Silicone case help

Guest fradleyp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick73

I have gone out and got a HTC One S case it goes in and does hold it, only problem is none of the holes are right, apart from camera hole but then again had to cut out hole for flash.

And there is a few mm around the inside so not the best but does do it for now.

Guest Roids

My San Diego arrived today. Love it. First impressions are how much faster it accesses wifi data compared to my San Francisco.

Anyway, I haven't bought a silicone case yet, but did a little bit of easy research on Google.

Assuming the San Diego has quoted dimensions 123 x 63 x 10 mm, the following phones have the exact same dimensions:

Samsung Galaxy S Advance

LG Optimus 2x

LG E730 Optimus Sol

None have the camera in the correct spot, but the LG Optimus 2x gets closest. Can't comment on access to any other phone buttons.

Yeah it is a major upgrade on the old san fran, even my g300 ain't got nothing on this device, it is a real pleasure to use.

Even this stock rom is nice apart from the bloat, but there is not much of that, I would settle just for root to freeze the bloat.

Can you imagine how fast the OSD will be with ICS on it!

Edited by Guest

Guest Patrick73

I have found out my old Galaxy S silicone case and it fits very well. only bad part is the camera hole is in the wrong place and does need a lot of cutting out done.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shootomanUK
Guest i am not a hacker
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem is that whoever makes these cases is doing it as a business to make money, so they can not invest there cash into a device that is not popular or rooted, depending on how you view it.

You could always approach a case maker about it, but I would suggest starting a poll to vote for cases, give a few options like jelly, hard, etc. Then when you approach the case maker, you give link to the poll topic so that they know they have customers, assuming there is enough who vote of course.

You can email case sellers on ebay if you wanted, you could even ask, how many orders would you need before you decided to make a case for a device?

Of course the seller may not necessarily be the maker, but may well have contact.

edit: I have emailed londonmagicstore to exlplain the above, worth a go, can only say yes or no ;)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Dedicated Silicone Case Alert!!!!

Credit to the poster on hotukdeals who posted a link to this dedicated 'Sikai' silicone case (plus 2 screen protectors), Amazon reseller:

http://www.hotukdeal...k-goods-1318846

EDIT: But the same seller is actually selling them on Ebay, £1 cheaper, if you search.

I am buying one this evening, will pass comment when it arrives. I expect it to be a good fit, but will probably render power button ever harder to press.

On a related note, I see we can now buy dedicated 'Martin Fields' screen protectors on Ebay for the OSD too. Pricey!

Edited by Roids

The pic doesnt look right,those buttons at the bottom cant be covered,we need them,in the pic they are but the case looks to narrrow at the bottom.

from the lcd to the bottom edge of phone must be in reality 20mm on the pic it looks less than 10mm,so whats going on?

Gaz