Bit quiet here. I'd have thought MoDaCo-ites would love the S3

Guest rferrett

Guest rferrett

Maybe things will kick off a bit soon. I hope the scene does get going here. MoDaCo is just so much easier for non devs to get info and that from compared to XDA which can frankly be pretty daunting.

Guest Gary Crutcher

The reason not many people, i.e. developers, are not posting is that Samsung re-wrote a lot of code and it is making things difficult to mod.

Secondly, they took some ideas from the forums and added them to the Galaxy S III: removed leading zero from lock screen in 12-hour mode, added scrolling quickpanel, added button to get to settings from QP, etc.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest rferrett

I didn't mean this as a criticism of the devs in any way Gary. More in terms of the lack of general chatter!

I thought the S3 forum would be buzzing.

Guest Gary Crutcher

I didn't mean this as a criticism of the devs in any way Gary. More in terms of the lack of general chatter!

I thought the S3 forum would be buzzing.

I did not take your comments as a criticism. Don't worry.

But what I said IS part of the reason...I'm pretty sure.

Most devs on xda-forum have done the same mods for the SGS3 ROMs. Am waiting for some of the SGS2 mods

to be ported over to the SGS3. Otherwise, I will try to do it myself. :)

Edit: Also many people do not have their SGS3 yet. I expect by the middle of July this forum start getting a bit lively. :P

Edited by Gary Crutcher

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shanky887614

I did not take your comments as a criticism. Don't worry.

But what I said IS part of the reason...I'm pretty sure.

Most devs on xda-forum have done the same mods for the SGS3 ROMs. Am waiting for some of the SGS2 mods

to be ported over to the SGS3. Otherwise, I will try to do it myself. :)

Edit: Also many people do not have their SGS3 yet. I expect by the middle of July this forum start getting a bit lively. :P

good point, a lot of devs here are american and it isnt realised in america for a while yet

should be picking up a galaxy s3 in next couple days when aprentaship is finalised

• 1 month later...
Guest Gary Crutcher

Still very quiet in here.... Shiney S3 in my hands and no one to play with! :P

If you look at the Modaco SGS2 forum you will see lots of activity. This is because the hardware is similar for International users and the USA/Canada. I did a lot of development there. It was fun.

Not so for the SGS3. Hardware is different and ROMs for the International users are not compatible with the USA/Canadian SGS3 phones.

Individual apps should be compatible, but not the hardware specific files.

And yes, it would be nice to see a little more activity here like it was in the SGS2 forums. Oh well...that's life.