MokeeOS Metal *Link Up*

Guest Mtman1

Guest Mtman1

Hi,

Due to popular demand, I have released Mokee OS for the Acer liquid mt. It is a heavily themed Chinese Rom (In English) and is based on cm7.

STATUS: complete :) I will update when anyone finds a bug, or when C3C0 or Sheenick makes a new update.

Features:

- Android 2.3.7

- Nice statusbar

- Working techno Kernel (Cm/Miui version) You have to flash it as it is not included

- In English and is multilingual

- Cm settings

- Cm theme chooser

- Tell me

Working

- Everything not posted below

Sort of working

- FM. Use spirit fm

- Tethering. Use an external app

Not Working

- Whatevers not working in Lens flares Cm 7.2

There are addons that work with this rom in the ZTE skate mokee of rom. These are the center clock, themes and softkeys.

Is you want to undo the center clock, there is the Zip: https://docs.google....MzRYVHVxUjRZa2c

Flashing order:

1 nandroid backup

2 factory reset in cwm

3 rom (3.0)

4 3.1 patch

5 version 4 patch

6 (optional) technolover kernel and center clock

7 reboot + enjoy

Technolover kernel:

Well, it's not officially supported, but I can't find any bugs using it. I have tried 1.4c and 1.5, both work. Just remember to flash the CM/MiUi version. It seems 1.5 might drain the battery more than usual, if this happens, go back to technolover kernel 1.4c

FULL 4.0 ROM: this is on lfdesigns.tk and it includes all the patches that have been posted below.

Rom link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwY2cRvUfOBbbEV3WDRnT3RCbGM

UPDATE 23/6/12

The apps have been replaced, no wipe needed or performed, but make a nandoid backup just to make sure. Flash superuser zip after update, it might of deleted it.

Flash this over V3

Link: https://docs.google....RmlvVGNmb0EwZUk

UPDATE 25/6/12

Fixed SU, Overclock and torch in statusbar. Now everything is working the same as cm7. The google docs is messed up so click file, then download. Flash this over 3.1 (sorry bout that, I might make a final ROM with everything in it.

Link: https://docs.google....b0NWcEZPSDd5OU0 Have a nice time :) Oh, and this does no wipe :)

MTman1

PS: I am no way responsible if you brick/ ruin your device flashing this rom (neither is modaco). You will lose all your data, so remember to back up.

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Mtman1

Change log

V4 25.6.12

Everything working as of cm7

Fixed su

Fixed overclock

Fixed torch

V3.1 23.6.12

Replaced system apps, more multilingual. Flash superuser after update

V3

Fixed Chinese language

Fixed multilanguage issue

Changed bootanimation+ bulid.prop

V2 22.5.12

Added softkeys (settings-> cm settings-> tablet tweaks and pick your softkeys

V1 21.5.12

Initial release

Lens_flare- for cm7 base + helper + generally being epic

C3C0- for his apps on mokee

Sheenick- for his blade port

Don tsnm- for helping me and encouraging me

Private testers- for testing

The community- for making me buy the phone :)

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Mtman1

I'll add this and other pics to OP later. You can change the theme with ccyanogen mod theme Chooser if you want, but this is the original theme. post-982091-13400549087746_thumb.jpg

Guest Don Tsnm

Can you not format data/system for a update? The ROM is reset and not save changes… U_U

EDIT:

In v3, the wifi is not working. I switch on and passed 5 seconds it switch off…

Edited by Don Tsnm

Guest Don Tsnm

You can try just formatting system or no wipe at all but I'm not sure. Do a nandroid first

The nandroid help me ^_^

But for the next v4, try to no-wipe on install (as the miui by Lens_Flare ;) ), and remember the wifi problem :P

Edited by Don Tsnm

Guest Mtman1

Wifi problem???? Yeah, ill do that no wipe :) sorry for not doing it this time.

Edit. Just seen the post you made. Can anybody else confirm that it happens? It works fine for Me

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Don Tsnm

Wifi problem???? Yeah, ill do that no wipe sorry for not doing it this time.

Edit. Just seen the post you made. Can anybody else confirm that it happens? It works fine for Me

Ok, I found the problem with the wifi: the wifi work on a normal installation and no work when I flash technoloverkernel 1.3a (the latest version of TLK have a problem with the cpu that add lag when lock the phone).

For now, I go back to v2 :P

Edited by Don Tsnm

Guest MadMousse

Mtman, this rom is really great. It was laggy in the beginning, but after a few time it just stabilized itself. The only problems for me are the language that is only partially changed (but this is because I have the V2) and the donn't working things mentionned above. Otherwise I really love this rom and offer for me the best alternative between a fully working ROM and the desire of CM9 on our metals.

The included Adblock in the settings works very well and this advanced notification bar is very usefull.

I'm going to switch to V3 to see if language issues are resolved ;)

Guest Don Tsnm

Hmm. Try 1.4c, I don't see any bug when starting the screen up...

The problem is in the CPU scheduler. If you select another that noop, the phone has lag when unlock.

Now I am try the latest version of TLK and the wifi problem not exist.

Guest Lens_flare

what the..

Why we need that "miui clone"? Maybe it worth to start investigating real cm sources?

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Mtman1

The problem is in the CPU scheduler. If you select another that noop, the phone has lag when unlock.

Now I am try the latest version of TLK and the wifi problem not exist.

Seriously, do you really need a scheduler? I don't have a clue what they do. If you want to have this fully working, then either don't use a scheduler or don't flash technoloves kernel

Guest Don Tsnm

Seriously, do you really need a scheduler? I don't have a clue what they do. If you want to have this fully working, then either don't use a scheduler or don't flash technoloves kernel

Now with 1.4c and noop is working well :P I like TLK because it has the mtcontrol to undervolt!

Can you upload a v3 without wipe?

I'm trying diferent FMRadio apps, but not working… :( You could include Spirit FM into the rom…

Edited by Don Tsnm

Guest Mtman1

Now with 1.4c and noop is working well :P I like TLK because it has the mtcontrol to undervolt!

Can you upload a v3 without wipe?

I'm trying diferent FMRadio apps, but not working… :( You could include Spirit FM into the rom…

I don't think I'm allowed to add spirit FM to this Rom :(. I'll do the no wipe later

Edit: I have the may 6th spirit FM unlocked and it works fine. The newer ones don't work....

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Don Tsnm

I don't think I'm allowed to add spirit FM to this Rom . I'll do the no wipe later

Edit: I have the may 6th spirit FM unlocked and it works fine. The newer ones don't work....

In the market not appear Spirit, but in the blackmarket appear an Spirit UL that work good but I can not control the volume.

Can you send me by pm your Spirit version? I remember that in old version of Spirit, I could control the volume…

Anyone know the FM chip used in our LiquidMT?

Edited by Don Tsnm

Guest Mtman1

Don't have a clue about the chip, but no for the spirit. I don't want to promote piracy :) My computer is copying stuff at the moment, so I can't for the no wipe. You could diy by going into meta-inf -> com -> Google-> android -> updater-script and removing the wipe data lines.