[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Anyone managed to get Droidwall working properly on ICS/JB?

You must disable in "data usage" the option "mobile data limit" and it will work.

Sorry for my English

Edited by fuzzyy

You must disable in "data usage" the option "mobile data limit" and it will work.

Sorry for my English

Still not working :huh:

[Edit]

Blacklist works with this script :)

$IPTABLES -D OUTPUT -j droidwall

$IPTABLES -I OUTPUT2 -j droidwall

Edited by De@n

Guest cowscrubber

Thanks to Ganster, I'm contemplating on whether or not to go back to this rom from JB. :D

JB and ICS are mostly similar anyway, and I want the ability to play HQ videos when needed.

Guest neothegod

:wacko:

My actions:

1. Take video from camera - OK:

2. Open DCIM/Camera folder in gallery, thumbnail for my video from previous step are missed(Software decoder can't extract it, because don't understand color format in that video);

3. Click on video icon - gallery already try to get thumbnail - FAIL;

4. Click on preloader - opens Video Player select dialog;

4. Select VIdeo Player(its embedded in gallery player) - video plays OK.

WTF? May be you wait playing on step 3? It never been, with any video file, just showing thumbnail :)

So, I see only thumbnails getting issue...

:D You are the real developer. Awesome job done. Big slap on people who said that HQ/HD Youtube will never work on CM9. I am hopeful you or someone will be able to crack it for CM10 too. ;)

Edited by neothegod

Guest KonstaT

Its log of thubnail getting error. Try to click on loading animation after it ;)

Lol, how should I know you still need to poke it after that. I spent like three minutes testing... Works fine. :P

I have only one question: why not working speed test-apps.

Iirc it's the same issue with our device not populating /sys/class/net/usb0/. Few apps have issue with this.

Great work KonstaT for fixing Youtube HQ.

I did nothing to fix it. It was all Ganster.

Guest Majkl007

Ganster,

you did very great step to make ARMv6 devices useable for a years in future. Really thanks very much for your work. I hoped all the time sbd like you is alive :-)

Thanks very much and many greetings to UA. Keep your work as good as now.

Sry for my bad english - I'm ill and drunk (it didn't heal me :-( )

Guest Shiv Prajapati

It was fixed by Ganster. Please give credit to the actual person.

Is it really required to say this???...why you always tends to troll everywhere......as KonstaT already replied and given credt to Ganster....

Dont know what is your problem...I think you should read the post just above posted by KonstaT.

Guest Andrei Lisnic

No problems here

I changed the overclock from 806 Mhz to 768, and it seems to fix it.

That's strange, because I used the same frequency on other roms and didn't notice any instability issues.

Edited by Andrei Lisnic

Guest styrofoam

Hi KonstaT,

I don't know what happened, but since new build 29/09, the MMS works with the original sms app!

I dare not put the new version now afraid that it doesn't work! :-P

Thank you very much for your job! :-D

(Sorry for my very bad English!)

Guest masterlud

Does anyone know why some devices zte blade can be overclocked more than 768, and some do not, such as my sticks at 710. what causes this and if you can do something about it will share it with me . sorry for my bad english

Guest dreis911

Does anyone know why some devices zte blade can be overclocked more than 768, and some do not, such as my sticks at 710. what causes this and if you can do something about it will share it with me . sorry for my bad english

Maybe this will answer your question:

Guest TehStalker

Maybe this will answer your question: http://www.modaco.co...ost__p__2030967

Wearing out a CPU by overclocking, without increasing the voltage, is probably impossible. In any case, different phones will overclock differently because of very small imperfections in the production of the CPU and possibly other components. The situation is the same with normal PC processors, where pros will often hand pick a CPU that clocks exceptionally well in cooperation with the manufacturer.

AFAIK any blade should be able to do 690 mhz, or at least the step below that. I was extremely lucky, mine is rock stable at 748 mhz, and it can reach 806 as long as wifi is turned off. Turning on wifi almost instantly causes a freeze above 748 mhz for me.

Guest dreis911

Wearing out a CPU by overclocking, without increasing the voltage, is probably impossible. In any case, different phones will overclock differently because of very small imperfections in the production of the CPU and possibly other components. The situation is the same with normal PC processors, where pros will often hand pick a CPU that clocks exceptionally well in cooperation with the manufacturer.

AFAIK any blade should be able to do 690 mhz, or at least the step below that. I was extremely lucky, mine is rock stable at 748 mhz, and it can reach 806 as long as wifi is turned off. Turning on wifi almost instantly causes a freeze above 748 mhz for me.

I agree with you!

I only posted that link to simplify things, but here it goes:

You lose your phone above 748MHz is probably because (see the equation):

"OCing the CPU demands more Current" + "wifi pulls a lot of current too" = "voltage drop at CPU pins" (high current means loss of voltage in the PCB tracks)

So, the CPU is already working on the edge of the freq. the voltage allows, when you make that voltage drop because you switched the wifi ON.... Pufff the CPU collapses.

That's the ABC of electronics...

Guest frequence

Ganster, is this possible to make flashable zip file update for other CM9 roms? I mean with YT HQ "patch"?

Would like you know this aswell.

A zip Update for CM9 would be awesome.