Unworkable apps

Guest geoff1951

Guest geoff1951

According to Intel the OSD processor can't handle some 30% of apps (mentioned in reviews around the net). Does anyone know if Shazam is one of these?

I've never used it before, and was showing off the OSD to a friend (iPhone user) and downloaded Shazam but keep getting error messages when I tried to run it.

I then loaded it on to my old San Francisco (running Swedish Spring) and that runs Shazam fine. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

Guest geoff1951

Visited Orange store in Liverpool One today. Very helpful representative tried to load Shazam on the shop's SD - no go. Said he'd feedback to the Intel rep. Orange customer service say there's a SEVEN DAY wait for an email query to customer services...

I find it incredible that Orange have taken the huge step of launching Europe's first Intel-powered phone without :-

* ICS

* Checking the major apps for compatibility (Shazam isn't exactly obscure)

* Developer-friendly system access.

I think the phone is great, incidentally!

PS. Thanks dangerbizzla, got that and it works. Just want Shazam too!

Edited by geoff1951

I have been playing GTA3 and have come to the conclusion that the latest market version is having compatibility issues with the OSD. What I mean is that there is a kind of stutter effect in game play from time to time, not sure what it is, but it is very annoying. So I was going through some old sd card backups I made and I had GTA3 V1.1, so I installed it along with the xda app for enabling full effects, and it is as smooth as butter, with all effects on full :D

I do not know if anyone else notices the stutter in game play, but just a heads up for those that do.

Here is link to full effects app: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1417810

For obvious reasons, I will not be uploading my backup of GTA3 V1.1 ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest mclassplanet

A game that used to work but has now stopped working on my San Diego is SpeedMoto (OoO Studio), which may relate to a change made to the game's graphics; now the game simply quits when you attempt to play it, and cache clearing/reinstalling/etc. appears to have no effect.

Bought my San Diego recently and it is a great phone, although these incompabilities are especially annoying in relation to something that worked perfectly fine before an update.

Edited by mclassplanet

Anyone else having problems with modern combat 2 ?

For no apparent reason the game thinks it is no longer compatible with the OSD?

I have tried clearing app data, rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, redownloading from gameloft, nothing works?

The game worked fine, and it is the so called official noonhill version. The only thing that made it work again was a factory reset, then after a few days it became incompatible again.

edit: something completely unrelated to this, just a little heads up, the navigon app has a 313mb folder on sd card, not alot, but when you only got around 10Gb to use, every Mb counts.

post-796032-0-30451100-1341740507_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Anyone?

I still can find no way to get it to work again, also now, asphalt 6 crashes some times as well as mass effect. Is there some explanation why this is happening? is my gpu damaged?

Guest tilal6991

You seem to have a database error - weird error for a game. No idea how to fix it though - you seem to have tried all the stuff I would usually suggest. The factory reset making it work makes sense but something is corrupting the game database.

You seem to have a database error - weird error for a game. No idea how to fix it though - you seem to have tried all the stuff I would usually suggest. The factory reset making it work makes sense but something is corrupting the game database.

Yeah seems very strange, all the games that have sd data are starting to play up. On a good note, I factory reset again just now, and also wiped the sd internal sd card and redownloaded the game data and it is working again. :D

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or does the x900 update stop wap.gameloft fom seeing the device as intel noonhill?

Meaning there is no access to gameloft games now, at least that is how it is for me. I go to gameloft through stock browser and my device is not seen, so I cannot access my games if I chose to redownload them for whatever reason.

Edited by Guest

Guest brit07

Is it just me or does the x900 update stop wap.gameloft fom seeing the device as intel noonhill?

Meaning there is no access to gameloft games now, at least that is how it is for me. I go to gameloft through stock browser and my device is not seen, so I cannot access my games if I chose to redownload them for whatever reason.

could be as for some reason since flashing the x900 update i no longer can see google listen???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

Angry birds HD is incompatible too.

No Angry Birds at all? Tell me it's not so!!

I've been considering swapping my OSF for the OSD but no Angry Birds would be a deal breaker (I work nights and it can get boring).

• 1 month later...