Phone not recieving SMS

Guest Prog_Drummer

Guest Prog_Drummer

HI

My phone has recently stopped receiving sms texts however I can still send them. When I put my sim into a different phone I can receive the texts.

I am on giffgaff and have followed the instructions here but it still doesn't work:http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/manual-roam/td-p/3345471

Using B885

Any ideas on getting this fixed?

Thanks

Edited by Prog_Drummer

Guest RussellS

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but if you go into the messaging settings there is a tick box for 'Auto-retreive' which is ticked on mine. Check if yours is ticked or not. To be honest I've never been into the messaging settings before because they normally just work.

Guest Prog_Drummer

Yeah 'Auto-retreive' is ticked

Edit: Just put my sim back in another phone and then back into my Huawei phone and everything now works. Still strange that it stopped working though, I hadn't fiddled with any of the settings...

Edited by Prog_Drummer

Guest Smiff2

hah, i had to switch sims (to another giffgaff sim oddly) and back before mine would connected to giffgaff at all. not sure what's going on. but seems ok now except for txts not always coming through for hours, but i think that's a gg network problem,

is everyone using the giffgaff apn app to set sms/mms settings?

also can't change voicemail number to 443, phone won't let me, anyone have that issue?

Guest RussellS

hah, i had to switch sims (to another giffgaff sim oddly) and back before mine would connected to giffgaff at all. not sure what's going on. but seems ok now except for txts not always coming through for hours, but i think that's a gg network problem,

is everyone using the giffgaff apn app to set sms/mms settings?

also can't change voicemail number to 443, phone won't let me, anyone have that issue?

My wife is on GiffGaff and I didn't have any problems with the network, just put the sim in and booted the phone and it connected to GiffGaff immediately. If I remember correctly I entered the apn settings manually because I had them written down.

With respect to the voicemail number, I can't change the number either. I have tried everything to no avail and it just stays on the o2 voicemail number which is 901.

There is a thread in the GiffGaff community forums about this exact issue here http://community.gif.../highlight/true

I have just tried the GiffGaff sim in a phone with CM7 installed and you can change the voicemail number just fine.

Another good reason to get CM7 ported over to the G300

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pritsey

Not getting SMS as well. I wonder if it's because I have large SMS threads?

SMS thread with my wife is over 700 messages, just deleted it and rebooted, might help...