Guest weckl

Guest weckl

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdtcgej4ilodz2y/U8818-Bones-6.15.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10f5oi0vyp4ov7a/AllBackup.apk

All credit to:

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5266104-1-1.html

Google translator features:

ROM:

B890 B892 Huawei U8818 B880-based in-depth optimization.

The first screen automatically modify the the Huawei black chrysanthemum, so you get rid of the "Wo wo troubles ~ (amended to read SIM card error)

Change the second screen, also you can not see the trace of Unicom.

Strong streamline ROM comes with software, custom software, all running light ~

Joined Sony imaging engine to reduce noise when taking pictures.

Change the default font, let it become more "plump"

Optimization framework for its APP content, power and more smoothly.

Minor landscaping, adding power percentage (reduction package) to join the people to do the HOST file, the shield 99% of the ad ~

0.84 version (this version, no upgrade) add the ultimate desktop replacement Huawei Desktop

Join INIT.D support, add a personal common optimization script. Small excellent run more smooth (the IPV4 protocol optimization, zipalign optimized, SD Card cache size to optimize)

UC browser add commonly used software (after opening the software, and support for my work. Thank you) (open I will have to obtain donated software, Baidu input method, the incoming call, the EU Ban browser dolphins browser , thank you)

Upgrade to the firmware of Huawei B892 (to solve the shift on the screen need to brush the official ROM)

Enhance the database I / O speed. Strengthen the effect of camera shooting. Joined the U8818's call was recorded. Amendments to modify the lead in the first screen to read the SIM card. To strengthen the signal. Joined the kernel optimization script.

There are more advantages and features you found ~

Brush into the way to see the Forum Sticky posts.

Edited by weckl

Guest weckl

I got stucked at Huawei Logo but I had a previuous ROM with some weird partition scheme. I managed to flash it right though after reflashing the ROM twice and fix permisions. Seems to work fine though. Altough its size is very small is a complete ROM.

Edited by weckl

Are you sure its only a patch working on mine? no data but all else seem to be working. Keyboard is baidu Input but if you click the left looks like bears face you can select english.

weckl You remind me the guys out of

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey but doing it on the net with all the roms etc :D

Edited by G300

Guest weckl

Are you sure is working? ? In my phone it get stucked on huawei logo. Thats why i removed inmmediately the link. I'll try to flash again.

Edited by weckl

Guest weckl

Oh ok...working ...but I had to apply the flash twice... maybe previous ROM I had different partition scheme .... Is a very light and fast rom with Launcher Pro as Launcher. Seems very fast to me, and very well optimized...have some warez ;-) Titanium Backup works from scratch fine... have a very useful app to record voice calls LOL

I'll post the link again but be warned...maybe someone could explain to me why I got stuck logo after flashing this...I don't know exactly what I did , but after reflash the ROM it worked..so G300 says is not a patch (for the small size seems a patch ) but is not...is a ROM on its own.

Edited by weckl

Guest weckl

Is data working for you Weckl was not working for ne.

Sorry can't try data as still dont have data plan. I'll have my new data plan SIM card next monday.

Guest weckl

Yes it is. And working fine. Very fast from scratch. I hope this to not have weird spyware or something. Nice and fast launcher: Launcher Pro.

Edited by weckl

Guest weckl

This ROM seems to have a nice improvement:

"Amendments to modify the lead in the first screen to read the SIM card. To strengthen the signal."

I'll test it and I hope to see improvement in the signal strength.

Guest Davidoff59

Weckl, is there any chance you could check logcats for any security breaches before posting them please? For some reason,some Chinese roms like to use data collection. This will generally show up in a log. The issue is that people can come on, flash it and have no idea about what may be going on in the background but because its posted here, they may think its automatically safe.

I have looked at those sites extensively since I first bought the phone but haven't flashed any and didn't share. For those who may think I am over reacting, Modaco removed a post in the blade forum which contained a Chinese Rom due to data transmission off the phone with no opt in or opt out.

When questions started being raised about data collection, instead of one site being sent data, the rom was updated and upto 5 sites were then being sent data. This happened despite plenty of questions and concerns posted on the developers forum itself where the link was originally found about what was being collected and why.

This same data gathering is conducted in some brilliant Chinese apps on the market.

While this data gathering may be purely for improvement purposes, if you don't know its happening and can't opt out and you have to read logs to find it, then that raises issues. I have seen these logs being sent myself and its not just one instance of it being sent, you will see multiple issues of it.

