Xolo x900 updates: Does any of this help us?

Guest glossywhite

What is the upgrade exactly ? the phone has just been released,bit early for an upgrade unless it is a minor fix for the x900/san diego.

And how do we know it will work on the san diego if it is something worth upgrading for,look at the g300 for example,over here it is the U8815 and in china it is the U8818.Ok it is confirmed that roms are compatible between both,but using an update may be a different matter.

Do you know what the update is ? I see no details there,so I will download to see.

In some screenshots the x900 has power controls in statusbar I did not see that for the OSD ?

Ok the zip is only 9.6mb so it is most likely some kind of fix for a problem the x900 has that we may not.

It looks like something to do with camera as there is a camera apk amoung various other files in system so looks like other fixes,anyone know what boot.bin is ? Obviously I know it is to do with boot.lol but it is in the same place one would usually see boot.img ?

Direct link: http://www.mediafire...vb0lxtwoxz4flv8

Edited by Guest

Guest PaulOBrien
I found an "update.zip" and a manual... for the Xolo 900 - is this of any help?

>> http://www.xolo.in/x...oftware-upgrade

Not specifically, I've played with this a lot.

Interestingly I used the boot.bin to recover my phone from a brick situation, so the Xolo does share the same signature for it's images.

Not that useful tho.

P

Guest k0nrad

I don't know diddly but would xolo images allow us to de orangify this thing. It flashing this possible?

If all the signatures are same (which is kind of implied by what Paul did with boot.bin), then what you say may be true - provided we have access to a full flashable ROM for Xolo, which at the moment we don't, right?

Guest PaulOBrien

If all the signatures are same (which is kind of implied by what Paul did with boot.bin), then what you say may be true - provided we have access to a full flashable ROM for Xolo, which at the moment we don't, right?

All the ROM flashes check the device properties, ie a Xolo ROM checks its flashing over a Xolo ROM. Doh!

P

Guest k0nrad

I guess it's only reasonable safety measure designed to not brick the phone, but damn, it makes enthusiasts' life soo hard :/

I'm only wondering why boot.bin is compatible while clearly different (as you stated the USB device name changed after the flash)??

You have probably investigated it already, Paul, as my idea is very basic.

Since we can't modify anything that's already on device (save for that boot.in part), but can we somehow trick the 'new' Xolo ROM into thinking it's a San Diego ROM... But then I guess it's not as simple as spoofing the DeviceID in a bunch of human-readable files?

Duh, I'm a slow-thinker today. We cannot modify stock ROM package anyhow as we would need to re-sign it and we don't have the keys, right?

Edited by k0nrad

Guest PaulOBrien

I guess it's only reasonable safety measure designed to not brick the phone, but damn, it makes enthusiasts' life soo hard :/

I'm only wondering why boot.bin is compatible while clearly different (as you stated the USB device name changed after the flash)??

You have probably investigated it already, Paul, as my idea is very basic.

Since we can't modify anything that's already on device (save for that boot.in part), but can we somehow trick the 'new' Xolo ROM into thinking it's a San Diego ROM... But then I guess it's not as simple as spoofing the DeviceID in a bunch of human-readable files?

Duh, I'm a slow-thinker today. We cannot modify stock ROM package anyhow as we would need to re-sign it and we don't have the keys, right?

No, that's set in the recovery image properties. You can't modify the recovery image, and even if you could, you instantly brick the device by flashing a bad recovery image / wrong signature recovery image.

Flashing a Xolo recovery image would probably work but we don't have it.

P