[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest shanga44

Can you add SRS Audio Effects to remplace DSP manager in the next release please ? (working with Android music player , Appolo, CyanogenMod 9 music and maybe other)

Edited by shanga44

Guest 24KiFly24

Hi;) I have a question . I have been installing ROMs by"cwm/mount and storage/format boot cache system sd-ext"since I use cwm Yesterday I found otherway like the beginning of this topic. It is the same or is it better???

Guest Anglobal

Hello again. If I may report two issues with gmail app. One, when in tablet mode the app crashes when ever dpi is set above 150. Two, when in default mode, after some use, the app wont show email content until dpi is changed (again after some time it wont show email content) - strange. So basically, the app is only usable when in tablet mode with dpi set on 150 (and bellow). Luckily my eyesight is good enough :)

PS. I resolved the random notification slide that goes beneath the navigation bar by switching to landscape and back to portrait. So that issue still occurs (randomly) but its fixable.

Thank you for your work, I am very happy with this rom.

Guest TouchyAndalou

Has anybody else reported problems with the clock going out of whack on this ROM? It's happened a couple of times for me where I'll unlock the phone and the time displayed will be an hour or approx 1.5 hours too slow. The only way to fix it has been to reboot.

Can you add SRS Audio Effects to remplace DSP manager in the next release please ? (working with Android music player , Appolo, CyanogenMod 9 music and maybe other)

Sorry, but no.

1) What you may find better others might not - everybody has own preferences. So the best policy is to stick with default sound system that CyanogenMod brings and let

user to furher mod the rom if desired. Otherwise we would end up with people whining about DSP gone

2) I prefer avoiding of using anything for which we don't have a source code (except for proprietary device libs provided by ZTE of course).

Hi again

Is it only me having the "encryption" issue ?

Is it a know problem ?

Not sure how this function works (never needed it). I could test it to see what's going on but I am not sure how this affects my phone, especially data on SD card.

Hello again. If I may report two issues with gmail app. One, when in tablet mode the app crashes when ever dpi is set above 150. Two, when in default mode, after some use, the app wont show email content until dpi is changed (again after some time it wont show email content) - strange. So basically, the app is only usable when in tablet mode with dpi set on 150 (and bellow). Luckily my eyesight is good enough :)

PS. I resolved the random notification slide that goes beneath the navigation bar by switching to landscape and back to portrait. So that issue still occurs (randomly) but its fixable.

Thank you for your work, I am very happy with this rom.

Blank screen in Gmail and also in other apps like Faceboot that are using views with text is a known issue that has been here since the beginning of ICS on Skate. So far nobody was able

to track down and fix the issue. It could be hardware related or memory limitations related.

Regarding DPI. I have my Gmail in Tablet mode with 180DPI at this moment and it works fine.

hi. i was just wondering, is it possible to install google now on this rom?

You can try this mod. But it's very experimental.

http://www.modaco.co...s-experimental/

Has anybody else reported problems with the clock going out of whack on this ROM? It's happened a couple of times for me where I'll unlock the phone and the time displayed will be an hour or approx 1.5 hours too slow. The only way to fix it has been to reboot.

Yes. I have noticed it couple of times, too. It's quite rare and I was not able to figure out what is causing it. Looks like listeners for system clock ticks in tablet's clock somehow stop to catch the tick events. It happened to me mainly when changing system settings for status bar.

@all

Been quite busy this week so I haven't had enough time to spend on ROM improving. I have the translations ready and will probably release an update.

Nothing special new, just fix for browser, fix for circle battery style missing for some languages, updated OMX patch from Ganster (although I don't see any difference compared to the previous one. The youtube HQ reboots are still there.)

Edited by C3C0

Guest plegdroid
Hi again

Is it only me having the "encryption" issue ?

Is it a know problem ?

Google only intruduced app encryption via download from market with jb, ics should not have this issue :$ :)

Guest gianmarco49

Actually I was only trying to use the standard ICS encryption :

• From a Home or All Apps screen, touch the Settings icon ic_launcher_settings.png.
  • Touch Personal > Security > Encryption > Encrypt phone

But the procedure does not seem to be working

Well, I went through couple of posts I found on the internet and this seems to be a common problem for lot of devices.

Looks like not all devices support the encryption mechanism implemented in ICS.

Guest plegdroid
Actually I was only trying to use the standard ICS encryption :

• From a Home or All Apps screen, touch the Settings icon ic_launcher_settings.png.
  • Touch Personal > Security > Encryption > Encrypt phone

But the procedure does not seem to be working

Well, I went through couple of posts I found on the internet and this seems to be a common problem for lot of devices.

Looks like not all devices support the encryption mechanism implemented in ICS.

apologies my bad, different encryption O:)

Guest jtharmor

When i type a sms.....while entering the contact name in To field the cursor moves to initial position after typing 2-3 characters and i have to exit sms creation and try again....its so much frustrating.

@eloimuns, @Schwedenbitter

Attached some more missing strings that need translations.

@shaez

There are too many strings untranslated throughout the whole settings.

I will send you the complete string files by PM.

settings.xml

Edited by C3C0

New build up.

For now this is the final release since I am getting a little break from it and nothing special is going on in ICS

development anyway.

Changelog 01/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed Circle battery style not displaying for some languages

- fixed Browser crash when VoiceSearch app not installed

- added missing Spanish translations (thanks to eloimuns & RaAmon)

- added missing German translations (thanks to Schwedenbitter)

- added missing Czech translations (thanks to shaez)

- added missing Slovak translations

- latest OMX patch for HQ video by Ganster

(Youtube HQ reboots are still there)

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Guest eloimuns

New build up.

For now this is the final release since I am getting a little break from it and nothing special is going on in ICS

development anyway.

Changelog 01/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed Circle battery style not displaying for some languages

- fixed Browser crash when VoiceSearch app not installed

- added missing Spanish translations (thanks to eloimuns & RaAmon)

- added missing German translations (thanks to Schwedenbitter)

- added missing Czech translations (thanks to shaez)

- added missing Slovak translations

- latest OMX patch for HQ video by Ganster

(Youtube HQ reboots are still there)

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Thanks C3C0 for the new build.

I have one suggestion for you.

Can you create a new build based on CM7.2 with your personalitzation and scripts for smooth and very fast?

Now i have ICS, but this month i need use flash for school :S

THANKS!