MoDaCo Custom ROM Ir1 for the Samsung Galaxy S III - new: Trackball Alert support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul, I have made a new bake without EPM so I am able to flash the autobrightness fix again. Could you please put higher levels in the framework-res?

I asked before but for me the phone is still too dark in house. I use the AB_3 fix from xda which really looks nice in- and outside. I would even prefer one extra value like 90 in between if possible.

This are the values:

Stock AB1 AB2 AB3

20 25 30 40

80 100 120 130

130 165 195 200

190 235 240 240

255 255 255 255

I use Lux personally (have you tried it?), but i'll look at those values.

P

Guest GPTom

Strange, there's nothing between Vanilla / TW that should really affect that! Tweaked the Clocks / Contacts descriptions. :)

Did you select 'Exchange Account Support' from the Google section and 'E-mail' from the Samsung section?

P

I tried different ways...

- exchange support selected, and no samsung mail app

- exchange support selected, and with samsung mail app

- your vanilla prebake

none of them is working for me :( !

Guest Planet X

I use Lux personally (have you tried it?), but i'll look at those values.

P

Actually I also like Lux and used it a lot. But if you put these values into the framework you don't need an app. Tht's why I ask for it.

Guest amjb71

I have tried the kitchen and added email with exchange, but it just crashes? and system is very unstable?

Now restoring, not sure what I did wrong, downloaded twice, any advice?

I also did a full wipe and exchange still did not work?

Edited by amjb71

Guest Robse

Hey Paul,

dont want to be pungent ;), but can you tell us when approximately you gonna integrate the Navgiation Bar into this ROM :)?

Thank you

Greets

Guest amjb71

I cooked 5 roms now and still can't get exchange working "couldn't open connection to server"

I have selected the mail/exchange buttons, do I leave the Samsung one on or of? (I've tried both combos so far)

I can't stand the Samsung email client, please help!

Guest -logged-

Hi

Im am having problems with the kitchen. make my selections, click to bake then get a url not found page and the download dosent start.

Is this an issue you are awear of or am i doing something dumb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul,

dont want to be pungent ;), but can you tell us when approximately you gonna integrate the Navgiation Bar into this ROM :)?

Thank you

Greets

No, it's on the to-do list, no ETA.

Hi

Im am having problems with the kitchen. make my selections, click to bake then get a url not found page and the download dosent start.

Is this an issue you are awear of or am i doing something dumb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Unclick the 'sign' option for now, known issue!

P

Guest mikek7

I cooked 5 roms now and still can't get exchange working "couldn't open connection to server"

I have selected the mail/exchange buttons, do I leave the Samsung one on or of? (I've tried both combos so far)

I can't stand the Samsung email client, please help!

any news/progress on the exchange problems?

Guest PaulOBrien

any news/progress on the exchange problems?

I installed a ROM with the Samsung exchange client and it worked fine! I've not had a chance to test the Google Mail / Exchange app yet (will do that today).

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I added an option to the kitchen that enables the Galaxy Nexus style navigation bar. This also disables the menu and back keys, the backlight for these now defunct keys can be disabled in the display settings menu. Feedback welcomed!

It looks like the image below. :)

P

navbar.png

Guest Deus_ex11

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure about the navigation bar taking up screen space. I'm pretty much used to the touch and home buttons now anyway.

What I really wanted to ask was are you updating your rom to be based on the XXBLFB firmware? It has better battery life now when on idle and has Allshare cast now in the settings plus a few improvements and additions. The extra features are listed here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1754804

Any chance of including hyperX camera mod in your kitchen? Its so much better taking pictures with the physical buttons. His mod is here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1691145

Guest ogdobber

Changelog

9th July

• Added NFC fix pack to the kitchen, lets Google Wallet work (use my patched version!)

awesome paul! baked a rom up and got it up and going, all though haven't been able to add my card yet.

I can run google wallet on multiple devices right?

maybe just a problem with the prepaid card...If I can't get it by tomorrow I will call gw and ask whats up

btw paul. what was the fix? libs from XXBLFB?

*edit got wallet working with a build.prop edit (htc_jewel)

Edited by ogdobber

Guest Cyrusir

First off great job, love the vanilla rom

Just as an FYI i have also had the same exchange issues on the vanilla pre bake,

so i uninstalled the two email pks and reinstalled and that fixed that issue, however the second issue is that the calendar doesnt pick up the exchange calendar which is a big issue for me personally, it seems to have affected other AOSP roms aswell for what i can see?