[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest striker81

You had a ROM with the touch buttons on, which are pretty pointless as we actually have capacitive buttons.

Hold down home.

Doh!

Thanks

Guest Pathfinder23

First of all thanks to ICS4G300 team for a great ROM, I have one question though, I don't seem to find the navigation app but according to the image on the first post it's there, have I missed anything ? (I did installed the google app file)

Guest razzmataz1478

About Apollo and Album Art:

For some stupid reason whoever created apollo decided it would be a great idea to fetch album art from Last.FM rather than using ID3 tags, so if you're lacking an internet connection, then you'll get no album art. How (not) awesome is that!

Guest Dazzozo

About Apollo and Album Art:

For some stupid reason whoever created apollo decided it would be a great idea to fetch album art from Last.FM rather than using ID3 tags, so if you're lacking an internet connection, then you'll get no album art. How (not) awesome is that!

Haha, oh wow!

First of all thanks to ICS4G300 team for a great ROM, I have one question though, I don't seem to find the navigation app but according to the image on the first post it's there, have I missed anything ? (I did installed the google app file)

The zip only "Googlifies" your ROM, installing only the things that can't be downloaded through the Play Store (including the Store itself). For that screenshot, I just downloaded everything published by Google.

Guest Pathfinder23

Thanks Dazzozo for your reply, I think "Googlifies" need to be added to the dictionary like "googling" :)

I couldn't find the navigation app on my phone or in the store but when I opened the google maps app and then changed the view to navigation the icon suddenly appeared in my phone menu ! result....

The only thing left to make it the prefect ROM for me is the bluetooth (so I can use the bluetooth carkit, better be safe than get points ;)

Edited by Pathfinder23

Guest kiwishaun

Hey this rom is awesome, it runs smoothly and everything. Unfortunately I have a problem where I am being asked for a Network Unlock PIN everytime I start up the phone. I just tap dismiss everytime but I am unable to import my contacts from my SIM Card.

Any suggestions would be great? Thanks.

EDIT: I am able to send texts fine so it can't be locked to a network...

Edited by kiwishaun

Guest Christiansdad

Enjoying this rom I have a few problems though, manly restoring apps using ROM Toolbox pro, a number of apps will not run i.e Screen off, Skype, Igo anyone else having this problem? Sound is great, the launcher speed is excellent (using Sony Experia). I'll try going back into Play store and download again. Be great when we get the camera sorted! Thanks again.

I cant get Rom Toolbox pro to run at all, it installs but as soon as i try to run it it shuts down and doesnt appear anymore in the app draw.

Guest sonny crockett

Hi Guys

Okay I am ready to be flamed here but I can't get the phone to verify the update file.

I have downloaded it twice but I always get "Failed to verify whole file signature"

Any hints?

Guest Dazzozo
Hi Guys

Okay I am ready to be flamed here but I can't get the phone to verify the update file.

I have downloaded it twice but I always get "Failed to verify whole file signature"

Any hints?

Do you have CWM installed?

Guest Brian Doyle

Are you certain that you unlocked Brian? Pretty sure the unlock must be done on the stock Rom.

Sorry, been busy.Yes, 100%.I unlocked it under the stock gingerbread rom.It was a Vodafone Ireland phone and now I have a Three Ireland sim in it.It's just this ICS rom that asks me to unlock again? I tried entering the code that unlocked it on the stock rom but no luck. :(

Guest fr0do
Is anyone else unable to import their contacts from Sim Card or is it just me?

I use SMS Backup and call backup as the data between gingerbread and ICS seems to be incompatible. (If that's what you mean). Otherwise contacts come down from Google ok :/

Edited by fr0do

Guest Evil Disco Guy

Feels good for a first release, once camera/bluetooth are sorted then the optimisation can begin. I've noticed USB transfer speeds are slow, much slower than stock/AtomicMod.

Guest Christiansdad

After using the phone for a day now the screen response seems slower than gingerbread, i know this was mentioned earlier as well, I’ve tried 3 different launchers but all seem the same, also and it might just be my eyes but going between pages in Google play seem to stutter, could this be to do with graphics drivers or whatever the android equivalent is?

I would still like to thank everyone for their work on this though.

Guest Coffer52

I cant get Rom Toolbox pro to run at all, it installs but as soon as i try to run it it shuts down and doesnt appear anymore in the app draw.

Yeh I had that problem too, removed, rebooted and reinstalled it and its working OK now!

Guest Christiansdad

I also don't seem to be able to access the internal SD. is it still called HWUserData? i cant copy anything to that location. was working in gingerbread.

Guest djuroue

I also don't seem to be able to access the internal SD. is it still called HWUserData? i cant copy anything to that location. was working in gingerbread.

When i enter that folder, it is empty. Besides that, i have external SDCard so i dont use internal memory.

Guest Christiansdad

When i enter that folder, it is empty. Besides that, i have external SDCard so i dont use internal memory.

I tend to dump larger files like maps on it normally and use my external SD for everything else. I'm getting the same the directory appears empty but im also unable to copy anything to it. Could it be a permissions issue?

Guest djuroue

I tend to dump larger files like maps on it normally and use my external SD for everything else. I'm getting the same the directory appears empty but im also unable to copy anything to it. Could it be a permissions issue?

Yes, 100%. I used ES File explorer with root explorer enabled. When i enter properties for HWUserData, the permissions are not set at all. Just check all the permission boxes and it will be available to copy in folder !