[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest dron749273

Hi C3CO, good ROM, good work.

But there are problems with a touchscreen, not always works, to have to press several times, especially softkeys in a line of navigation.

Hi C3CO, I tested your Paranoid Built for a few days now and it seems hes very fast and reliable. Although I came across some Bugs/Giltches:

At the end theres the screen not dimmed - Happens only in hybrid mode

Then there are some graphical errors watching youtube videos HQ:

And the last point is, if you watch long youtube videos in a row the phone crashes/hot reboots itself.

Hope you can fix them (and sorry for my bad english)

These are for now the know issues.

Not dimmed area is related to changed resolution and is system wide. Looks like there's something

deep in the framework that doesn't compute the actual size right.

The green bar and glitches is related to non-standard resolution/aspect ratio of video.

Currently I have no clue how to fix it. Ganster is the one who provided the fix for HQ video. I just used it without

further investigation to understand how it actually works.

Hi C3CO, good ROM, good work.

But there are problems with a touchscreen, not always works, to have to press several times, especially softkeys in a line of navigation.

I have debugged the touches within navigation bar and found out that often happens that when you touch the soft key it's too sensitive regarding Y coordinate - it exceeds the current default threshold of 8dp (vertically) and considers the action as not a touch but movement so it doesn't perform the press action (you can try it yourself by enabling Pointer location in developer settings). I can increase this threshold (touch slop) to see if it will bring any improvements. Or maybe I could make the touch slop configurable in settings.

Guest Verhaaltjes

I have debugged the touches within navigation bar and found out that often happens that when you touch the soft key it's too sensitive regarding Y coordinate - it exceeds the current default threshold of 8dp (vertically) and considers the action as not a touch but movement so it doesn't perform the press action (you can try it yourself by enabling Pointer location in developer settings). I can increase this threshold (touch slop) to see if it will bring any improvements. Or maybe I could make the touch slop configurable in settings.

Not sure whether it is the same thing I am experiencing, but overall my experience with ICS and JB roms is indeed that the touchscreen is sometimes not always as responsive as it is under GB roms. So I hope you're onto something here. Looking forward to testing with this setting if you can implement it.

Well I think it's a waste of time to implement the setting without knowing if it will actually be useful.

But what I could do is to provide little mod with that threshold raised so you can test it yourself.

Small update to test. Contains:

1) movement threshold increased to eliminate undesired movements to improve simple touch events

2) navigation bar hacked for better soft buttons responsiveness

Link: http://tinyw.in/P5GR

flash, wipe cache and dalvik cache

Good night.

It's up to you. There are no limits :D

And of course. I don't require people to donate. It's your freedom of decision. You don't need to if you don't feel like it. Honestly.

Guest Verhaaltjes

1) movement threshold increased to eliminate undesired movements to improve simple touch events

Good night.

Definitely seems more responsive now. Will continue testing, but so far I am already a bit happier :)

Guest c-hri-s

Hi,

I've installed on a ZTE skate, but I don't see the Google Apps? I've installed the link from the first post from the recovery menu.

Am I doing something stupid?

Thanks

Guest TouchyAndalou

I've been running this ROM for the first time the last few days, and I'm getting terrible battery drain and also unusually high data usage. Having looked at better battery stats, the battery drain seems to be due to the phone not sleeping when it should, specifically a partial wakelock named "*backup*" which was keeping the phone awake for 3.5 hrs out of about a 7 hr period.

Any idea on what *backup* is C3CO and what may be causing it to keep the phone from deep sleeping?

As for the excess data usage, all battery stats reports is that it's filed under "android system" so no clues there.

Thanks in advance.

Good night.

It is clearly a step in the right direction. The update improves my user experience and feel the Skate more "responsive".

Thank you very much, C3C0 ! :-)

Hey, could the Power-off menu settings be upgraded a little? :)

For example, I don't use profiles or Expanded desktop either, so it would be awesome to turn off these buttons in settings...

I don't want the scroll bar here (there are so many options I don't need)

New version available.

Changelog 21/11/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- Option to clear frequently contacted

- Options to hide Profiles and Expanded desktop from power-off menu

- Recent apps: added button to clear all recent apps at once

- New battery styles: Circle and Circle with percentage

- Allow changing of signal style also in table mode

- Navigation bar tweaked for better soft keys responsiveness

- Touchscreen sensitivity slightly improved

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.