. It can't play videos, encoded by Qualcomm's encoder (LOL), and gives errors, when codec roconfigure. We need to fix Qualcomm LPA codecs on CM stagefright for hardware-side audio decoding.

Guest judas1977

I was using your previous release for a very short time (just to confirm that YT HQ works fine), but i saw that (i think) that build lacks some features included in last konstaT cm9 release (i.e. soft buttons), why?

Guest Ganster

Because nobody asked me how to apply KonstaT pathches to newer revisions of CM9 tree :)

And I deleted .repo folder, because I haven't free disk space for build CM9 with it.

You can consider it as developers-only build.

Ganster, I admire your work for the ZTE Blade, I'm going to use your ROM until there's something better (Like a Jelly Bean with your "patch"/solution).

Love your work, keep going!

HQ videos on youtube is awesome, and you made it possible, and it isn't even using the OMX libs, that's a big ass slap in the face for qualcomm ;)

Guest tilal6991

Ganster:

Once again I was wondering whether you could release your sources. I'm keen to port the code to cm10 and I'm have a bit of time to do so tomorrow.

Guest Ganster

I rewrite sources today, with correct formatting and defines, and when I check all again, I try to upload it to my github. For this I need to clone frameworks_base repo again, and merge my changes to it, because as I already told, I deleted my .repo folder. :wacko:

Guest TehStalker

You can download changed sources on my github. :)

More info you can find on XDA thread.

You are godlike, just wanted to let you know that. And as you mentioned on your XDA post, the UI does indeed seem unusually smooth for ICS on my end. Good work dude!

Guest haps.rehsi

Update for my ROM :)

https://dl.dropbox.c...rKANG-blade.zip

1. Browser fixed (webkit builds not correctly on Linaro toolchain);

2. Video from camera plays correct in gallery(thumbnails are still not generates, I think its google software codec incompatibility with that videos);

3. Fixed switch HQ/LQ in YouTube:

4. Fixed hardware video encoder. It not wery fast(~10 fps max), I think it CameraHAL slowdown.

For some fixes I disable hardware AAC decoder. It can't play videos, encoded by Qualcomm's encoder (LOL), and gives errors, when codec roconfigure. We need to fix Qualcomm LPA codecs on CM stagefright for hardware-side audio decoding.

hi. I tried your rom. its great. everythin works except the browser, facebook and gmail dont load anything, they jus stay blank. how can i fix that?

@Ganster

Many thanks for providing the source code! Gonna try on my paranoid ICS rom. Will report back.

Works a treat. I can't believe it :D

Will test some more to look for any potential side effects. Thanks again!

Edited by C3C0

Guest KonstaT

You can download changed sources on my github. :)

More info you can find on XDA thread.

I did a test build yesterday and seems to work great. Well done! :)

You should probably upload this to CM gerrit for review. I'll try set up CTS later and see if this still breaks compatibility.

You should probably upload this to CM gerrit for review. I'll try set up CTS later and see if this still breaks compatibility.

It would be quite interesting to see if the Blade could have a build passing CTS. But since this is quite a hack I think we still wouldn't have official builds.

Guest mum1989

Hmm sorry, you will probably update this CM9 or your KonstaKANG CM10 ?