Anyone wants to see it in action for themselves, I can recommend a few official android market apps that do it, I just wont be posting them publicly nor taking any responsibility for sharing them if you ask for them.

Agreed!

It is good what weckl is doing,and it is appreciated,but now there are around 10 chinese roms on this forum and nobody knows for sure they are safe to use,this can easily get messy.How many have already installed these roms,and potentially compremised there security and personal data ? I myself found a suspicious folder called data_out on my sd card with files called sms data and call data,looking into those files revealed chinese characters!

Guest weckl

Ok. I just installed Logcat extreme in my g300 and I'll play along during a week or so before posting new roms in search of weird behaviour.Anyway trying to fight against this is useless for average users cause if you didnt know There are rumors (dont know if is true or not) that says Huawei tech is indeed chinese military tech. GOOGLE who the founder of huawei is.

http://freebeacon.com/huawei-too-dangerous/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/08/northrop_grumman_china_pla/

You should be more worried of the fact you have purchased "chinese military" hardware instead of the roms itself. Afterall we're all spyied like it or not. But I'll do as you say.

Edited by weckl

Guest Davidoff59

Huawei tech has been around a while. I'm not concerned. Governments are concerned probably incase backdoors are left in any national network infrastructure that they install. We are of zero benefit to the Chinese military and I'm sure Vodafone have done their checks.

Governments are taking a just in case approach and national security is a total different ball game. There are ways of protecting most data on your phone but most will see the roms posted here, hosted on a European site and think its safe.

Please don't think I'm being awkward, as that isn't the case. I think I explained myself and the reasons relatively well.

I don't do any banking or secure stuff on my phone so I don't need to worry. However if your posting these roms and then saying ' Yes it is. And working fine. Very fast from scratch. I hope this to not have weird spyware or something. Nice and fast launcher: Launcher Pro.' then you have stated that you have security concerns yourself.

Guest weckl

Huawei tech has been around a while. I'm not concerned. Governments are concerned probably incase backdoors are left in any national network infrastructure that they install. We are of zero benefit to the Chinese military and I'm sure Vodafone have done their checks.

Governments are taking a just in case approach and national security is a total different ball game. There are ways of protecting most data on your phone but most will see the roms posted here, hosted on a European site and think its safe.

Please don't think I'm being awkward, as that isn't the case. I think I explained myself and the reasons relatively well.

I don't do any banking or secure stuff on my phone so I don't need to worry. However if your posting these roms and then saying ' Yes it is. And working fine. Very fast from scratch. I hope this to not have weird spyware or something. Nice and fast launcher: Launcher Pro.' then you have stated that you have security concerns yourself.

Ok . I'll try to test this somehow before posting...but I'll dont have the time to do it everytime... I prefer to post it and check it with the help of everyone on this forum... but if you say to stop uploding this ROMS or other chinese stuff I found in chinese forums just tell me so and I'll stop. I just want to share with you what I consider interesting for everyone in this forum.

And of course I have concerns of security ... thanks to you now I know that you can log weird behaviour. Didn't know , still don't know how to use those log apps... For the stuff I upload could seem I am an expert but I'm not....I'm very average user quite noob to say the least :-) Just trying to contribute with cool stuff in this forum.

Edited by weckl

Guest Davidoff59

I appreciate what your doing and I can't and I wont tell you to stop posting. Its not my site and I don't pretend to be a moderator.

People reading will now know there is a possible risk. If they flash, they flash at their own risk knowing the potentials.

How many people would have heard of it or been aware of the risks before this discussion? Probably not many. Your aware of the specifics because I told you what to look for.You wouldn't have found it as you can't read the logs.I wouldn't have been aware only due to previous issues in the blade forum.

I'm sharing knowledge others shared with me. People will still install regardless but that's their choice.

If you want, install dx toolbox free on android market and look at your logs and see what you find.

Guest weckl

Ok. Thanks for warning about this, had no idea about how potentially dangerous can a ROM be...I'll try Dx toolbox right away and try to test a lot new roms before posting. Thanks again.

Guest Davidoff59

I messaged you yesterday what to look for. Mobiclickagent.

Its a good idea to periodically scroll through a log. You get used to what's running so when something different is running, it really stands out and catches your attention.

Guest Davidoff59

I worded the bit about dx toolbox wrong. That app sends data itself. I sent it so you could see instances of mobiclickagent running so you would know what to look for.