[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sssingletrack

It definitely is.

On my blade it's faster and far more stable - no offense to burstlam, his work is great and I already paid him my respects.

It's also bleeding edge, which means in particular that it already contains the airplane wakelock corrective patch - burstlam's will obviously have it in its next update, but for now, it doesn't!

Be aware that you will lose all AOKP settings, though, this is - almost - pure CM9.

AOKP settings dont bother me too much anyway. I'll update now.

Guest irv003

re-partition your SD card via Windows (best SW for me is MiniTool Partition Wizard)

Ei, thanks!

Already found out the reason. I cannot enable ext partition using CMW but it was enabled using Rom Manager.

The Partition SD-ext is already set that's why it is 6.9gb. (+ 512mb for extension) = 7.4Gb (8Gb microSD)

Guest archish

Although it looks ok the phone wakes up as seen in the screenshot. The drop in battery percentage is high when I start using the phone. The battery drain is not actually flat during deep sleep as we believe but inaccurate.

Secondly I would like to have a clean deep sleep state which actually helps the battery life. On GB the deep sleep didn't have any wakes in the middle which really showed in terms of battery life.

Mmm I get the partial wake thing, but honestly I can't see any impact on your battery level in the provided screenshot?

Every drop corresponds to heavy usage, with screen on an most of the time wifi as well...

In case you would like to try another app, I'm using Alarm clock plus, and it really works great.

Edited by archish

Guys any suggestion to fix the alarm manager from eating the battery. Its causing partial wake.

AlarmManager is not related to the clock app!!! It records the intents and the actual wake ups on the phone caused for apps like the android.gsf or gtalk trying to reconect.

Guest KonstaT

Any thoughts on how to get wifi hotspot working with ICS? USB and Bluetooth tether don't work with my android netbook, even when using a third party app.

Can anyone help?

I've used WiFi Tether for Root Users, works fine for me.

Hello KonstaT, very nice rom.

Do you plan to integrate an ad blocker in the rom, as in the Swedish Snow? It would be great !

No reason to add AdFree hosts file. CM9 has a script that will backup/preserve hosts file during ROM updates. Just install AdFree from the play shop, let it install the hosts file (you can even uninstall the app after that) and you don't have to install the file again after every update.

i install the last rom 2062012 at my zte blade

i have this problem...i have setting all sound at max...when someone call me phone ringing the ringtone is at 50% of

volume

i press volume + to increase to max but after next call ring volume go to 50%

pls help me if i do something wrong...

thanks

Disable 'safe headset volume' under sound settings. That sorted it for me. I think there is an issue with headphones not being recognized correctly on our device.

I personally don't like so much, that certain texts are with very tiny size numbers / letters in Android 4 -or in apps in this ROM, like for example in the list of calls the numbers of callers under the names - could it be possible to make those numbers to show with bigger size? Or what do you others think about that?

In the power options menu I can now separately tap on/off several power-options, but came to my mind that would it be possible to include there somehow functionality to define power-option-sets, at least two sets, for to tap on/off several power-options with just one tap?

Settings -> System -> Font size

You can do most of those things using profiles feature already included in CM9.

I feel the wifi signal is weaker in ics not sure why anyway I tried the speed test app to check but it FC, anyone else has been able to use the app?

Doesn't work for me either (would have actually needed it on the weekend).

Guest KonstaT

New build. Quite a bit of new code has been merged into CM9 during the weekend but nothing much worth mentioning.

cm-9-20120624-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...vaf47bk8vaq525d

md5:e3c62770840ca478146a01c2ac6c520d

-added option to use VOLUME UP as camera shutter button, press to focus - release to take the photo, start/stop video recording (Camera -> Settings -> Volume shutter)

-added option to exit to home screen after call instead of call log (Phone -> Settings -> Exit to home screen, ported from AOKP)

-set back key kill app delay to 1500ms

-updated terminal emulator

Guest DMM88

Hey KonstaT,

Could you help me plesase? As you have more knowlogde of what roms are available for the blade and what we can do with each one... Do you know if there is a ROM with an option to boost in-call volume?

