[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest bardriel

So... I performed a clean install of the latest rom and S2E works normally.

This means S2E fix is integrated correctly.

Maybe it's important to know that it requires SD ext partition to be of ext3 type.

And it's also important to know that you should avoid flashing S3 kernels from "S series kernels" thread

since those are not yet S2E compatible!

It is necessary to stick with kernel that comes with rom for now until I release new version of S3 kernels.

Ok. I find the problem. I flashed the S3 kernel.

I´m going to flash it whitout the S3 kernel.

Thansk for your help.

Edited by bardriel

Guest WiiSky70

C3C0 there will be further improvments to the Battery Life in the next release ?,

If so

can you provide more information on what are you working with the ROM ?

Edited by WiiSky70

I am not working on the rom atm. Busy with some Android development at work.

But I've been recently working on kernel - revision of cpu governors plus implementing new governor "SmartassH3" that has parameters tuned by H3ROS that could bring better battery life .

post-932905-0-36101700-1350400784_thumb.

Edited by C3C0

So... I performed a clean install of the latest rom and S2E works normally.

This means S2E fix is integrated correctly.

Maybe it's important to know that it requires SD ext partition to be of ext3 type.

And it's also important to know that you should avoid flashing S3 kernels from "S series kernels" thread

since those are not yet S2E compatible!

It is necessary to stick with kernel that comes with rom for now until I release new version of S3 kernels.

<3

Guest Schwedenbitter

Hello,

I installed the current ROM on my Skate. It works much better than the one from Oct. 2nd.

Somehow I removed the links for SMS/MMS and Browser from the very bottom launcher bar. By mistake I pressed the browser icon for a longer time and after releasing my finger it disappeared. Then I tried to reproduce it and did the same with the SMS/MMS icon.

Is this a normal behavior?

Anyway: how can I get these icons back?

If this would be the wrong place for my question, could please somebody move it.

Thanks, Alex

P.S. How to append a screenshot to my posts?

Guest omegavesko

Hello,

I installed the current ROM on my Skate. It works much better than the one from Oct. 2nd.

Somehow I removed the links for SMS/MMS and Browser from the very bottom launcher bar. By mistake I pressed the browser icon for a longer time and after releasing my finger it disappeared. Then I tried to reproduce it and did the same with the SMS/MMS icon.

Is this a normal behavior?

Anyway: how can I get these icons back?

If this would be the wrong place for my question, could please somebody move it.

Thanks, Alex

P.S. How to append a screenshot to my posts?

This seems to be a common bug, at least for me. try dragging apps to the general area, not necessarily to the place the icon was at. Eventually you should manage to make a folder this way, then just drag the other app out of the folder and everything will be visible again.

Hi to all ,

Thank you C3C0 for your supperb work with this ROM for zte skate ,

You have return to life my zte , it was 6 months without using it , because the speed and roms i use .

Now perfect , but i have one issue :

In GMAIL aplication sometimes when i read one email it appears , and suddenly dissapears from screen , but only the email part , the

desktop are ok . The problem is that i tried to find to repeat the problem but now it is not possible to read emails . After 3 seconds dissapears .

What is the problem ?

I Do not touch any paranoid parameters .

I am using last rom you have edited .

Thanks for all

This is a common issue that may also affect other similar apps. It is related to not enough free memory I suppose. Killing the gmail app long pressing back button often does the trick (kill by back button must be turned on in development settings).

Less than 500mb total memory is simply not enough for ics.

This seems to be a common bug, at least for me. try dragging apps to the general area, not necessarily to the place the icon was at. Eventually you should manage to make a folder this way, then just drag the other app out of the folder and everything will be visible again.

Probably a launcher issue. No issues here. Using Nova launcher.

Guest syst3m68

Hey, C3CO, this is BRILLIANT.

My phones been inactive for so long, flashed the previous version of this ROM, now i'm back to update.

No serious problems, just a few UI glitches.(notification bar decides to disappear at times.)

Much thanks for this. :)

Guest dejanmil

C3CO, will u update gapps to latest version? And if u could take a look into that AC!D mod, i tried it in JB, and would be great thing to have in this room also, since it wont past boot screen when flashed. TY:)

Are you sure you have enough space on system partition for it?

By the way - I certainly will not included it in the rom by default.

This is MOD which should be used at each user's reponsibility. Simply because it can introduce undesired side-effects.

Thanks for understanding.

Guest dejanmil

ofc not to include in build, just would be good if it would work with ur rom, have enough space, but must be something with paranoid ui or something, so i just wondered if u would take a look into it. love ur rom btw, best for me so far.

Guest johnny07mdc

Big thanks C3C0 great rom

been using SWEDISH SNOW on my skate since first got

it. been worried ICS on skate would have lot of problems

due to it's low memory.

Am glad to report apart from known bugs my skate is flying

along on your rom wish I made the leap before.

Thanks for all the time and effort you must have put into

this for our enjoyment.we are very lucky and the world would

be a better place if more people like you

Guest plegdroid

with all the talk of paranoid android jb, I thought I try the cm9 version with the phone ui. Ceco, really thankful, it's very quick and all the mods I require in a phone. I like it so much, I nocked up a blue systemui apk for the 12-10-12 build.

http://db.tt/ijdD5gbv

As always Ceco thank you very much. :)