not bricked but getting worse!

Guest sid8001

Guest razzmataz1478

Phone seems to be completely erased, no animation, no nothing just vibrates when turned on. and recognizes it as ADB. This happened to me when I tried to put the factory system via FTM

Can you see the backlight? i.e. the screen is on?

Guest storm_track

When use method menu+vol+ and power on with recovery , i see backlight and red arrow.Alfter phone get restarted.Only get red arrow and nothing more.No idea what shoul i try next , or just give away

Edited by storm_track

Guest storm_track

This is my scenario :( (volume+ menu and power)

dsc00001ab.jpg

After a while the phone restarts and does not launch anything

dsc00002tj.jpg

I tried two different Memory card is still the same story

Edited by storm_track

Guest iKrautDroid

Yeah. And I forgot to mention that I also have a TPT of stock 2.3.5 with original (stock) partition layouts.

ZTE Skate (unbranded), Android 2.3.5

Android: 2.3.5

Baseband: P743TB01

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build ID: ZTE-SKATEV1.0.0B01

http://ceco.sk.eu.or... ... 0.0B01.zip

MD5 Checksum: 6856dd0d5d23bd018bdc9ed221fe8e05

This one can be flashed the same way as Option 1 I mentioned in my previous post.

Thank you, that TPT brought my Touch scrren back from the dead!

Guest storm_track

The main problem is that I am unable to run TPT(also FTM) on the phone. As a non-existent. The battery is fully charged. I'll try something over Linux because I have a problem that we recognize the Windows 7 device.Is there a way to restore the system partition in case when all else fails?

Edited by storm_track

• 1 year later...
Guest skyrim99

flashed the phone twice, first with ZTE unbranded then with skatie custom rom....and touch screen still doesnt work...icons flash like im touching them and phone is unusable...any idea why?and how to fix that? 

thank you

Guest robneymcplum

reboot into CWM (ClockWorkMod) with the skatie ROM on your SD card. Do all the data wipes, factory resets, mount/format system etc... the 'install zip from sdcard' and select the skatie ROM on your sd card. Basically, re-do what you have already done but double check that everything was wiped/cleaned/cleared before trying it again just to make sure your current problem wasnt just a hiccup somewhere along the way. :)

Guest robneymcplum

Ah, I wrongly assumed you meant just the touchscreen element of the screen wasnt working, as in the screen lit up and worked but not for touch imput.

As for that to fix, I have no idea. Did it stop working during a flash or after a drop or anything?

Guest skyrim99

its my sister phone and i am trying to fix it, i dont know if it dropped her, ill ask....she just showed me that the phone is not working so i assumed that ppl here have the same problem...maybe its hardware...

Guest skyrim99

i can tell u how it looks like:

when i unlock phone, return back button is flashing red, ringer volume appears and it wont go away, some apps are running and i am trying to close them with the back button but they start as soon as i close them(for example, widget menu on the home screen, or when i somehow try to get into menu, calendar starts to run over and over again), you simply cant use the phone for anything

Guest skyrim99

thank you i will try that right now. 

By flashing any rom i want you meant to download(for example skatie rom) and to extract it to sd card and vol+menu+start ?