Thanks.

Guest sami_22

-added option to use VOLUME UP as camera shutter button, press to focus - release to take the photo, start/stop video recording (Camera -> Settings -> Volume shutter)

Very good thing !

Could we hope to see the center clock option in the next build ?

Guest matcho13579

New build perfect for now, keep up great work! :)

Could you add features to your next build listed below?

- Use volume keys as cursor when typing

- Option to edit function of HW keys when long pressed

- Option to turn on/off SMS characters' counter (I mean full counter - from 160 to 0)

Thanks!

Guest matcho13579

Thanks for the update konstat. Is there any patch to disable the home/menu/back button backlight?

There's no need to patch this. You can simply disable it in automatic backlight settings (when editing light levels)

Guest archish

There's no need to patch this. You can simply disable it in automatic backlight settings (when editing light levels)

Are you referring to buttons value? I have set it to 0 still there is backlight

Are you referring to buttons value? I have set it to 0 still there is backlight

Setting them to 0 in the backlight settings works for me.

However I think that certain applications can override this setting in some circunstances: could this be in your case?

Apart from this, many thanks for the update, KonstaT ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

Hey KonstaT,

Could you help me plesase? As you have more knowlogde of what roms are available for the blade and what we can do with each one... Do you know if there is a ROM with an option to boost in-call volume?

Thanks.

I don't think that any ROM has an option to boost in-call audio. You should use some third party app to do that. There's already several threads about boosting volume if you search the forum.

Very good thing !

Could we hope to see the center clock option in the next build ?

We'll see. I'm not too keen on adding things that could/should be included in CM9 as default. I'm sure that center clock will included at some point anyway.

Could you add features to your next build listed below?

- Use volume keys as cursor when typing

- Option to edit function of HW keys when long pressed

- Option to turn on/off SMS characters' counter (I mean full counter - from 160 to 0)

-This option is already included.

-Why? Every hardware key already has a suitable long press function defined (and there really isn't any other functions you could even assign).

-Again why? It works brilliantly as is, you really don't need to know how many characters you have left unless you're close of running out/writing several messages. Option would be an overkill but the counter could be possibly shown the whole time instead.

My ZTE Blade have 256 RAM. How turn off some app to run?

Settings -> Developer options -> Background process limit ?

Guest thanasis00

very nice work! this rom is very fast and stable! I have one question, do i have to do a full wipe, to update to the latest version? I installed the 2062012 yesterday, and im not in the mood of doing a full wipe again!

Thanks!

Guest leripe

very nice work! this rom is very fast and stable! I have one question, do i have to do a full wipe, to update to the latest version? I installed the 2062012 yesterday, and im not in the mood of doing a full wipe again!

Thanks!

you only "need" to wipe cache if you are just flashing to newer version of the same rom and devs usually mention if you need to do a full wipe when upgrading.

Guest derpy

How can I return to Gingerbread. I have installed this rom and ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 and the backup that I have made was in clockworkMod 3.0.2.4 and i can't reinstall my previous rom (EliteMovil Blade 2.3.4 (R7).

Thanks for your help

Guest sami_22

We'll see. I'm not too keen on adding things that could/should be included in CM9 as default. I'm sure that center clock will included at some point anyway.

-This option is already included.

Ok I'll wait...

We must enable somethings for control the cursor xith the volume botton ? Because it isn't working for me...

Guest Guula

Ok I'll wait...

We must enable somethings for control the cursor xith the volume botton ? Because it isn't working for me...

You can put it on from android keyboard settings.

Guest Cyclothunder

I have installed this rom for a tryout. Erased sdcard and created a 512mb partition.

The problem is when i go to Settings -> Partition info, i get /sd-ext unavailable :-(

I repartitioned the card again and still remains unavailable. What am i doing wrong?

PS: Damn, this rom feels faster! :)